Many of us have been fervently praying that God would turn the church upside down and vigorously shake it (Heb 12:25-29). When this happens, those who love money and have lost their grip on the truth will be the first to fall.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man cannot serve 2 masters, Mammon (money) or God....it is that simple
I too, though am not against the doctrine on Prosperity (truth be told, a Gospel without Prosperity is not the Gospel at all), am curious as to where you get this from.
The Gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus PERIOD! Prosperity (money) has nothing to do with THE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ!
Technically speaking, the gospel has prosperity (money) within it. The Bible declares that we were bought with a price. The currency that was demanded was not a dollar or gold, because they were not worth enough, but blood. The terms "bought with a price", and "redeemed" (which means purchased) are used within the Bible to better teach you what exactly happened. This Gospel is not religious, but a political and legal issue.

In Matthew 11:5, JESUS tells John's disciples to report to him all that they seen. What they seen and heard was that JESUS helped and addressed all of their needs. What was done for each problem? The blind received their vision; the lame walked; the lepers were cleansed. All these people had their issues answered directly. What exactly was given to those who were poor? According to Apostle James, "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." (James 2:15-17)

I'm not saying money saves at all. I am not for those money grubbers who rob the people as well. They are thieves that will be dealt with accordingly by both GOD and man. What I am saying is 1) everything has a price, 2) "money answers all things", including your need for salvation. The price for your soul was high; the currency used to pay the price was JESUS' blood. I didn't write it, the Bible shows it!

Who can dispute that?
1 Cor 15:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you have received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.
Amen, this is all true (even though I do not endorse the NIV)! I agree with what the Word of the LORD says about our salvation 100%.

Now I have to ask what exactly is so wrong with money that you would Hebrews 12 out of context?
This scripture is telling us that God's Kingdom is unshakable and not to put our confidence in things that can be destroyed. Although money can be one of those things that can be destroyed, there are many other things that people will put their confidence in rather than in Christ.
Luke 16:13 (NIV) "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
Mat 6:19-21 (TEB) "Do not save riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, save riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal. For your heart will always be where your riches are."

It is easy enough to "explain away" one or two verses to come to the conclusion we want. But what you are about to read is more than one or two verses: Scriptural teaching about money is clear, consistent, and radical. All is required, and the flesh must die to obey.
Heb 13:5 (RSV) "Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have."

Ps 37:7,16 (NAS) Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way... Better is the little of the righteous than the abundance of many wicked.

Prov 23:4-5 (NIV) Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.
You preach not as though "the love of money is the root to all evil", but as if you are saying "money is the root to all evil". Money is a powerful tool for the Kingdom of GOD. Its almost as if you are condemning those with it as sinners.
I think the Word speaks for itself brother, Money is NOT the power source for the Kingdom, The Holy Ghost is, I suggest you read the Book of Acts carefully.
Sir I have three comments for this:

1) I never said that money was the power source, I said that it was a powerful tool.
2) The Book of Acts speaks about money being used to further build up the Kingdom
3) I would like a response to my previous comments, to see where exactly you stand on the subject, because the only thing that you are saying as of right now is "oh ye wealthy repent for possessing money!".

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service