Many of us have been fervently praying that God would turn the church upside down and vigorously shake it (Heb 12:25-29). When this happens, those who love money and have lost their grip on the truth will be the first to fall.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The First Commandment states, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Any thing, person, place, etc., that we put before God is a sin. The lust of anything, be it money or something else, is a sin.

God does bless His people financially, not because they lust for it, but the very opposite. He also blesses them financially because He knows they will take advantage of every opportunity to bless others with their gift from God.
AMEN! The righteous saints of GOD with money in their hands are like armed, trained, and disciplined soldiers during a time of war: valuable allies to seek after, and enemies you don't want to face!
Jer 9:23-24 (NAS) Thus says the Lord, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom... let not a rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this, that he understands and knows Me... "
Amen, and amen!
Col 3:5-6 (Jer) That is why you must kill everything in you that belongs only to earthly life: fornication, impurity, guilty passion, evil desires and especially greed, which is the same thing as worshipping a false god. All this sort of behavior makes God angry. (Eph 5:5)
Amen, and amen!
Peter describes the church in the latter days:

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily [secretly] shall bring in damnable [destructive, fatal, disastrous, ruinous] heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And MANY shall follow their pernicious [lascivious, licentious, wanton] ways; by reason of whom the way of the truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness [greed, lust] shall they with feigned words MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU" (II Pet. 2:1-3). Other renderings:

"Motivated by greed, they will exploit you with their counterfeit arguments" (Berkely Version).

"…in their lust they will exploit you with cunning arguments" (Moffatt Translation).

"In their greed for MONEY they will trade on your credulity with sheer fabrications"`(The New English Bible).
In all your attack against prosperity, you didn't answer my questions. Can you please address at least one of them?
Why are YOU so defensive about prosperity brother? I never said money was evil, but rather the church has made money an idol and God hates idolotry. The church today make statements like "It takes money to run a ministry" But the reality is it takes men and women full of the holy ghost preaching THE GOSPEL! What men really mean when they say that is..."It takes money to finance my lavish lifestyle", Jesus said FEED the flock..NOT fleece it!
Give to the fatherless, the orphans, the strangers, the widows, the poor, and the needy, the homeless, and the beggar on the street, as God gives to you, the wherewithal. Give to reputable charities if you have extra. Give to your family members and relatives in need—don’t humiliate them by making them ask you first. Give to a neighbor in financial distress. Even when tipping someone, let it be a reflection of the One that you are representing in your Christian walk. Our God is a generous God—may you become generous also. Develop a "love for giving." Paul tells us in Acts 20:35b to:

Remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, IT IS MORE BLESSED TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE
You obviously don't understand what prosperity is for. You say give, but you down grade prosperity. How can I give if I have nothing to give??

Elijah was told that a widow woman would sustain him through the famine, but the woman was in great debt. How can she sustain him through the famine if she is suffering as well? Simple: GOD made her to be PROSPEROUS!
I said this comment before, and it seems to have been a swept aside. Maybe this time, it won't get swept aside:

"The righteous saints of GOD with money in their hands are like armed, trained, and disciplined soldiers during a time of war: valuable allies to seek after, and enemies you don't want to face against!"

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service