Many of us have been fervently praying that God would turn the church upside down and vigorously shake it (Heb 12:25-29). When this happens, those who love money and have lost their grip on the truth will be the first to fall.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't see where any of us who has responded speak in favor of the lust for money or the lust for prosperity as if it was the Gospel. We are simply saying there is nothing wrong or evil if a person is financially comfortable or wealthy if he/she earned it with integrity and legally or inherited it. It's what we do with it and the motivation behind it that will reflect whether or not we are operating in sin.

Are you saying that to be poor is the only way to live righteously for God? If that was the case, you can be sure there will be no tithing or offerings, then what will the church do?
No one is saying it is wrong to have money, it IS WRONG to merchandise the Gospel and take advatage of the poor, which TOO MANY of our PREACHERS DO! Too many of us go to church in our big cars and SUV’s on full stomachs and sit next to someone whose stomach is empty. God forbid! We are often the miracle someone needs! You may not think you are rich, but $20 to some people might be a miracle! We spend money on newspapers, coffee, and bagels every morning on our way to work, and some people sleep on the morning paper and eat the left over bagel you threw away because it was not toasted to perfection for you! The 12 disciples wanted to send the 5,000 away, so do most churches in America.
You need to go to the right church on the right day, and you will not have to deal with this.
Ok Bro. Mark, I'm with you on that point. Like you I don't like prosperity preaching because this message will not lead anyone to salvation. I know that God will prosper His people, but we shouldn't preach/teach it as if it was the Gospel. If anything, we should be teaching how to be good stewards over the finances we are blessed with as well as everything else that we receive from the Lord and equally important, to be a blessing to others.
http://abcpreachers.ning.com/group/thecommonwealthofthehouseholdofi...

Check out this group, and join. We tell the truth of the God of the Bible.
Give it a rest Bro. Israel. The Holy Bible is the truth.
Acts 8:14-20 (NIV) When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them. When they arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying of the apostles' hands, he offered them money and said, "Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit." Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money!"
Let me set something straight, I am addicted to the gospel of Christ, Yes Lord!

he maketh us to lie down in green pastures that is a result of the word of God abiding in ones being , and them living it. If you are following the Word of God, HIS word states that HE will supply ALL our needs and our DESIRES.

to me that's "prosperity teaching" and it blesses others because it plants a seed in their heart instead of putting soup in their bowl in a soup kitchen.
It shows them how to get their own kitchen and fix their own soup.

See people in the world get carried away with the prince of the air's networks coming through television, the majority of people do not live the lives we see portrayed on tv, and the majority of ministers called by God do not live as those that are seen on tv as well. We the saints know who the fakers are, and must keep them in prayer.

Years ago at one of my lowest points, I heard Pastor Dollar deliver a message that helped me at that time. I didn't focus on him, I focused on the Word of God that He delivered, God's Word will not go out void.

It and HE is coming soon, God answers prayer! just make sure your ways are pleasing to HIM
Well Watson, Rev. Ike is dead, and God is the judge of the others that your eyes percieve as wicked and we know the scripture about the eyes, with all due respect I choose to hear the Word of God. and don't you call Abba Father a lier!!!!!!

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Proverbs 11:23 The desire of the righteous is only good: but the expectation of the wicked is wrath. Mark, (be careful what you pray, pray for those lost instead of praying for their fall)

Proverbs 24:1 Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.

even from the beginning:

Gen. 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
OK, lets lay this out right now. Bro Watson, and Pastor Mark, I would like the both of you to define the doctrine that you call a Heresy. No more opinions from ANYONE, because they never had a place in it, just the facts from the Bible, complete with scripture references.
Don't hold your breath Trevor, it's not that I don't understand that there are wolves in sheep's clothing... but there is prosperity in the Word of God.

Spiritual, financial, mental,...... everything that we need is in the Word of God!

This is just another heresy hunter list item
Evangelist, I heard a HORRIBLE statement once: "if you want to hide something from a black man, place it in a book"

Its not enough for something to be in the Bible if the people don't know its there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service