To have eternal salvation/ eternal life , Jesus the Christ is the ONLY Way. A person cannot enter Heaven/ New Jeruselm without Jeus the Christ . You must accept Chrsit Jesus as your Lord and saviour. There is a heaven and a hell , and yes everyone will live forever. A person cannot make it to Glory on the prayers promises , and covenants of our fore fathers and mothers. You must have a relationship with Chrsit Jesus for yourself. Time is nigh yesterday is gone , and tomorrow is not promised . all you have is today , this moment in time. In eternaity you will be with Chrsit jesus and paradise, or Burn in the lake of fire and brimestone. I pose the question, if you died right now oh where, oh where will your soul find rest.Jesus the Christ is the ONLY Way. A denominational name, church, synagoge, temple ,hall, etc. can't save you { salvation] You must have Christ Jesus and your name recorded in the Lambs Book of Life. if you went around the great wall of china. you will find buddah and confusehes dead cold and in the grave.. If you went to taj mahal you will hindu ,janism,dead cold and still in the grave. if you went around central park in New york city. You will find sweet daddy grace and father divine dead,cold, and in the grave. if you went to saudia arabia around the Black rock you will find mohamend dead cold and in the grave. YET if you went to jerusalen around a hill called calvary. YOU will find an Empty Tomb, because Chrsit jesus rose from the grave with all power in his hands. Chrsit Jesus sits at the right hand of the father making intercess for whom so ever will. Jesus the Christ is The ONLY WAY

Views: 1473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Zealot x You should take heed to what you just said brother. I am not going to come at you attacking my personal character. If you provide info that is not accurate, I will be bringing the scriptures.

2 Corinthians 10:2-8 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's. For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

2Corinithians 11:3-8 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles. But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things. Have I committed an offence in abasing myself that ye might be exalted, because I have preached to you the gospel of God freely? I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service
"I am not going to come at you attacking my personal character. "

what?

And if you are wrong in your posting of scriptures (out of context) I'll let you know.
Is is really that important for Christians, to know and learn Hebrew?

I don't see it as a problem, because I am sure it can be most helpful in studying the Word, but for those of us who may not choose to study Hebrew, are you insituating that we cannot be saved or deemed righteous before God based on faith and obedience to His Word?

My reason for asking is that I hear alot about references being made to the Hebrew language and people making the assumption that I do not know the Bible because of my lack of knowledge of the Hebrew language.
Pat,

No it isn't true that you do not know the bible because of your lack of knowledge of the Hebrew language. But the bible is a very complex work and some of its beauty simply doesn't show up in English. Also, some of the things that are tied to contention are better understood in their original language. It's about context. If all you know is "shalom" that's fine. But understanding more about the language is just like understanding more about the time period or the geography. Everything you learn helps to reveal the context of everything you read. This simply brings more out then what many readers have seen.

For instance, can you see a Hebrew word pun without Hebrew?

shalom ("peace")
Isaiah 28:1 Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!

Isaiah 28:8-11For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

9Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

You don't need to learn Hebrew, but I am not saying you shouldn't but you don't need to know it. This scripture proves it With a stammering lip and another tongue? He means another language will he speak to this people, and he is talking about the Nation/Church/People of Israel.
I deal with a lot of people who don't understand this and who never see what difference it can make. I didn't say Hezekiah needs to learn the entire Hebrew language. But if you can't discuss the text beyond what it says in English then you're limiting yourself. I think its important to at least have the ability.... the... desire... to look up words (that's why we have bible study tools like the Lexicon/Concordance) and see what they meant independently of the English. These are two different languages and most people simply take for granted that the bible was translated into Old English with its conventions and differences even with the modern English language. So its good to be able to study beyond the level of English. This is something most if not many pastors and all bible scholars understand. So I found it interesting that someone was actually trying to bash me for it.
All I need is the text in front of me. All other people of the household of Israel can study the Bible in any language they wish. I am simply saying that you don't need to deal with other languages to get salvation.
That is exactly my position. It is a shame that so many people are just too lazy or too busy to learn something about how the bible was actually written. It's hard for me to respect the bare minimum effort when it comes to biblical knowledge. This aspect of life is the most important. Why should someone who loves G-d know more about the show "Friends" than they know about G-d's word?

I look forward to further exchanges with you about Hebrew and Greek words and going beyond the Sunday school class level.

shalom
Your arrogant ways let me further know who your father really is Zealot.
Thanks Bro. Watson & ZealotX,

I do have a desire to learn the ancient language, but I find it extremely intimidating. Nevertheless, I will do my best to learn what I am able to grasp.

By the way, ZealotX, I really didn't mean anything personal with my sarcastic humor. So, please accept my apology.

Bro. Hezekiah, Bro. James Pierce, Sis. Newview and a few others have gotten quite use to our comedy act. It really isn't anything personal and certainly no hatred towards anyone.
I will not post scripture out of context.
Bro.Watson, you may have given me a list. Let me search through my notes first and I'll get back to you.

I'm thinking I should start at the beginning with the Hebrew language.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service