Praise the Lord! Giving honor to God the Father, i thank Him for allowing me to see another day to serve someone else. I serve on the nurses guild at my church. We had a funeral today for a young lady who was stricken with cancer at the tender age of 18years old. We comforted the family and served dinner after the service. It is truly a blessing to be in the service of the Lord. After the family left, there was plenty of food left over and nobody wanted to take it. So, as is my usual custom, i took the food to my house. You see, i live in a senior/ disabled apartment building and some of the residents rarely have a home cooked meal. And being the end of the month, some are very low on food. So, i spread the table in the dining room and everyone who wishes can help themselves to dinner! As it says in Luke 14:13-14, " 13 But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.” And i am truly blessed each and every time i do this, not for money or recognition but for the joy of the spirit of hospitality!
God bless and take care!
Evangelist Cookie

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't begin to tell you how much joy i get from it! Blessings, Man of God!
God bless you Sister Cookie,
You are a modern-day Dorcas/Mother Theresa/Sisters of Mercy rolled up into one. And I mean that.
May God bless you indeed!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service