There has arisen an issue concerning the details of the New Covenant that our LORD and Savior YESHUA/JESUS has won for us by HIS blood and grace. Therefore, we are opening this discussion and starting it off for the edifying of the saints and the settling of the matter:

The subjects for this debate are along two lines:

-Jeremiah 31:31 and Hebrews 8: Do we still stand on the Torah?
-the Seal of the New Covenant: Is it still Sabbaths, Feasts, and Circumcision, or do we have a New Seal?

Views: 537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Trevor,

I tell you what. Let us start this debate.. You can defend how you want, and I will defend how I want. I will answer all of your questions, and you will answer mines. Have an OPEN mind, and let it all out on the table. Deal?
DEAL!! Set it off!
Trevor:
You are intentionally AVOIDING my questions basic questions which are essential to understanding the New Covenant. It is obviously because you have no answer. I will repeat: Check all your lexicons and commentarys and give it your best shot:

1) YHWH is making a New Covenant. Who does these text say the New Covenant is made with?

2) What type of laws is this covenant made with?

3) What is the spiritual condition of the world when the New Covenant is in force?
Trevor,

respond to my response concerning 1 cor 7:17-20.
I just did, James.
Trevor,

Duet 6:17,"Be sure to keep the commands of Yehwah your God and the stipulations and decrees he has given you." Every word that comes forth from the mouth of Yehwah, we are to live off of. This is what Yeshuah told the adversary,"It stands written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of Yehwah." Trevor, has this standard changed when Paul came on the scene? Did Paul have a new understanding of what Yeshuah said here?

Yehwah has decreed that we are to keep his commands forever. Yehwah said this also concerning the Sabbath,"Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever(Exodus 16)." The Sabbath has not been done away, because they are to keep it forever. We Gentiles are "grafted in" into this covenant, and we are to adhere to the same Torah,"There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you.”

The rich young man asked Yeshuah what must he do to gain eternal life. Yeshuah's response,"If you would enter life, keep the commandments." It is already established that the Israelites are to continue in the Torah FOREVER. If Torah does not support the done awayness of it, then why would Yeshuah and the Apostles support it?

When I debate you, I will go from the Torah, to the Prophets, and then to The New Testament. You will get the full picture. This is your taste of what is to come.. the truth! Do you want to know the criteria of entrance into the holy city? Rev 22:14,"Blessed are those who do His commandments,[a] that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city."
1) We know that GOD the FATHER and the LORD JESUS CHRIST are extremely specific about their words. If HE says two or three, He means two or three, unless speaking in parables. When you mentioned the rich young man (Mark 10), you forgot to mention that JESUS mentioned only a few of the commandments, and Sabbaths was not one of them. Mind you, HE did not speak in any parable at all.

2) Paul does not come in with a whole set of his own laws at all, nor does he come in with his own interpretation. None of the Apostles do! They do not, however come in declaring once again the Law of Moses and enforcing that old covenant at all. They bring in the Law of CHRIST and enforce the new covenant. Sabbath observance is not enforced anywhere in their epistles or the Book of Acts.
Trevor,

Yehwah is specific about His words, which we are to live by, and Yeshuah is specific about obedience to His father's words, which we are to live by.

It is clear that since Yehwah has spoken in the Torah that his Torah will be observed forever, then its logical to say that Yeshuah was speaking to this young ruler on the "to name a few" basis." I have to ask you, what is the Torah of Yeshuah apart from the Torah of His father?
Your comments make no sense, because you regard one portion of Torah over the others. What I mean is this: Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers & Deuteronomy are regard and spoken of by you, but you have neglected Genesis this whole time! Both Jews and Christians understand that all of OT can be summarized and found within Genesis, but you have yet to see the righteousness of a time by Mt. Sinai, even a time before the circumcisions of Abraham and Ismael, which is the time of Eden. Edenic righteousness IS THE BEGINNING OF TORAH and not one of the laws given on Sinai were given in Eden, yet it was a perfect land!

This is the portion of Torah that GOD is bringing us back to, not Mt. Sinai's laws.
Trevor,

I address the 4 books other than Genesis because Exodus through Duet is where Yehwah actually GIVES the Torah. Genesis is actually storied up with "some of the Torah" in its pages. We can talk about Genesis, but that will not prove your stance of,"we shall return to eden's days." I'd like for you to prove that using Torah & Prophets, and Yeshuah's words, and also the Epistles.
How about looking at the last two chapters of the Book of Revelation? If I'm not mistaken, the description looks alot like a modified Eden.
Trevor,

Look at Rev 22:14 ;)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service