There has arisen an issue concerning the details of the New Covenant that our LORD and Savior YESHUA/JESUS has won for us by HIS blood and grace. Therefore, we are opening this discussion and starting it off for the edifying of the saints and the settling of the matter:

The subjects for this debate are along two lines:

-Jeremiah 31:31 and Hebrews 8: Do we still stand on the Torah?
-the Seal of the New Covenant: Is it still Sabbaths, Feasts, and Circumcision, or do we have a New Seal?

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sure I can! I never said that I disagree with Torah. If you ever try to say that I said such, you are truly a liar and not a drop of the truth is in you. In fact, as I recall, you asked me a similar question to this before. Paul never said anything about old covenant vs new covenant, he just said he believes all the scriptures. Paul agreed with all of Torah & Prophets, and so do I. Any and all true Christians respect the O.T. and the old covenant. The fact of the matter is, the beginning of the new covenant means to end of the old covenant. This is something that you cannot understand nor respect.

Now that I answered yours, are you going to answer mine?
Trevor,

You did not answer question one concerning Paul. I need you to answer that question. Im not going anywhere until you answer that question concerning Paul. Paul said he believes everything that AGREES with the Torah and Prophets. You stated many times that Paul has taught against the Sabbath, dietary laws, feast days, etc. And so I ask the question again. Let me post it again.......

Why would Paul only believe what agrees with the Torah & Prophets, and then turn around and disbelieve with what agrees with the Torah & Prophets????

Second, you did not answer my question concerning YOU modeling the TORAH walk of Yashah. The author of 1 John specifically said that those who claim to abide in HIM, as you claim it Trevor, must walk AS HE WALKED. Yashah kept Torah, Trevor. So, I post again.. I want HONEST answers.. NOT EGO answers.

Yashah walked in the ways of Torah, right Trevor? Are you walking like Messiah Yashah.... In Torah?

TREVOR, ADDRESS THESE QUESTIONS SEPARATELY, AND THOUROUGHLY. UNTIL YOU DO, WE ARE NOT MOVING FORWARD. THANK YOU.

Shalom
James, I never answered out of ego, but always out of honesty. It was your ego that rejected my questions. It was your ego that has led you to even leave comments against me in OTHER BLOG POSTS! Watch your mouth to me sir, because you are already proving to be a hypocrite.

Let me address the two questions again since you missed it:

Question: Why would Paul only believe what agrees with the Torah & Prophets, and then turn around and disbelieve with what agrees with the Torah & Prophets????

Answer: "Paul never said anything about old covenant vs new covenant, he just said he believes all the scriptures.........The fact of the matter is, the beginning of the new covenant means to end of the old covenant. This is something that you cannot understand nor respect."

Question: The author of 1 John specifically said that those who claim to abide in HIM, as you claim it Trevor, must walk AS HE WALKED. Yashah kept Torah, Trevor. So, I post again....Yashah walked in the ways of Torah, right Trevor? Are you walking like Messiah Yashah.... In Torah?

Answer: I said "Paul agreed with all of Torah & Prophets, and so do I. Any and all true Christians respect the O.T. and the old covenant." The Apostles taught that we are to produce the fruit of the Spirit. This is impossible i you do not have the Spirit of GOD to begin with. Apostle John said this:

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." -1 John 3:18-24

He didn't mention Sabbaths, or new moons, or circumcision as fulfilling the commandments of JESUS Christ. He basically said that the keeping of the commandment of JESUS is to deal well with your fellow brother. When asked by the rick young ruler, you are right for saying that CHRIST mentioned the commandments of the Torah, but you missed something: Being that our Creator is a specific being, HE will speak specifically, not in general. When HE raised Lazarus, HE specifically called Lazarus. When HE created Heaven and Earth, HE did it systematically and specifically. So why would HE start speaking in general when approached by a person for the most important question of HIS life? He didn'T answer in general, HE gave specific things for the keys to eternal life, and Sabbaths, circumsion, Feasts, and the like were not among them! He clearly said:

"Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. "- Mark 10:19-21

He didn't say "continue to keep the Sabbath, & eat certain foods"! Your relationship with GOD is depicted not by what day you worship, or what food you eat, but how you deal with those who created in the image of GOD:

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. " - Isaiah 61:1-3

"Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.......And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offense of the cross ceased. I would they were even cut off which trouble you. For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." - Galatians 5:2-6,11-26

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also." - 1st John 4:17-21

Again, there is no mention of Sabbaths, circumcision, and the like. Christ always said that LOVE fulfilled the Law of Moses, not Sabbaths or feasts or anything like that! This transcends Torah in a unique way, for HE gave a commandment that is higher than the Law of Moses, and deeper. If you fulfill this, you have fulfilled all the love commandments:

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. " - John 13:34-35

You are not known to be a disciple of Christ if you are circumcised, or if you keep Sabbaths, you are know to be a disciple of Moses. A disciple of Christ loves people like Christ loves them. Law of Moses declares that we love each other as we love our selves. James, I wouldn't want you to love me like you love yourself, because I have to question how much you truly love yourself. What if you're suicidal? What if you have an eating disorder? What if you inflict pain on yourself for past sins? Do I want that? Would you want me to love you like that? Or would you want me to love you like Christ loves me and you? The choice is yours: Law of Moses, or Law of Christ. I made my choice, and it seems that you're bringing me hate for it.

Now that I have answered all of your questions separately and thoroughly, time to answer mine. Don't play games and say "you didn't answer it" please..........
Trevor,

You still have not answered the above questions truthfully, because you still turn around and dismiss the Torah while saying you agree with it, and that Paul agrees with it. If Paul said he believes what agrees with the Tanakh, then why would he believe that the new covenant, which decrees the Torah, actually ENDS the Torah. Open your blind eyes, Trevor, and see the light of Yashah. You didnt ask the question about Messiah. It says you should WALK AS YASHAH WALKED. He KEPT HIS FATHER'S TORAH. When will YOU set your heart to keep Torah.
I already answered the questions James. Don't play games here. They were clear cut honest answers. Just because you don't respect them does not mean that they weren't honest.
Trevor,

Wow, a 5th grader could grade the above answer and tell that you are not being truthful. And I know why? It is because of your blind eyes, and unwillingness to see the truth concerning Torah.
Amen, Sis. Ivy! This is the new covenant in CHRIST JESUS, sealed with the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT. JESUS took the love a step further for us, and showed us to not love one another as we love ourselves, but love one another as CHRIST loves us. I wouldn't want you to love me like you love yourself, because I have to question how much you truly love yourself. What if you're suicidal? What if you have an eating disorder? What if you inflict pain on yourself for past sins? Do I want that? Would you want me to love you like that? Or would you want me to love you like Christ loves me and you? Even if you love yourself, what is good for you may not be good for me necessarily. CHRIST knows all that we need and loves us accordingly. We are to do the same.
Ivy,

The Torah is decreed in the new covenant(Jeremiah 31:31-34 & Hebrews 8:8-12). Christianity is lawless. If a people does not have rules and regulations, then how are they to conduct themselves? You think you could just do what you want in a relationship with Yehwah? Of course not, sister. You are commanded to keep Torah in this relationship, and walk as Messiah walked.... in the Torah. Ivy, if you claim to walk in Yashah, then you have a big connection to Torah keeping, otherwise you are not a real follower of Messiah. Whoever said you must be ethnically Hebrew to keep Torah?

You must not have read the Torah where it said even Gentiles who attach themselves to Hebrews must keep the Torah(Exodus 12:49). You must not have read the Prophet Isaiah when he said that Torah WILL BE the government of the new heaven and the new earth. You must not have read Yashah in Matt 7:21-23 when He will put away those who DID NOT keep the Torah. Ivy, do not be lead by Trevor into eternal darkness. Stay away from that, and repent, walking in the light of Messiah!
The thing is Hebrews 8:8 does not say that GOD found fault with the people, it just says "them". The them that is spoken is the old covenant mentioned in previous verses. The people were not mentioned previously, just the covenant. This goes clearly with verse 13.
"Take eat, this is my Body which was broken for you; DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME". This was the only thing that was to celebrate what GOD has done for us by way of the cross. The other feasts speak of what GOD did for O.T. Israel.

The way you crossed out the word grace is the exact way you preach, False Prophet. Typical........
1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,"

If this is true, then why would I need rules and regulations to not kill my brother if I have the mind of CHRISt? Did CHRIST do such against people? If not, then the law don't apply to Him! Likewise the law does not apply to a person who walks according to the Spirit. This was stated by Paul, but you literally reject it. Paul said in Galatians 5:18 "But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law." Was he lying and blind when he said or is this true?!??

Dodging this questions means denying this scripture James.......
Trevor,

If Paul actually meant what you think he means in Gal 5:18, then he could not have said he believes what AGREES WITH TORAH. You are twisting Paul's words to your own destruction. Paul must have bipolar? You put your foot in your own mouth.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service