Sex ( Why are Christians afraid to have honest discussions about it?)

Sex, historically has been a bad word in the body of Christ, I mean from the stand point of having real, honest and open conversation about it from a biblical, emotional, sensual and natural point of view. However, christians, including pastors seemingly have more problems with sex than those who practice sin as a lifestyle. We who are called to uphold a standard for the world have just as many if not more problems around sexual issues than the world.

We MUST have deeper, wiser and more real discussion, teaching and preaching concerning this issue so that people will be well informed so that each of us can make decisions that help us to marry partners that have the same sexual desires, appetite and inclination as long as they remain within a frame that God can honor. God does not want us to have frigid sexual relationships with a spouse but He also doesn't want an anything goes sexual relationships. He wants us to have balance yet more freedoms than the church has been willing to discuss. Hopefully this will decrease the number of divorces in the church.
+ What do you think?

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when was the last time, you sensed the very presence of GOD in your bedroom during an intimate/sexual encounter with your spouse?

Bishop, that is an interesting statement, I was taught that the marriage bed is undefiled, ok, but that the flesh has nothing to do with the Spiritual, that God has given us, man, this time of intimacy to enjoy one another without inhibitions to minister to one another's fleshly desires.

So I..... and help me now (lol) can't perceive the presence of God in my bedroom during those moments. It would be like in the natural, my natural father being in the room. ?????????????? help me now!!!!!!!!!
YOU SPEAK ABSOLUTE DIVINE REVELATORY TRUTH, AND AN AWARENESS OF HIS OMNIPRESENCE SHOULD MAKE IT EASIER TO SENSE AND ESTABLISH BOUNDARIES, BECAUSE THERE IS SUCH A FINE LINE BETWEEN WHAT'S ACCEPTABLE AND PERVERSION. EVEN THOUGH THE "MARRIAGE BED", ITSELF MAY BE "UNDEFILED", THE FLESH WE LIVE IN IS NOT.
I know in the ministry I attend we do have small groups that deal with Sexual Addiction because it is realer than drugs, anger and most commonly known addiction. I think a lot of churches stay away from it because of feeling it may be only a guy thing but I know women who struggle with it just the same.
Enjoyed your video. If you get a chance check out mine and tell me what you think:
Besides parents bringing up their children in the admonition of the Lord - which is not being done very often, by very many people, there are also the general instructions to, and the responsibility of, the elders among the assembly (both men and women). See Titus 2.

Implied in the contents of the chapter is the inclusion of providing instructions (advice, guidance) on how a man and a woman are to live together as husband and wife. Also, in the day of the N.T., there was a period of about one year of betrothal (while “legally” married, the couple was not allowed to live together or consummate the marriage).

During this period the parents of the couple, along with the elders of the asembly, instructed the couple in the duties, responsibilities, rights and privileges of being married: What was expected and what was allowed from each of them in their relationship. This was done on both an individual and group bases. How many know that it was the duty of the "best man" to “listen in” at the bedroom door and announce to the assemblied marriage party when the marriage was consummated? Then, it was the duty of the husband to come out of the bedchamber and display the bedding, to the assembly, to show proof of the wife’s virginity. We have lost that close community (social, spiritual) relationship, so now it is what do the other kids share – from what they have over heard, seen through the key hole, or on TV or on the Internet.
Now Bro Bowman, I did realize all that and I thanked God that in Christ Jesus, that no one had to be listening at the door and my husband remained in our bedchamber singing ALL NIGHT LONG

but I do understand your point
FRENCH KISSING (or something to do with lips)
Solomon's Song 4:11, 7:9 "Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon...And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak."
INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE
Solomon's Song 1:5, 5:10 "I am black, but comely...", "My beloved is white and ruddy..."
INCEST
Leviticus 18:6-18 Detailing of incestuous relationships

Leviticus 20:11,12 More about incest and nakedness
MASTURBATION
Genesis 38:8-10 "And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also."

1 Thessalonians 4:4,5 "That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:"
IMPOTENCE
I Kings 1:1-4 "Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat. Wherefore his servants said unto him, Let there be sought for my lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my lord the king may get heat. So they sought for a fair damsel throughout all the coasts of Israel, and found Abishag a Shunammite, and brought her to the king. And the damsel was very fair, and cherished the king, and ministered to him: but the king knew her not."
MURDER FOR SEX
II Samuel 11:14 "And it came to pass in the morning that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah. And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die. And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant men were. And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittite died also." SEE ALSO ADULTERY, VOYEURISM
NECROPHILIA
Leviticus 21:11 "Neither shall he go in to any dead body, nor defile himself for his father, or for his mother..."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service