Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"can anyone picture Christ receiving a paycheck? Or driving a Beamer, Or giving a sermon, and then tellin the people to "please put a little extra in the offering plate today? ....No you can't, because it's not in you...not from the spirit and you know it! Picture this, Christ raising Lazarus, everyones astounded...and then he says - Ok, before I go, let us take up a collection for the greatness of Gods miracles on this house today. No...you can't right...cause it's not of the spirit...anyway you wanna look at it...If your a true child of God you feel "convicted'...and that - is of the spirit!
Mrs Blake writes~"
"can anyone picture Christ receiving a paycheck? Or driving a Beamer, Or giving a sermon, and then tellin the people to "please put a little extra in the offering plate today? ....No you can't, because it's not in you...not from the spirit and you know it!

I would bet he would have been a little more humble in his surroundings ...

As you so eloquently put it....~"No you can't, because it's not in you...not from the spirit and you know it! "
Mrs Blake~ You are right on the edge of thought manifestation with that one~ Truth recognizes itself ...The kingdom of YHVH is within...all we need to do is unlock the treasure in the earthen vessel ...and YHVH will show us the Vestibule of heavens greatness...through you to this sick and dying humanity.... Shalom Aleichem.. ShekinahLife.com
EXACTLY
these mega churches aren't built to reach more PEOPLE, they're built to reach more people's WALLETS..
I chose to put all my trust in the God that I serve. It is God that makes provision for me so I do not leave that to man. I preach for free. I don't have to fly on a private jet, I don't need to stay at the most expensive hotel. I do not need to travel with the FBI entourage. I come and do as the Lord has directed me to do. If you give a offering fine if not I am just as fine Because my trust is in the Lord and He has always provided and I have never been left lacking any good thing. I have been a Evangelist since 1999 and I have yet to name a fee or honorarium for something that does not belong to me. It is not my gift It belongs to the Lord and I will use it for the building of His Kingdom. Sadly enough I do believe we are prostituting God's Word for money. We need to preach truth and that is God is LOVE but He is also WRATH.
We as the body of Christ better wake up. "O Who has bewitched you O foolish Galatians, that you should not obey the truth?" Galatians 3:1A Romans 1:25 "Who exchanged the truth of God for a lie! and worshiped the creation instead of the Creator? Who is guilty? We the body of Christ are all guilty! Romans 2:16 tells us that God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to the Gospel. Romans also says in 2:21 that we teach each other but do not teach ourselves, we preach that a man should not steal, yet we steal. We say don't commit adultery yet we commit adultery, You who abhor idols and rob temples. You who boast in the law and dishonor God by breaking the law. The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you, as it it written. God will judge all and if we have not acted according to His word we will have blood on our hands for all those that we have lead astray and for all those who have been wounded, hurt, rob, deceived in the house of God where they came to be healed. As we move into end times I pray that preachers all over will see the light and preach Gods Word for FREE!!! God will PROVIDE if you TRUST HIM !!!
If we pay the janitor, or the landscaper how much more the man/woman of GOD- can you put a price on the individual who leads your family to salvation, who lays on his face at 3:00am in the morning in intercessory prayer to hold back the demonic powers that are trying to crash against your life, teach you principles from the HOLY WORD that build you up and transform your life? SCRIPTURE - ACTS 6:2-4 also 1Cor. 9:9-14. The Honor you give is the Honor you can recieve. REMEMBER - GOD PROVIDES FOR HIS PEOPLE THROUGH HIS PEOPLE. follow me on Twitter @ApostleRick
Sounds like a common poor Hasidim to me...they study for a lifetime and then go about doing good.

Except for that salvation dogma,... that is Romes alone..we never did use that term,... It has always been Guelah = Redemption:

That is all there is folks.

Teshuvah Return to G-d..and Tzedakah...Charity...Pious benevolent charity from one to another.

But then that is community, that is our culture:and that is the way it has been for thousands of years.....Only the fraudulent misconstruction story of Rome offers you something different from what a first century Rabbi taught to the Gentiles and to Israel as one unit,.. as Shema Israel:Deut 6:v4-9 ]
ShekinahLife-WavingRabbi
John presents Christ as the Son of God—OUR LIFE! As our Life, He pours Himself as the NEW WINE into empty human vessels. He is our true enjoyment—the One Who fills us; Who changes the “water into wine” (the transforming power of His Life) to create, through His Divine Life, His “Ultimate Intention” – THE BRIDE OF CHRIST! In John’s first miraculous accounting, performed by the Son of God, He immediately sets forth why He has come to the earth as our Life—the setting is altogether too clear: His Life will “bring forth” the Bride of Christ—He is our Bridegroom——we are that Bride! those who are elect from before the foundation of the world...

BUT—John immediately brings us to the Temple and the money changers? Why? Because, although He is preparing- a Bride, there is a huge problem—the Temple of God (which, again, is a type of God’s “Ultimate Intention” and/or a picture of His Habitation (II Corinthians 6:16)) is abused and has become a “den of thieves” – IT MUST BE PURGED! For the Son of God, Who has revealed in John’s Gospel His desire for a Bride—must “cleanse” His Temple and make it a “house of prayer for all peoples.”

FALSE PROPHETS MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU!
The unsuspecting members of the Jewish Diaspora scattered throughout the Roman World came to Jerusalem to offer their sacrifice. They entered the Temple of Jesus’ time and were provided a “much-needed” service in the conversion of their foreign currency into shekels, in order to purchase their particular sacrifice (be it a dove, etc.). Eventually, however, these “services” evolved into nothing more than ripping off the people of God—“a den of thieves.” The Apostle Peter speaks of these very same thieves in the Church who afflicted the Church of Christ.

“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily (“privately” or “secretly”) shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken EVER HEAR SOMEONE SAY ALL THESE CHURCHES WANT IS MONEY IM NOT GOING ANYMORE THEIR NOTHING BUT PIMPS?. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words (Lit., “well-turned words” – i.e., “spin”) OR TWISTED WORDS..LIKE MALACHI )... MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU; whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not” (II Peter 2:1-3)
GB
Was Jesus paid to preach? Was Jesus wealthy with the best clothing and cars and jewelry? these who try and live this way are following the world and living for the world this is the same temptation Satan tried with Jesus,bow down and worship me and i will give you all these things of the world and the kingdom...
The Scripture is clear that christians are responsible for taking care of those in the body of Christ, the same as the poor, the widow and the homeless. In the end all peoples motives will be revealed - as the first century Pharisee, Gamaliel wisely observed you may be "fighting against GOD". (ACTS 5:38,39) follow on Twitter @ApostleRick
Mr Kenny writes~........................
Gamaliel was wisely using the Torah and Talmud and the Received traditions ( Kaballah) as his position of wisdom to encourage the other Talmidim that to fight against the will of Ha'Shem is outright foolishness.
But to follow useless fables handed down from Rome that can clearly be disputed as a false doctrine by their own words and given permission to see that information by no less than Pope John Paul of the Vatican to explore the historical archives of the Ecol Biblique in J-Lem... Rips it all apart. But they like a Billion people bowing down to Idolatry every generation
Rome once ruled with a sword now with religion: ........and even Her Daughters of Protestant linage also violate the Marital Covenant first established at the Mountain . The Only reason you folks follow these doctrines of Rome is because your people are afraid to Go up the Mountain for yourselves....[see Deut 5:v5]

Now the Marriage from Adonai to all of the Children Israel is witnessed by no less than 600,000 souls or in Xian terms..about two and a half million souls who stood at the base of Mt Sinai and accepted the proposal and Marriage of G-d to all of Israel...( and the stranger among them)

.Klal Israel areviem zeh bazeh = All Israel is responsible for one another- That is community 101

Personally at the end of the day,...My sugesstion Follow the sages of Israel...No one yet has risen to fix this world If they did why were you taken into slavery and then loose memory during 240 years of your heritage ( six-generations)...and Totally forget the Diaspora you were forced into.

Simply because you were once Torah observant Hebrew-Yemenite/ Jews just like your Rabbi of choice Yeshua/J-sus. was a Torah observant ...well for the most part in the story)
The Torah is clear first and foremost.
Re-read it with clarity and no idolatry of heart and you will see what I mean,...with understanding in order for your instruction to be complete:

I strongly suggest you get a copy of the ~Ethics of the Fathers- Perkei Avos ~I(Artscroll Mesorah Series)~It shows the time-line of the Notables(Sages and mighty men) receiving the Torah ..then passing it to the next generation of Pious Sages of Israel...A Line of secession [if you will allow that analogy].
http://shekinahlife.com/jewish-persecution.html Psst Gamaliel was the grandson, of Hillel the Elder of Israel,... most likely Yeshua's teacher of choice as the wording and doctrine used by him are first attributed to Rav. Hillel and past that to Rabbi-Akiva who had 24,000 disciples in Yerushalayim
Carol,
I apologize if you think that I was directing anything towards you. My points seem to have been misunderstood. The original issue was the basis for paying pastors for there devotion and total dedication to ministry 24/7. This does not include fakes, frauds or imposters. There seems to be a consensus that there is a lack of sincerity in the pulpit, of which I do not deny. However, there are anointed people in ministry whom GOD provides for, but it has to be done through human beings (saved or not). With that being said I am in favor of not only blessing the pastor but giving him/her a salary as well. I think it's the right thing to do. I support my pastor and church financially, as I do other ministries worldwide. I believe that is MY christian responsibility. Every person is FREE to do whatever they feel the LORD is leading them to do. My referance to ACTS was not one of a Pharisaic position, but that we should examine our ways to insure that they are from GOD and not from a carnal minded supposition. Peace to all Glory to GOD!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service