Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am asking all that responded to this topic to call in and lets talk about it. This will take place on Wednesday, February 18th at 9:00 PM (PST). We look forward to hearing and chatting with you. The call in number is (646) 200-4221.
On Blog talk radio. You can call in and discuss this manner and others that are on your mind.

This is the link to the site. Talk to all of you tonight.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TRUTHH-Ministries--/2009/02/19/TRUTHH-...

God Bless
God be the Glory
God Bless you pastor Nichols it is a blessing to see God working in you ministry. I believe that God can do anything but fail.
When you other Pastor that had walked the walk that makes the difference. I will be keeping n touch with u and your ministry that Lord has blessed u with.
God Bless
I would like to talk to u tonight on the air. You can call in a 646-200-4221.
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU IF YOU WANT TO GET( CHURCH FOLK) STURRED UP TALK ABOUT MONEY OR SEX.I AGREE THAT A PASTOR SHOULD GET A SALARY .SOME PASTOR'S HAVE SACRIFICED THEIR ON MONEY AND FAMILY TIME,PAYING RENT,ELETRIC BILLS,OTHER PEOPLES RENT AND CAR NOTES ETC.WHEN A PASTORS FAIL TO TEACH THE SAINTS TO GIVE THEY ROB THEM OF THEIR BLESSINGS FROM GOD.SOME PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH PASTOR GETTING A SALARY,BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LATE NIGHT CALLS FOR PRAYER,JAIL HOUSE VISITS TO MEMBERS FAMILY WHO DON'T EVEN COME TO CHURCH.PREACHING FUNERAL OF PEOPLE THAT DIDN'T WANT COME TO CHURCH UNTIL THE MORTICAN BROUHGT THE BODY.IF THE CHUCH CAN AFFORD TO PAY THE PREACHER THEN PAY HIM GOD BLESS ALLTHE PASTOR THAT LABOR IN HIS VINEYARD.
Please tell me what the Pastors job is by the word not your opinons.I give to ministries for the sake of minstering.Who is Passa Is he God?Should I give to God?(yes) Should give to man? (yes)Should the Pastor have a job (yes).Half of you on here say you do do full time ministry.You say full time I say half time.8hrs is not full time ministry.Call a spade a spade.How many of you can be reached at all times of the day and night? The Church is not required to pay you a salary I don't care if they can afford it or not.There is no scripture in the Bible that will support this theory (none).You are supposed to pray for the sick.Read this Jesus read this Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.Does it say that Jesus recieved a salary for this message? (No) Some of you need to walk on the corner and get a cardboard sign thats says "WILL PREACH FOR PAY".You are a shepherd for God.
Work like a shepherd,stop trying to make the church your cross it isn't.
PASTOR EDWARDS, YOU APPEAR TO BE A HUMBLE MAN OF THE CLOTH. YOUR LABOR FOR GOD'S PEOPLE IS GENUINE, SO CALLED CHURCH FOLKS WILL UNDERSTAND SOMEDAY THAT THE ANNOINTING THAT YOU PASTORS HAVE WILL OVERFLOW ON TO THEM WHEN THEY LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF THE MAN OF GOD. OH I PROMISE YOU IN ALL THAT YOU DO FOR GOD WILL PAYOFF. (FOR THE NARROW MINDED FOLKS I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT JUST MONETARY) PASTOR KEEP ON TAKING CARE OF OUR FATHERS BUSINESS.
MAY THE LORD RICHLY BLESS YOUR FAMILY & MINISTRY
Jesus died for our sins free....I think any man in this position should seek God's face as to weather God wants him to preach for free.....
1st Corinthians chapter 9
Priest and Pastors are not in the same offices.If you are a pastor you can have a job outside of the church.Preaching is not a job its a ministry.This is a big problem with fellowships now.Why should I pay you for what the Lord called you to do.The Priest were Levites, they were born into service of a because of their lineage.Pastors are called to preach.You don't have to go to school to preach,going to school is a choice that the indivdual makes.We try to make Pastors into priest but noone can use the word of God to say something that it doesn't. A Pastors is a layperson having spiritual charge over a person or group or a shepherd. A Priest has certain duties. If the person that wants to get paid like a priest does what a priest does then he deserves to paid by the Jews.
ON THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS IS NO ONE IS HOLDING A GUN TO ANYONES HEAD MAKING THEM GIVE PASTORING IS NOT AN EASY JOB.I'M AN ASST.PASTOR WITH MANY DUTIES IN MINISTRY AND I WORK 40HRS.+ I MINISTER 2 WED.NITES AND 2 SUNDAY SERVICES A MONTH.PLUS 3 CHILDREN AND A WIFE WHO WORKS NIGHTS.MY PLATE IS QUIT FULL THANK GOD HE IS KEEPING ME.IT'S A JOB BEING IN FULL TIME MINISTRY.WE PAY ELECTED OFFICALS AND DON'T GET HALF THE THE SERVICE WE GET FROM OUR PASTORS.
Now you said a mouth full right there.Again I say no one can really be judge until they have filled those shoes.
This is not a job,I'll add more to it before I take it back.If Pastors would do only what God told them to do in the Bible it would be much easier.1.Read the Word of God and what it says about preaching.2.Stop adding things that it doesn't say.3 Read and tell the people that pastors are not priest.What if we only did the things that God said to do? Some of the problem is that some of you expect to get paid. Pastoring is ministry.24hrs in season and out of season.We should preach the Gospel not entertain but preach not sing the Gospel but preach.I know we do alot of stuff in our fellowships but the most important part is the word of the Gospel.The Old Testament should lead to the life, death,burial,ressurection,returning of Jesus. Should you get paid for what God told you to do?Did God tell you to pastor?Did he pay Paul a salary?Where do we get this stuff from.Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever more.Did Jesus get a salary from the 70 or from the Disciples?If he did show it to me in the Word. Please don't come to me with a revelation that you said came from God because if it doesn't line up with the Word of God it is false.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service