Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First of all a pastor should make sure he/she knows they have been called to the ministry. On our DVD Understanding Church Growth (www.ChurchGrowthDVD.com) we speak about that in detail..you will be shocked at what you will learn..

Bro. Steve
does the negro preacher have anything for free like our Messiyah ? The Negro in America should know that this religion CHRISTIANITY is spoken of by Moshe in Deut 28:64....wood and stone.The Scriptures promotes Nazarites, not christianity.
I think a Pastor should get paid for preaching and teach the word of God because Jesus don't muzzle at the thress but just pay what is due him yes they should get paid Pastor and Assistant to because they are doing a work for the Lord
Would you walk away if the people couldn't afford to pay you but needed a pastor?
I just wanted to jump in on this one I'm a Senior Pastor in The Lord's Church where my Husband is the Overseer and We don't get Paid a dollar to preach the Gospel but God supplies all our needs there are many Christians that don't have money but they Love the Lord and we owe it to them as Pastors to feed them the word of God even if they are broke.

We walk in faith and not by sight everyone don't have a lot of money
I believe that our reward is in God's hand, There are times when a pastor is worthy of his hire, and there are times when he is not. It is good for a pastor to receive of the peoples carnal if they have reaped of his spiritual. But if the congregation which he has been given charge over are not being edified, builded up, if they are not prospering in their way, and if they are not being equipped for ministry being throughly furnished unto good works, then he is not worthy of his hire. It is not fitting for the church when the only person in the house being blessed is the pastor. It is fitting however that the pastor should prosper only as the church prospers. Personally I do not take a salary, not by commandment, but by choice. I do what I do for love (the love of the people, and the love of God who sent me). There is no sin if a pastor is paid for his labor; and there is no sin if he chooses not to be. But let every man look unto our Father who is in heaven, for He is the true rewarder of our deeds, whether they be good, or whether they be evil.
The Bible says FREELY ye RECEIVE, freely Give..
Hi Lorenzo!!!You know what this really blows my mind anytime i read guiness book of world record; finding out that Steve Jobs of Apple Computers(Machintosh) makes only i mean ONLY one US dollar ($1.00) per annum as his salary.
Tell me which Church pastor not even me have been able to swallow so much courage to give up my earnings. Putting a twist into your Question i'll rather ask which pastor has been able to beat Steve Job's record? God bless you.
WOW. Did you read the rest. When Steve Jobs was re-hired back with the purchase of NeXT in 1997. The stock that he own made him 20 million or more. Apple got NeXT for 429 million. So that 1.00 is on the books, but he does make more through his STOCKS.
Yes they should because the bible say's upon this rock I shall build my church and the gates of hell shall prevail against it.
Sylvia,
The gates of hell shall NOT prevail against it. Anyways, what does that have to do with getting paid to preach. Did Jesus and the apostles get paid. Should a pastor walk away, if he doesn't get paid?
YE WILL NOT SURELY STARVE IF YOU TRUST IN THE LORD. RIGHT?

John 10:12-13

12. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service