Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes I would, because I have the faith to know that if I'm in the will of my Father and OBEYING what He has called me to do, He Will and He does supply all of my needs! To God Be The Glory!
True Men and Women of God will make sure the Man or Woman of God is Taken Care of!
Depends on whethor or not the church is in a position to pay him. When he assumes the pastorate whether starting from scratch or taking over another ministry he should know walking in the door what type of financial shape the church is in. My is a pastor and growing up he refused to take church money and the family suffered. But then you have some that think the church is their personal bank account. If the church will not suffer in no way behind paying him they should. If not money offer some sort of benefit. There is a business side of the church that the average christian can't handle this why very few churches hold public business meetings. My home church still do it, the first friday of every month. How much come in and how much go out and who it goes out to. If your ministry is to the point that it requires alot more time than you can give it working a normal job, is another indicator that he needs to be on the pay roll. We have no problems paying musicians and the no one calls the msician at 2am needng prayer, or wants him to cover over to counsel family members. I pastor and i'm in the military the ministry at this point does not require to give up my job. In fact, sometimes It is my check that finances the ministry as it should be. When the time comes, if ever I will do ministry full time and the pay will be balanced between what I need not want, how much can the church afford, and can the ministry still have extra to do other things with.
It's not about refusing money, it's more about Pastors, Ministers making demands for a certain amounts.
Where in the Bible does it say a man or woman of God should charge all these high prices that will cover my household bills for an entire year, off one speaking engagement. Needless to say how much money or demand are placed on members to pay a Pastor to led a flock.
We focus too much on money and not on the Word of God. It' not about The Pastor who has a Private Plane or Mega Church with Seven different cars to drive, it's about Souls being Saved and the Pastor who is trying to help save them; that needs to walk the walk they are teaching the people of God about. We want to preach The Word of God and get rich and still go to hell.
THANK YOU PROPHETESS, I LOVE YOUR CONTRIBUTION, ITS ONE OF THE BEST ANSWERS GIVEN SO FAR. THEY ARE PEDDLING THE WORD OF GOD, AS PAUL PUTS IT-THE MAJORITY!
This is why the Bible says that many are called , but few are chosen. We should not want to use the Man and Woman of God for free, they are worthy of their Hire.
All that stuff about wars and killing, who said anything about that? ?? You got me lost with that statement.
Mr. DJ writes:"We walk by faith,and not by sight; so let faith speak!"
What does that mean? faith is Emet...but more-so Emunah.
To a Jew Sage it would simply mean ~Emunah ~=Faith and faithfulness"..To be in agreement with the Ketubah delivered at HasSinai..if not, then you are not the Bride Israel ~ Period.
I would do whatever God has called me to do without expecting compensation from men. I have never lacked for anything when I am in the Lord's service.
" I would do whatever God has called me to do without expecting compensation from men..."

Thats beautiful and should be commended.
Greetings in the name of Jesus,

I have read some of the posting but not all. so please forgive if I repeat anything someelse has said.
I will not give a long answer but to those who want book, chapter and verse:

Turn to Galatians 6:6 (powerful verse of scripture)

6v Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7v Be not deceived, God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soeth that shal he also reap.

Communicate is a two way transaction or transmission.
The v7 breaks it down as Soweth and Reap.

Not just words of encouragement but also financial support. Remember money is a tool we all need to operate
in the earth.

Now I was breif in my answer because I challenge you who do not beleive that anyone in the five fold ministry
should not receive financial support, to study it out for yourself instead of appliying your own thoughts.
If you study correctly these verses will lead you to a lot of different verses.

Of Course other situations come into play like if the church can afford it but if you have a man or woman of God
who loves God and the people he is placed over. It will straighten up as long as folks are willing to be taught
and apply what is learned.

In Christ
Pasrtor R. Phillips Sr.
Mr. Phillips writes:"Turn to Galatians 6:6 (powerful verse of scripture)

6v Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7v Be not deceived, God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soeth that shal he also reap.
OK. Lets take that for what it really:~Let him who is taught in the Torah..to communicate unto him that teacheth all good things

Yeshua stated He was NOT Good only YHVH/Elohim was good/Tov

So who is the That teacheth?~~ is it not the Holy Ghost / Ruach ha'kodosh~that guides you into all truth/Emet?

Ah we have a misconstruction...it seems.

And truly G-d is not mocked we better have the right Oil

oh that is right That Oil is the infilling of Torah until it becomes seamless within you...until you are a wellspring overflowing... a conduit of the Divine Master creator going about doing good deeds.

Teshuvah and Tzadakah

Go and study:
" Go back to God's mission statement - the book of Genesis. Where was the church? Where was religion? There was only RELATIONSHIP! Religion is man-made. ..."

Derrick - the bible teaches that pure RELIGION is good.
It teaches that there is bad religion and good religion.
So lets not throw the baby (religion) out with the bath water (dirty filthy worldliness).
Yes - keep the religion but get rid of the worldliness:

James 1:27
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

No matter how religious we are - if we are friends with the world - we are enemies of God.

So I guess the message for all of us is - 'stop trying to be worldly and keep your religion undefiled'.
I think we put too much emphasis on tradition (what man wrought) and not enough on relationship (what God wants) and wind up with the type of religious spirit that Jesus decried in Matthew 23.

As for my comments on Sister Beth Sue's post -- I stand by "well said;" even if it was not theologically correct because it helped to illustrate the folly of man's religion over relationship with the Father through Christ Jesus.

I agree with your summation of James 1:27 regarding what we should do. I am just opposed to all the tradition that makes of none effect the Word of God.

Finally, to remain on topic, I am completely in favor of compensation for anyone who preaches the Gospel. I am opposed to those who make merchandise of, or try to get rich by, the Word of God. I, personally would preach for free, but am grateful for what God blesses me with, in terms of compensation.

God Bless!
Pastor Day

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service