Should a pastor that spends most of his time preaching and teaching get paid for what God has him to do? I know what the scriptures says about this, but would you pastor for free?

Views: 2773

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All of Israel at the end of the day fully relates to this::

Kahl YIsrael arevim zeh bazeh~~~ALL Israel is responsible for one another"~(ref:Talmud Shavout 39a)

All of Israel is one community~~~

From historical accounts R. Hillel was Yeshua's teacher early on
GOD BLESS YOU TOO SISTER.
Greetings Bro. Greene,

Amen, My Brother.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips Sr.
Honestly if you have a real laboring pastor that loves God and love God's people I don't think they can be paid enough!!! I know some really great pastors who really give of themselves to the point where they don't seem to have time for themselves or their families!! That's not good but they have the burden of the work of God on them!! They want to see the people of God learn whose they really are!! They spare no truth by preaching the unadulterated Word of God and are not bound by the people's lack of giving!! The bible say "no them that labor among you" if he is a hireling know that and deal with it but still pray for him because prayer does change everything!! If it you can't deal with it leave because if you don't want to help him , you will hinder him ( pray for him, he needs wisdom to know what to do with what he's given ) but if he is a shepherd the sheep will not be broke for long they will grow while he is growing financially!!

A pastor can't be responsible for those that are not willing to obey the word when it say " give and it will be given back to you. a good measure pressed down, shaken together running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you!! A pastor's responsibility is to get the Word to us, teach us how to live it and use it for God's glory!! Our job is to be obedient to the Word we learn, live it and use it's to God's Glory. The end factor is the same. It's all about glorifying God through His Son Jesus!!

With all of that said I agree with pastor's being paid!! How much is not my business because that's between them and God in the end!!!

The church is being destroyed by the people of God... toooo many martha's (worrying about everything) and not enough mary's (at Jesus feet)!! If we stay at His feet He will teach how to be helpers instead of hinderers!! Much love to you!!!
Greetings Sis. Jones,

Amen.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips
I would like to offer a different perspective by asking a question - should an apostle be paid? Should a prophet be paid? Should an evangelist be paid? Should a teacher be paid? What do all of these have in common? They are all GIFTS in the body. This is part of the problem. One brother said there will be some that say pastors should be paid, and some that will say they should not. If we get to the heart of the matter, how did pastor get elevated to such a position that would necessitate this type of discussion? The gift of pastor got there because of man perverting the word of God. Study for yourself the word "pastor" in the Bible, and see what you discover.
NOW IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE STARTING TO GET SOMEWHERE ..AMEN BROTHER
Bro Ronald, I am not sure if you are just entering the discussion or if you are responding to me but your entry is under mine so I will answer you.

YES I do believe that everyone you named should recieve an offering if they are true laborers in the work of the Lord. I believe the Word of God!! The laborer is worthy of their hire ( Malachi 3:5, St luke chap 10, and 1 tim 5:17,18)

Now I am talking about the preachers (inclusive of apostles, prophets, pastors etc) that are Sent by God not the ones that just Went on their own. God is full of integrity and His ways of financially blessing us are with pure motives. No father wants to see his children constantly struggling so unless he is trying to demonstrate tough love he will intervene for his child. It doesn't matter whether you are an apostle, a new member, 100 or in the womb, we are still His children.

The bible teaches us that people are destroyed for lack of knowledge but we must understand that knowledge never override the Spirit of God because only the Spirit of God will lead us into all Truth. Now with all that said we should know the difference between a hireling and a true man or woman of God. Whether you give or not is a choice that was given through Jesus. He took away all our excuses for decisions we make but blame other's for.

Honestly, I don't believe pastors have elevated themselves (from my experience) as much as the people have replaced God with the pastor. They would rather get a word from the pastor then to labor in the word and get confirmation that will let them know God is in the midst of of their studying. Again, I will say I know some good solid pastors who really love God and God's people and deserve the best for how much they tolerate from the multiple personalities they have to shepherd.

With that said last point... One study concerning a pastor is Shepherd: they lead the flock, they march ahead to secure the place where the pasture is, they watch all day so the sheep won't go astray and if one do they are not settled until they find that one sheep and bring it back or know that the sheep is alright. I know pastors like this and my faith and prayers say that their are more out their like this. This topic brought out a lot of opinions but where do we go from here to correct what we see that is wrong in our Saviors Body . Their is nothing wrong with Jesus so where do the problem lay. We in the body of Christ must grow up and stop all the analyzing. One thing we should be able to agree on is that the bible never said he called any leader because they were perfect.
You might say because you don't know me that "she don't know or understand" but I am not a novice and I have been through some stuff, I just let love cover a multitude of faults and keep going. I don't spend my time questioning God about someone elses issues I pray for them (especially about my pastor and his finances). I let God handle His business and I handle what He called me to do. I didn't mean to be this long but I wanted to answer you as thoroughly as I could.

Love you and God bless you,
Sis vanessa Jones
P.s I love everyone one so that's my general closing...It's the God in me!!!
Greetings Everybody,

Apostle, evangelist, prophet, pastor and teacher.

They are different gifts to perfect the body. Some men or women operate in one or more office.
Should they be paid?

Most people have not a problem with ministers of music being paid. Depending on the church,
there responsibilities vary whether there trained muscians or not.
There ministry is needed. I am not knocking them.

If they can be paid, why not anyone who operates in the five offices mentioned.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips
WHY CONTINUE TO RUN ON AND ON ABOUT SOMETHING EVERYONE IS NOT IN AGREEMENT ON? WOW TALKING ABOUT HAVING THE LAST WORDS....HOW STIFF NECKED CAN SOME SO CALLED SAINTS BE.
Greetings Pastor Beth Sue,

Glad to hear fromyou again. Interesting forum isnt it. I ask you sister what good
is this forum if we cant comment. Here and there.

I try to stay on the topic until the forum changes.

Hey go to a discusion I started on Prosperity. Would like to hear your insights.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips
Ok Brother Phillips,

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service