I was reading Jet Magazine, and I saw an article about Alysa Stanton, the first ever African American (female) Rabbi. I began to think about what she had to face to accomplish such a task; the hardship and surely the scorns and comment of out right disapprovals. I am aware that there are several Apostles that are females, however does the church( the Body as a whole) truly embrace women as Apostles ? I know there are some churches that do not recognized them(women) as Pastors, let alone as Apostles. What are your thoughts on Alysa Stanton ?

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not in the will of God. Not even taking into account that she is a female Rabbi what is she teaching? Is she teaching that Christ the only way to obtain salvation? If not then everything she does will amount to nothing.
Praise the Lord Rev.
Ok I dont really want to get to deep into this but can I ask you a question Mr. Watson, do you salute her because she came through a struggle or because she is serving God? The little I know about the women is she was raised in a COGIC church then switched to Judaism. Went from professing in the Messiah, to saying he still is not yet come? How is this to be praised?
" there are many Christians who believe that only Christians go to heaven"

When you say Christian you mean people who believe that Jesus Christ is the way to/of salvation according to John 14:6? If that is your answer then count me in as one, and now please inform me on my error according to your knowledge.

"As Christians, we need to stop condemning those who believe differently than we do, and seek to find common ground."

Help me to understand what you mean by condemning those that believe differently? Becasue for example if I was engaged with a person who was say a Buddhist and they spoke to me about enlightnment and nirvanna, and I say to them as Christ said to Nicodemus "Except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God" have I condemed them or shared with them what the scriptures say? Or if speaking with a Jehovah's Witness I tell them the Word was more than "a" god, but that "the Word was God" and if you try and lessen who He is you are out of the will of God have i condemed them, or told them what thus saith the Lord? Lastly, are we called to find common ground (and what is common ground?) or to be a city that sits on a hill and a light in this world?

"The fact the Judaism teaches belief in Jesus Christ is all that is needed for salvation"

Please explain?
Here we go, as I have stated before and I will continue to state that we are now moving to an all INCLUSIVE faith in Christianity where all roads can get you there. Instead of the all EXCLUSIVE road that only through Christ are we to have eternal life with Him in heaven where the road is narrow and very few find. Who are the few? The few are those who believe and have faith in only Jesus the Christ who has defeated death on the cross and now sits on the right hand of the Father with all power and all authority. The door keeper of both heaven and hell. Anyway, knew it wouldn't take long before the Gospel of Oprah finally took root... What deception!
You need to finish the scripture you quoted and you will find your answer. The continuation says, "That whosoever believeth on him (Jesus) shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

The world doesn't believe in Jesus. Your statements basically says that one is not required to believe in Jesus in order to gain eternal life. In all thy getting, get understanding.
Hey EW, nice to see ya' again. I just came back from out of the country and still getting over severe jet lag...LOL I shouldn't even be in BPN now but couldn't resist when I read what I read...:) Talk with ya' soon. Going back to bed....
Welcome back brother Scott. Glad to see you made it safely home. I can imagine your trip was tiring, yet very rewarding. Hope to see any pictures or video you have from the trip. I think this is an awesome work you are doing. God Bless.
John 14:6 KJV
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way , the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Unless Buddhist have created their own heaven, they will not be occupying our heaven. Why is it that every religion seems to want a part of heaven, but they don't want to acknowledge the maker of heaven and earth. Jesus.

Let me give you a scenario. No one can go across the street and ask my neighbor for permission to enter MY HOUSE. If you want to gain entry into my house you must first come by me. Permission comes from me.
Glad ya'll address it so I dont have to! LOL!!!!
"Judaism teaches belief in Jesus Christ. 'Believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." That's the bottom line for salvation according to the Apostle Paul".

Does it really?

Matthew 16:13-16
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? [14] And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. [15] He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Who where the men that Jesus was talking about being he was only come to the Jews at this time? And the disciples told him exactly who men (Jews) thought he was and many still think he is today. It is when you make the decleration that Peter did that you BELIEVE as you quoted Paul as saying. He has to be more than just a prophet, or a good teacher.

"Are Christians the only ones who have a monopoly on Truth?"

YES!! The truth of God and His word and they understand how to handle the truth, spread the truth, love in truth, and teach the truth!!!
Rev,

Christianity does not have biblical truth if they disregard the Torah and the Prophets.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service