It is recorded that Jesus said, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.", John 14:21.

Welcome to a new adventure.

The question then becomes, what are the commandments of Jesus and how are we to obey them? How are the doctrines (teaching) of the Apostles to be integrated into the commandments of Jesus? Then there is the question of how are over one thousand quotations from the Old Covenant scriptures, that are found in the New Covenant writings, relate to one another and to the 21st century professing Saints of God?

I have listened to a great many preachers, teachers, church elders, and other spiritual leaders, plus a multitude of just good old saints trying to work out their salvation. What the vast majority of them have in common is the lack of knowledge of what are the New Covenant requirements of a disciple of Christ. It usually consists of one or more of the following: Believe in Jesus, do not judge, love everyone, go to church on Sunday, get baptized, pay tithes and offerings, and obey the pastor. Some have given better answers, but not very many! What made me sit up and take notice, however, was when I asked myself that same question! Much to my surprise and horror was that I too had little knowledge of what my savior and spiritual master actually taught, and where and how that teaching was to be implemented into my life in relationship with Him and my fellow brethren. So, I embarked on this adventure that I am about to share with you.

Later this week I will attach an extended article, that I am currently editing, addressing this subject as a suggested starting point for study and discussion. Please join in.

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that I have finally got the upload of text files right.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service