The rollercoaster of life, the daily ups and downs that test faith and when you pass the test you grow.
People talk of being closer to God, I can't get any closer but my faith can strengthen,
Matt, 8, Mark 4, Luke 8
O ye of little faith
Why is it you have no faith
How is it you have no faith.

What is the core of your belief? How do you connect with God/Jesus/Holy Ghost, faith is the connection line.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do not pull verses out of context. Read the whole book of 1John chapters 2, 3, and 5, and tell me what is spoke about in those books. I don't want to give you that much. Just read 1John chapter 3 for me, and tell me what is going on. What is talked about?
You continue to contend you do not pull verses out of context, I do not understand how you can stick to that. You have no valid argument to support you only an empty denial of fact.

You snatch verses that contain words or what you feel is an idea of your point of view that has nothing to do with what you contend as your argument.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
cites:
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/1John/Ato...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_of_John#Purpose

http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/1John/Fam...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Epistles of John thought to have been written between 90-100,or 100 and 110, This fourth catholic or "general" epistle is attributed to John the Evangelist
The work was written to counter the heresies that Jesus did not come "in the flesh," but only as a spirit. It also defined how Christians are to discern true teachers: by their ethics, their proclamation of Jesus in the flesh, and by their love.[1]

The purpose of the author (1:1-4) is to declare the Word of Life to those to whom he writes, in order that they might be united in fellowship with the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. He shows that the means of union with God are, (1) on the part of Christ, his atoning work (1:7; 2:2; 3:5; 4:10, 14; 5:11, 12) and his advocacy (2:1); and (2), on the part of man, holiness (1:6), obedience (2:3), purity (3:3), faith (3:23; 4:3; 5:5), and love (2:7, 8; 3:14; 4:7; 5:1).

Nothing in these letters support Judaism. "The Fourth Gospel addresses itself to the challenges posed by Judaism and others outside Johannine circles who have rejected the community's vision of Jesus as preexistent Son, sent by the Father.

In many ways the statement that God is light is the thesis of the epistle.

Clearly he wishes to underscore that what he is bearing witness to is no figment of his imagination, no invention of his own. He wishes to set before his readers the life that is in Jesus Christ.

Apparently the message has been changed in unacceptable ways by some members of the congregation, to the extent that the message they preach no longer can be called the word of life. And those who do not adhere to the Word of life cannot have true fellowship together with those who do. For ultimately the fellowship that believers share together is not simply that of an accidental conglomeration of people with some things in common. Rather, what believers in Christ have in common is fellowship with God. Those who know and love God are joined to each other as well.

What does God want of me? What does God want of us? Probably every Christian has asked these very questions. They are asked in times of anguish, during crisis and decision making and, implicitly and explicitly, on a day-to-day basis. What does God require of those who want to offer their sincere allegiance and devotion?

The next section of 1 John (1:5--2:27) tackles this question, for the church to which John was writing debated this very issue. What does God ask of us? What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus? What does it mean to be a faithful Christian?

For there is a unifying thread woven through the pattern of "walking in the light." These "expectations" are unified by an under standing of God's character and of God's activity in Christ

1 John 3:4 You like to hinge on this verse, consider this...............

Furthermore, the basis for the hope of the children of God is not their own conduct, but the work of Christ on their behalf. An analysis of the structure of the passage bears out this assertion. The passage consists of two short parallel sections, each of which contains three things: a def inition of sin (vv. 4, 8); a statement about the purpose of Christ's work (vv. 5, 8) in light of the definition of sin; and a statement about the implications of Christ's work for the Christian life (vv. 6, 9; Stott 1988:125). The following table illustrates these parallels:

(a) Sin is lawlessness (v. 4)(a') Sin is of the devil (v. 8)tx(b) Christ came to take away sins (v. 5)(b') Christ came to destroy the devil's works (v. 8b)tx(c) No one who lives in Christ keeps on sinning (v. 6)(c') No one who is born of God will continue to sin (v. 9)tx This table shows that Christ's work (b and b') stands in opposition to the power and essence of sin (a and a'). Since believers are those who live in Christ, their conduct (c and c') should reflect the work of Christ and its opposition to sin. The work of Christ--begun in his work of taking away sin, yet still to be consummated--anchors John's exhortation to Christian responsibility and his promise of future transformation. With these thoughts in mind, then, we turn to a verse-by-verse analysis of the passage at hand.Jesus' Sinlessness, Human Sinfulness (3:4-6)

While there are, as noted above, two parallel sections (3:4-6; 8-10) that discuss sin, the work of Christ and the implications for the Christian life, each has a distinctive focus. The first subsection draws a contrast between Jesus' sinlessness and human sinfulness.

The character of sin (3:4). John begins with what appears to be a definition of sin when he writes, everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. In describing sin (hamartia) as lawlessness or iniquity (anomia), he stresses its severity. Lawlessness connotes disobedience to and rejection of the ways of God. If there are some who tolerate sin as an indifferent matter, this epistle does all in its power to dissuade them from that view.

More specifically, however, lawlessness may refer to the lawlessness expected in the last days, the ultimate rejection of God's truth to be manifested in false teaching and immorality (Mt 7:15, 23; 13:41; 24:11-12; 2 Thess 2:3).

Just because you see the word law or lawlessness does not mean what you want it too.

You seriously lack comprehension of what you are reading. This is further hampered by the fact it is a translation. When you come to a book, consider
who it was written to and why.
What was the author trying to instill in the audience?
Then apply the same reasoning to Chapter and Verse and Word.
Finding Hebrew or Greek dictionary will help.

Again you want to beat this dead horse. You have fixed your mind on Jewish Law and you insist on finding it in the NT when it is not there.
I am not a catholic. You are taking the info out of context. Look how you have to bring in extra info into your reply. I asked you to read one chapter of 1John 3, and tell me what it is talking about, and you have yet to answer my question. I say you are to keep the commandments, and I pulled the scriptures that said in a number of books we are to keep the commandments to seed eternal life, and you say I take them out of context, but at the same time, you bring theology, and I just bring scripture. Who is telling more truth?
Chaplain,

Yeshua said,"ye that work iniquity." I'd love for you to look up the word iniquity in Greek, tell me what it is, and then tell me what Yeshua actually meant. Better yet, I will do it for you, and then I want you to tell me what Yeshua meant.

459. anomos an'-om-os from 1 (as a negative particle) and 3551; lawless, i.e. (negatively) not subject to (the Jewish) law; (by implication, a Gentile), or (positively) wicked:--without law, lawless, transgressor, unlawful, wicked.

460. anomos an-om'-oce adverb from 459; lawlessly, i.e. (specially) not amenable to (the Jewish) law:--without law.

So, WHO are those workers of iniquity(anomos) that Yeshua will condemn to eternal death????
Brother James said: So, WHO are those workers of iniquity(anomos) that Yeshua will condemn to eternal death????

That is a great question Brother James.. I wish I could have asked that... I want to see the reply to that.
@ James,

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Greek words- Adikia -- unrighteousness, iniquity, injustice.

Poneira -- evil of a vicious kind, degenerate. it is an inward corruption which distorts or perverts character.

Anomia -- lawlessness - violation of a known law.

Jesus exposed those people who sounded religious but had no personal relationship with him. On Judgment Day, only our relationship with Christ - our acceptance of him as Savior and our obedience to him will matter.
Chaplain,

You must address the question at hand. I did not ask you to post other Greek words that are not mentioned in the given scripture. Address the nomos. I post again, and this time, please answer the given question......

Yeshua said,"ye that work iniquity." I'd love for you to look up the word iniquity in Greek, tell me what it is, and then tell me what Yeshua actually meant. Better yet, I will do it for you, and then I want you to tell me what Yeshua meant.

459. anomos an'-om-os from 1 (as a negative particle) and 3551; lawless, i.e. (negatively) not subject to (the Jewish) law; (by implication, a Gentile), or (positively) wicked:--without law, lawless, transgressor, unlawful, wicked.

460. anomos an-om'-oce adverb from 459; lawlessly, i.e. (specially) not amenable to (the Jewish) law:--without law.

So, WHO are those workers of iniquity(anomos) that Yeshua will condemn to eternal death????
James,

Those who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus through their acceptance of Him as Savior and are not obedient to him.

The only WHO I can speak of specifically are Satan worshipers because they reject Jesus.
How do you be obedient?
Hezekiah,

Obedience to Jesus is to follow His teachings and His instructions, by first studying the Bible and yielding to the indwelling Holy Spirit.
What are his teachings and instructions?
@ Hezekiah,

Read the 4 Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John) for yourself. I am not going post pages of scriptures as you seem to like doing.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service