Jeremiah 31:31,"Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah."

This is one scripture that is surely worth noting, because this scripture, at least the phrase "new covenant" is the center of debate, and is missed by many Christians. Most Christians that I have spoken with believe that they are in the new covenant, and that this new covenant was made with them... without the law. They insist on believing that this new covenant was made with them, and that they do not have to follow the law of Yahweh.

But, the truth is, this new covenant was not made with Gentiles, rather, as Yahweh said in Jeremiah 31 & Hebrews 8,"I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah."The Hebrew people are the ones that Yahweh has made the covenant with, and no one else. This covenant concludes the following stipulations:

1) I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people(verse 33). This actually means that your life will be directed, controlled, and governed by the law. The "heart" in the Hebraic understanding is the seat of one's moral and ethical decisions, the place where one decides. The phrase "I will be their God, and they my people" is a familiar phrase, which connects with God governing you by his law, and that is also in the book of revelation. Revelation 21:3,"And I hear d a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God." How do man become Yahweh's people? It is by being under the new covenant WITH its three keys, and that truly includes obedience to the law.

2) And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord(verse 34). To "know the Lord" makes use of the word "know" (yadah) in a technical sense relative to covenant making. To "know the Lord" does not mean to "know about the Lord," but to "know" Him in a covenant sense, i.e., to be loyal to Him in regard to the covenant stipulations. In short, to "know the Lord" means to be obedient to Him by keeping the commandments of the covenant He has made.

3) For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more(verse 34). This was done, of course, when Yahshua came, for his blood covers our sins, never to be remembered anymore. Yahshua said in Matthew 26:27-28,"And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

The above three keys are included in this new covenant, and were only made with Israel & Judah. But what about Gentiles, you may ask? Well, Gentiles who convert to the Jewish faith will be under the three keys of the new covenant. Yahweh will write the laws on the Gentiles hearts and minds, they will know the Lord in the covenant sense, and He will forgive them of their sins.

Exodus 12:49,"There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you."There is one law for the Hebrew & Gentile. Two laws do not exist. Christians love to hold to the belief that they do not have to keep the law, but that means they are not being faithful to the covenant decrees, and more over, not under the new covenant.

Christians cannot come into the covenant of Yahweh, and change the laws and times. The only spirit that does this is the spirit of the anti-Christ. Daniel 7:25,"He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law." When the covenant was made, the three keys would be here to stay, and no one can change them.. not even Christians.

Where does a Christian fit into this covenant, you may ask again? Let us look at what Sha'ul said in Romans 11:19-20,"Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in', That is true."Christians, here the words of Yahweh. If you claim to be under the new covenant, then you cannot come in there with the spirit of anti-christ, and try to change the times, and law. You are commanded to keep Yahweh's laws.

If you do not want to keep his laws, then you are not in the covenant, and you are none of his. Christians believe that Shaul himself taught against the law. Guess what, that would make him an anti-Christ. We know that is not true, because the Apostles of the Lord would not have accepted him into the Apostolic community.

Shaul says something in Hebrews 10:26-28,"For if we go on breaking the law deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses." This scripture truly speaks for itself.

But, is sin missing the mark, according to Christians, or breaking the law? 1 John 3:4,"Everyone who makes a practice of breaking the law also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness." If you love Yahweh, then you would keep the 10 commandments, including the Sabbath, dietary laws, clothing, facial, feast days, wear the tzitzit, etc. The only person that can make these things(the law) a burden is yourself. Do not make the law a burden, but live it with joy, as Yahweh intends for you to do.

Sha'ul says another thing, Eph 2:12,"remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world." This was the state of Gentiles before they came to Yahshua. They were aliens from Israel, and strangers to the covenant. Those who believe that you do not have to keep the law under the new covenant are still strangers to to the covenant. Do not be deceived.

In closing, Yahshua said something very great. Matthew 7:21-23,"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

Those who claim that the law is abolished, done away, and do not need to be practiced under the "new covenant", needs to take a look back at Jeremiah 31:31-34 & Hebrews 8:8-12, and the stipulations, and repent of their law breaking, or else they will be told to depart from the Lord. Repent(turn to Yahweh via his law), place your faith in Yahshua for salvation, and live a holy life by keeping the law. LIVE!!!!!!

Shalom

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

Yuri,

Do you have any Torah studies background?

Do you assume that since Jesus used the example of David doing what was not lawful on the sabbath, yet was guiltless, that Jesus and his apostles excused themselves for breaking the sabbath?

Would Jesus be the Messiah if he allowed his Apostles to work their jobs on the sabbath?

Would Jesus be the Messiah if he himself sinned?

Peter, and several apostles were fishermen. That was their trade. They did not fish on Shabbat. Did they switch "jobs" by picking grain on the sabbath?

Where can you show me in the WRITTEN TORAH that picking grain on the sabbath was sin?

Do you assume that since Paul, a Torah-observant Hebrew, told the Christians in Colossae to let no one judge them concerning the law, that Paul was telling them not to obey the law?

Do you assume that since Paul said,"to the Jews I became as a Jew", that he was basically playing the hypocrite, pretending to keep Torah to win his people?

Yuri, I want you to ANSWER EACH QUESTION THOROUGHLY, and we can talk about them. DO NOT let your degrees, and many titles get in the way of seeing TRUE OBEDIENCE to Messiah.
>>> Do you have any Torah studies background? br />
YEP!, all 613 commandment 1 by 1.

>>> Do you assume that since Jesus used the example of David doing what was not lawful on the Sabbath, yet was guiltless, that Jesus and his apostles excused themselves for breaking the Sabbath? br />

Assume it? NO! However, in the text Jesus is accused of allowing his disciples to break the Sabbath... He does not refute it by saying they did not break the Sabbath, instead He gives examples of other times when the Sabbath was violated and yet the violators were guiltless.

So then one does not have to assume anything; the point Jesus is making is clear: The Sabbath was not designed for death but for life. It is for man not against man.

His disciples were hungry; therefore, to work by picking corn and eating it to live is a guiltless violation of the Sabbath like David did and the Priest do every Sabbath day.

>>> Would Jesus be the Messiah if he allowed his Apostles to work their jobs on the Sabbath? br />

Again, your idea of "work" is not in keeping with the biblical idea of "work". The Pharisees understood that picking corn constituted work and accused Jesus of letting His disciples work on the Sabbath.

Jesus understood that the charge of working on the Sabbath was legitimate and never refutes it. Instead he argues that some violations of the Sabbath are legit; “working” for life TRUMPS “resting” for death.

>>> Would Jesus be the Messiah if he himself sinned? br />

NO! Jesus would not be the Messiah if he himself sinned. However, Jesus argues that some violation of the Sabbath is legit and the violator remains guiltless of sin.

>>> Peter, and several apostles were fishermen. That was their trade. They did not fish on Shabbat. Did they switch "jobs" by picking grain on the Sabbath? br />

Your NARROW idea of work is not the BIBLICAL idea of work. Again Jesus never refutes the charge of WORKING on the Sabbath, but sited instances where others violated the Sabbath TOO! …and remained blameless.

>>> Where can you show me in the WRITTEN TORAH that picking grain on the Sabbath was sin? br />

Picking corn = work
Picking corn on the Sabbath = work on the Sabbath

>>> Do you assume that since Paul, a Torah-observant Hebrew, told the Christians in Colossae to let no one judge them concerning the law, that Paul was telling them not to obey the law? br />

Assume? No! However, Paul was addressing the false teachers who were telling the saints at Colossae that they had to observe TORAH to be a Christian; Paul told them, NO TORAH, ONLY THE DECALOGUE, which is naturally observed and express in loving your fellow man.

>>> Do you assume that since Paul said, “to the Jews I became as a Jew", that he was basically playing the hypocrite, pretending to keep Torah to win his people? br />

Hypocrite? NO! Paul was using wisdom as to not offend them before he could explain to them why keeping TORAH was not necessary for the gentile. It is not hypocrisy to observe customs for the sake of non-offense.

Your definition of hypocrite is off... Hypocrisy is to violate one's on teachings/beliefs. Paul did not teach that observing Torah was wrong; he taught that it was unnecessary especially for the gentiles.

>>> Yuri, I want you to ANSWER EACH QUESTION THOROUGHLY, and we can talk about them. DO NOT let your degrees, and many titles get in the way of seeing TRUE OBEDIENCE to Messiah.br />

My degrees are not in my way; it is the BIBLE that is in the way of me seeing TORAH keeping as necessary under the NT.
Yuri,

So, when Jesus tell the law breaker to depart from him, he never knew them; this mean certain laws he did not follow?
>>> So, when Jesus tell the law breaker to depart from him, he never knew them; this mean certain laws he did not follow?

Those under the old covenant will be responsible for all that the old covenant required; however, those under the new covenant will only be responsible for what the new covenant requires. This is not hard for you to understand. For instance, no one under the NT will be responsible for bringing animal sacrifices, now will they? Yet those who were under the OT will be responsible for animal sacrifices.

Our disagreement is not that there is discontinuity between the OT and NT; our disagreement concerns the extent of that discontinuity. You say it only extends to the rituals concerning thing of justification. I say it extends to things of sanctification as well.

If you are right (though it is clear that you are wrong,) then there will be accountability for sanctifying rituals. If I'm right there will not be accountability for sanctifying rituals, for they are not required.
Yuri,

Its true that we will not be judged for animal sacrifices, but its true that we will be judged for keeping the feast days, sabbath, the "10 commands", wearing the tzitzit, etc.
Yuri,

You are trying to separate Christianity from her roots, but that would go against scripture. You as a Gentile does not support the root. Romans 11:17,"remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you."

You cannot come into this support system trying to change their laws with your own theology. If you come into a faith that's essentially Hebrew, then their Torah you are to abide by.

If all are one in Christ, then you cannot have an olive tree producing 2 different kinds of fruit. Fruit for the Jew(Torah), fruit for the Gentile(Non-Torah). GOD FORBID! Those in the olive tree are Abraham's children, and Torah IS OF NO OPTION, BUT A COMMAND!
>>> You are trying to separate Christianity from her roots, but that would go against scripture. You as a Gentile does not support the root. Romans 11:17,"remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you."

Not at all James, I am only saying that while the root and the fruit is of the same substance (Decalogue), it is not the same in manifestation (Rituals.) No one would mistake an apple for the root of the tree. Likewise Christianity (the reality) is the bloom of Judism (the ritual).
Yuri,

1) I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people(verse 33). This actually means that your life will be directed, controlled, and governed by the law. The "heart" in the Hebraic understanding is the seat of one's moral and ethical decisions, the place where one decides. The phrase "I will be their God, and they my people" is a familiar phrase, which connects with God governing you by his law, and that is also in the book of revelation. Revelation 21:3,"And I hear d a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God." How do man become Yahweh's people? It is by being under the new covenant WITH its three keys, and that truly includes obedience to the law.

2) And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord(verse 34). To "know the Lord" makes use of the word "know" (yadah) in a technical sense relative to covenant making. To "know the Lord" does not mean to "know about the Lord," but to "know" Him in a covenant sense, i.e., to be loyal to Him in regard to the covenant stipulations. In short, to "know the Lord" means to be obedient to Him by keeping the commandments of the covenant He has made.

3) For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more(verse 34). This was done, of course, when Yahshua came, for his blood covers our sins, never to be remembered anymore. Yahshua said in Matthew 26:27-28,"And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

The above three keys are included in this new covenant, and were only made with Israel & Judah. But what about Gentiles, you may ask? Well, Gentiles who convert to the Jewish faith will be under the three keys of the new covenant. Yahweh will write the laws on the Gentiles hearts and minds, they will know the Lord in the covenant sense, and He will forgive them of their sins.

Exodus 12:49,"There shall be one law for the native and for the stranger who sojourns among you."There is one law for the Hebrew & Gentile. Two laws do not exist. Christians love to hold to the belief that they do not have to keep the law, but that means they are not being faithful to the covenant decrees, and more over, not under the new covenant.
1) The fulfillment of the Law being written on the heart is the Decalogue expressed in love for God and man... in this the whole law is kept.

2) A believer has need of no teacher as the example of Jesus Christ teaches all believers what God's will is, not rituals and symbols but the reality of love for God and man... summed up practically in the golden rule, "Do onto others as you would have them do unto you." In that the whole law is kept.

3) Yes in the coming of Christ reality has abolished rituals. No need for rites of justification or sanctification. In Christ justification is absolute and complete, and sanctification is in loving God through loving your fellow man.

The New Covenant is made with the New Israel of God (i.e. the Israel of God.) Which does not at this time include national Israel (they have been blinded by God but will later Join the church i.e. the New Israel). The New Israel is a people who were not a people but are now the people of God, called out of darkness into light, and made into a holy nation of priest.. The New Israel is both Jew and Gentile, recognized by circumcision of the heart... i.e. keeping the decalogue through loving God and man...
Yuri,

1) The bible mentions nothing about a decalogue. That's your own eisegetical addition. Even Jesus gave the 2 greatest laws, and in those two, the law is summed up. In basicality, when you are actually carrying out the whole law, then you are loving God, and your fellow man.

James said if you keep one, you must keep all. Yuri, if you think you can keep only 9 commandments, and ignore the others, then you are sadly mistaken, and not a true follower of Jesus, walking in obedience.

2) Jesus kept Torah, and taught his followers to do the same. He also told his followers to teach Torah to the nations. Torah is a LIGHT, and not a bondage as you think.

3) Zechariah 14 shows us that when Jesus returns a second time, the feast days will be kept. The WHOLE LAW is a shadow of Messiah, and not just certain laws. Zechariah says those who do not come up to keep Torah, namely, among many, the feast of tabernacles, then they will be curse.

Torah says CURSED is he that DOES NOT do ALL THINGS written in the Torah. You cannot claim to follow Jesus, and you only keep 9 commandments, and leave out the sabbath, feast days, tzitzit, etc. Your argument falls flat concerning "shadows". If you would only get into Torah studies, then you WILL see that ALL of Torah is a "shadow" of Messiah.

The New Covenant was not made with the new Israel ha ha. Thats YOUR additions, and Torah says you should not add or take away from the word. This new covenant was made with Israel & Judah. NOT a new Israel. The Church DID NOT replace Israel. Its not us who support the root, rather, the root supports us. Your decalogue is on the same level of blasphemy as the many scribes of israel added to Torah by placing whats "oral" over whats "written".

All who are under this new covenant are to adhere to the sabbath, food laws, feast days, tzitzit, etc. Duet 28 promises a blessing for doing so. If you choose not to, then Jesus will tell you to depart from him. Its no such thing as having 2 groups supported by one olive tree root, and they are going in opposite directions of obedience. God forbid! For the duty of ALL MEN is to keep God's commandments(Eccl 12)
1) How can you say the bible says nothing about the "10 commandments"... wow never thought you would say that.

>>> James said if you keep one, you must keep all. Yuri, if you think you can keep only 9 commandments, and ignore the others, then you are sadly mistaken, and not a true follower of Jesus, walking in obedience. br />
I don't think we can keep any of them James... but that is another conversation.

2) Jesus did WORKS on the sabbath... Allowed his disciples to work on the sabbath... amid other things.

3) I dont see anything in Zechariah 14 about the sabbath, food laws, feast days, tzitzit, etc.. Just more of your eisogesis.
Yuri,

How foolish you sound brother.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service