What does prosperity mean to the Body of Christ.  Does it has any place in teaching, is it

for the body, should it be taught or should it be ignored.  What is biblical prosperity?

What does the bible has to say about this topic?

Views: 992

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not so fast...!!

First, you have to do your part and answer my question.
What question Brother?
You said: "God says we should be content with just food and clothes. Anything else He gives us is truly a blessing."

You stated that we should "flee these things", but what exactly was Paul speaking of? Fleeing money, or fleeing the "love of money"?

What was Prophetess Satin's statement? Did you read it? Did she mention chasing or even seeking riches? Did anyone mention that?
Trevor Greene: "You stated that we should "flee these things", but what exactly was Paul speaking of? Fleeing money, or fleeing the "love of money"?

Eccl: Concerning the two questions above I believe Paul was giving us a warning to not pursue riches. I base this on what he said in the following verse;

"But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition."

Trevor Greene: "What was Prophetess Satin's statement?"

Eccl: Here is her statement; "thats an error, Preacher. A total error from start to finish. Prosperity is not mainly money, but it can and does often touch in and manifest with money."

Trevor Greene: "Did you read it?"

Eccl: Yes I have!

Trevor Greene: "Did she mention chasing or even seeking riches?"

Eccl: No she did not!

Trevor Greene: "Did anyone mention that?"

Eccl: The only one that mentioned seeking riches was myself.

I have honoured your request and answered your questions.

Now your list please!

I'm glad that you finally honored that, because that point was VERY key to the entire point. Prosperity is not a bad thing until it becomes your god. Now, I will not only list the scriptures, but I'll even dedicate an entire new blog towards this. Give me some time, and you'll get to see it and be the first to respond to it.
Greetings Pastor Greene,

I would like the opportunity to veiw your blog as well. Once youve
gotten it together could you let me know as well.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips
2 Timothy 3:2
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,

GB
The only propserity God prmises is salvation to all whom he has chosen this slavatuon is the only Inheritance of Abrham...
not money....
It is an unfortunate and sad truth that many people tend to think of money whenever they hear the word "prosperity." This is largely due to many TV Evangelists preaching this very concept. I stopped watching many of them, especially during their marathon broadcasts.

If the truth be told, many of us cannot wisely handle an abundance of financial wealth, yet many of us are always seeking wealth in some shape, form or fashion from "get rich quick" investments to buying weekly lottery tickets.

Shalom in Yeshua
Greetings

I beleive many times when we see God's goodness in the lives of beleivers not just preachers.
We tend to look at the outward. For instance, a lot of preachers have lavish churches and lifestyles
alike and we judge instead of knowing them and there background.

A lot of these preachers are good God fearing people and the manifeastation of wealth has not
tainted there relationship with God.

A lot of people are jealous when God moves for one and not the other. Will you be ready? Is it God's timing?
or Do we have issues to work on?

Some beleiver today if they were granted a large some of money there relationship with God
would be casual verses devoted.

On the other hand some beleivers relationship with God would intensify because they know if it had not
been for God.

The love of anything is detrimental to the beleiver. If God is first in our lives and we trust and submit
to him we cant go wrong.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips
When God speaks of prosperity, He is speaking of completeness -- nothing broken; nothing lacking. This is what Jesus preached in His earthly ministry. The Gospel of the kingdom is the Gospel of completeness -- this is what a good king desires for his subjects or what a good father wants for his children.

Let's start with the singular form of the Greek word for salvation: SOZO. This word has a four-fold meaning:

Salvation from sin

Delvirance from demonic oppression

Bodily healing

Material blessing

3 John 2 states, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." And therein lies the key, "even as your soul prospereth." There is too little emphasis on that "soul prosperity;" that is, when your growing in the knowledge and grace of Almighty God.

There are too many folks who are intoxicated by what is commonly known as the "prosperity gospel" and they crave things that they will consume on their own lusts (James 4:3). True prosperity comes when your wealth blesses others. We are not to be containers by which God's blessings may be hoarded, we are to be conduits through which God's blessings flow!

It is God's will for his children to be complete. The woman with the issue of blood was healed when she touched Jesus robe, nevertheless, Jesus told her that "...her faith has made her whole." (Matthew 9:22)

This is Biblical prosperity!
Greetings Pastor Day,

I totally agree that prosperity encompasses the total man. Once more churches start
teaching prosperity correctly it'll be a no brainer.

The hugest point that folks need to understand is we are open containers for God. Our
cup runs over to bless others.

So If we can teach to get pass the me, me, me attitude. Everybody will have all things
common as the scripture says.

We as pastors and leaders must stretch and pull our local bodies to become more responsible
and accountable in all things. Submission, obedience, love and faoith are huge keys to
biblical prosperity.

In Christ
Pastor R. Phillips

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service