Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1276

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JESUS CHRIST IS ALIVE! AMEN!

Bro. Germain
Perhaps looking at the functions and roles of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, make be helpful.

There never comes a day when the only begotten Son becomes the Father, or somehow the Father changes roles and becomes the only begotten Son.

The Holy Spirit hovered over the chaos in the beginning and throughout the OT proceded from the Father and yet at Pentecost He was sent by the Son. Blasphemy against the Father and Son, has been recorded, yet blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is a sin unforgivable.

When we look at Philippians we see Kenosis - the divine omnipotence and the omniscience is laid aside in Christ. Can the Father have really laid aside His characteristics that makes Him Almighty.

Equality and indeed mutual love and respect between Father, Son and Holy Spirit, do not in any way necessarily rule out an ordering of relationships, or even the functional subordination of the relationships in the Godhead.

When you have the unilateral and not reciprocal submission of one member of the Trinity to another, that is textbook hierarchy. Mutuality and equality are not ruled in or out by hierarchy, yet the hierarchy exists, therefore Trinity exists.

Blessings
May GOD open your eyes!

Not two, not three, but only ONE PERSON: JESUS CHRIST.

JEUS CHRIST IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD

JESUS CHRIST IS THE HOLY SPIRIT

THE ALMIGHTY GOD IS THE HOLY SPIRIT

My Lord, please, reveal this truth to them sothat people can close debate about this issue on the BPN!

This is my prayer!

Bro. Germain

Caral,

Say what?
James,
Say what, what?
Caral,

That diagram?
WHEN WE GET TO HEAVEN, WILL THERE BE 3 SEPARATE PERSONS OR SPIRITS OR GOD'S STANDING THERE TO GREET US? PLEASE ANSWER.
The Holy Spirit is not a God. They are angels. Angels are spirit beings, just as God is. And the Angels that did not side with Satan are Holy Spirits/Ghosts and the Angels that did side with Satan are Evil Spirits.

Please explain the seven spirits of God found in Rev. Let's read it;

Rev.4
[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev.5
[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

So does the above suggest these too are God's?

WHEN WE GET TO HEAVEN, WILL THERE BE 3 SEPARATE PERSONS OR SPIRITS OR GOD'S STANDING THERE TO GREET US? PLEASE ANSWER.
On this we agree. I being once Trinitarian and now oneness have always noticed that we share many of the same views yet differ on others. Also, I believe that how it is being explained by both sides can be very confusing to others. Many Trinitarians can't explain how 3 distinct persons can be one God and Oneness seem to lack on how to explain who Jesus is talking to, when he says my Father.
Well said my brother! Its about time someone explained it in such a manner! I try once but often lacked the words to put it together, though I have the understanding of it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service