Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, brother Rodrick Sweet, YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR "TRINITARIAN" MINDSET(John 8:24) !!!!!!!

FOR "TRINITY" IS NOT SCRIPTURAL!

Besides, Brother Trevor said:

“…Such an authority makes the Apostle equal to a king and a lord of lands, and makes the one who sent him "King of kings and LORD of lords". JESUS is such, for He has sent out His Apostles and rules us who He made kings and priests. However JESUS Himself was sent, and submitted to One greater than He. This One would be the FATHER Himself… »

Brother Trevor, when the Holy Spirit will open your eyes, YOU WILL GO DEEPER THAN THAT.

Let us see !

“yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”

1 Corinthians 8:6

Do you see two creators or two different people here?

The single God, the Father, is the Lord Jesus-Christ by Whom are all things. Amen!

Indeed, all the believers must confess that Jesus is the Son of God (John 3:16, 5:17-18; Matthew 26:63-64, 16:16; 3:17; 1 John 4:15).

But, in this precise case we refer only to THE MAN CHRIST JESUS:

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,”

1 Timothy 2:5

As a true Man, Jesus could eat, drink, sleep, tire and even weep (John 11: 35).

As a true Man, He died, but as God (Yahweh) He raised Himself up: “Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

John 2: 19

The Almighty God took the form of a Man. And this body of Flesh which He called his Son is the Mediator between Him and the men.

Thus, as a true Man He could feel asleep (Luke 8:23), but as God (Yahweh), Jesus-Christ could walk on the sea (Matthew 14:24-26), rebuke the wind and the raging of the water (Luke 8: 24-25):

“But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”

Luke 8:25

Jesus Christ is the Almighty God!

As God (Yahweh), He could rebuke unclean spirits, drive out the demons, heal the sicks: indeed, The Bible declares:

“And as he was still coming, the demon threw him down and convulsed him. Then Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the child, and gave him back to his father. And they were all amazed at the majesty of God” (Luke 9:42-43).

Jesus is the Almighty God!

As God (Yahweh) He cold forgive sins:

« And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

Luke 5:21, Luke 7:49

As God (Yahweh), He could open eyes of His Disciples and vanish from their sight
(Luke 24:31).

As God (Yahweh) He is omniscient and omnipresent (Luke 19:29-35; Luke 22:10-13).

As God (Yahweh), Jesus “…had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.”

John 2:25

“then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men),”

2 Chronicles 6:30

Jesus is the Almighty God. Amen!

As God (Yahweh) He could enter a house doors of which were shut (without opening the doors) (John 20: 19),

As God (Yahweh), He could appear in the Sky in the form of light and shine around Saul (Acts 9: 1-5),

As God (Yahweh) He escape while passing through the midst of Jews without those being able to capture Him before the indicated time (Luke 4: 29-30).
The living God (Yahweh) in a body of flesh could say:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8: 58).
« Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God”.

John 5:18

“The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 10:33

A Man (Son of God), but making Himself God (God manifested in flesh).

Jesus is the Almighty God! Amen!

If these Jews had the revelation of the real nature of our Lord Jesus-Christ, they would have understood that He was called Son of God as a Man, a body of flesh, but He made Himself God because He is God manifested in the flesh, Immanuel, God with us(Matthew 1:23).

There are not two people here. There are not two or three gods but two attributes of same God (Yahweh) here.

Paul received the revelation about the real nature of Jesus-Christ. This is why he said:

“looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,”

Titus 2:13

Thomas also understood that and said to Jesus Christ: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20: 28).

“Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

(John 20:29)

O Blessed are you if you believe that Jesus is the Almighty God. Amen!

Brother Peter said:

« that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him”.

Acts 10:37-38

Moreover, it is written:

« You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

Hebrews 1:9

« God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit”, “God was with Him”, “Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You”.

All these phrases above do not mean that there are two Gods. God who is spirit was in the man Jesus-Christ, reconciling the world to Himself (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Indeed, God is one. The Bible is monotheist(Isaiah 45:5;18). All those who believe that there are two Gods are polytheists.

Jesus is not a small god beside the great God Yahweh, but He is God manifested in the flesh. In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:8-9).
Amen!

God of the Old Testament is Jesus-Christ of the New Testament. Didn’t Isaiah prophesy about the divinity of Jesus? Let us see it!

« For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”.

Isaiah 9:6

Don't you believe that the Son is the same one who is called Our Heavenly Father? Do you see two distinct people here? It is the same person who has the attributes of Father, Son, Mighty God, Counselor, Wonderful, Holy Spirit etc.
“And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”

Judges 13:18

His name is Jesus-Christ, the Almighty God who attested in front of the Jews that Moses had written of Him:

« For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5: 46 - 47).
Consequently, when suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
(Matthew 3: 17), that does not mean that God and the Man Jesus are two distinct people separate from one another.
Indeed, Jesus said:

« Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves”. (John 14: 11). In Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

However, it is not because God was fully in Jesus-Christ that He could not act any more everywhere.

Indeed, Our Lord fills Heaven and Earth (Jeremiah 23: 24; Isaiah 66: 1; Psalm 139: 7-10).

Moreover, Heaven and the Heaven of Heavens cannot contain God (2 Chronicles 6: 18).

God is omnipresent! Being on the Earth, He spoke from the Heaven:
“You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments” (Nehemiah 9: 13).

Moreover, Jesus at the right hand of God does not mean that God and Jesus are two distinct people sat one beside the other(side by side) on a throne in the Heaven, both remaining there for eternity and eternity (Acts 2: 33, 7: 56; Matthew 26: 64; Psalm 110: 1; Hebrews 12: 2).

This wiew is ridiculous and non scriptural. The right hand is a symbolic term which means “CAPACITY AND AUTHORITY”.

Jesus said that All authority has been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth (Matthew 28: 18).

Indeed, when God (Yahweh) became a Man (in Jesus) He achieves all His powerful works thanks to the capacity and the authority of this Man, Jesus (1 Timothy 2: 5).
All authority has been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth.

Consequently, Jesus at the right hand of God means that he is the power of God:

This is the reason why Brother Paul said:
« but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1Corinthians 1: 23-24).

Let us see some examples of the symbolic use of the the phrase: “Right hand”

- « Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together”.

Isaiah 48:13

- “I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved”.

Psalm 16:8

-“For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, To save him from those who condemn him”.

Psalm 109:31

- “If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me”.

Psalm 139:9-10

- “My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me”.

Psalm 63:8

- “For David says concerning Him: I foresaw the LORD always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken”.

Acts 2:25

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, in the Heaven, on the Throne, there are not two or three people seated side by side. There is only one person sitting on the Throne. He is Jesus-Christ, the true God and eternal Life (1John 5: 20).

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
Office of the Apostle?

Do you have proof that the apostolic office goes back to the 12 Apostles in an unbroken chain of Apostles laying their hands on other men throughout the centuries?

If you cannot, why should we believe in the existance of an Apostleship today?
Another point I will prove that the Trinity is TOTALLY Biblical is the very will of GOD. Have you who doubt the Trinity taken into account that JESUS and the Father have two separate wills of their own?? If they are the same person as Oneness declare, then what can Oneness do when their Oneness doctrine encounters multiple wills, separate from each other, not indicating a person undecided, but fully indicating two totally separate individuals?

Jesus himself is quoted as saying that he does nothing of his own initiative, that he did not come to do his own will, that he was sent (never implying that he was the sender as well), and that what he taught was not his. [see John 6:38, John 7:16, John 8:42]
I know, but it is necessary to state all of the facts for them to face regardless of the denial of the truth. I also just like seeing people get backed to the wall with truth at times because I'm so in-your-face with my arguments. People tend to get offended by it, but hey, when the truth is the truth, it is unavoidable, so what ever way it comes does not really matter. What truly matters above all is the TRUTH.
Such is their choice to deny the facts.
No, she need to call someone for more prooftext! LOL
May God open your eyes my brothers!

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
TRINITY = POLYTHEISM = IDOLATRY

Because:

Anthony Waston said:

"The Trinity means the union of three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in one (unified) Godhead or divinity, so that all three persons are one in unity and eternal substance, but three separate and distinct Persons as to individuality..."

HERESY!!!!

Brother Trevor also said:

“…Such an authority makes the Apostle equal to a king and a lord of lands, and makes the one who sent him "King of kings and LORD of lords". JESUS is such, for He has sent out His Apostles and rules us who He made kings and priests. However JESUS Himself was sent, and submitted to One greater than He. This One would be the FATHER Himself… »

HERESY!!!!

Brother Trevor,
Brother Anthony Waston,
Brother Rodrick Sweet,

Please, refute my following message line by line, instead of being so talkative!

Indeed, the Bible declares:

“yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”

The single God, the Father, is the Lord Jesus-Christ by Whom are all things. Amen!

Indeed, all the believers must confess that Jesus is the Son of God (John 3:16, 5:17-18; Matthew 26:63-64, 16:16; 3:17; 1 John 4:15).

“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,”

As a true Man, He died, but as God (Yahweh) He raised Himself up: “Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

The Almighty God took the form of a Man. And this body of Flesh which He called his Son is the Mediator between Him and the men.

Thus, as a true Man He could feel asleep (Luke 8:23), but as God (Yahweh), Jesus-Christ could walk on the sea (Matthew 14:24-26), rebuke the wind and the raging of the water (Luke 8: 24-25):

“But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”

As God (Yahweh), He could rebuke unclean spirits, drive out the demons, heal the sicks: indeed, The Bible declares:

“And as he was still coming, the demon threw him down and convulsed him. Then Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the child, and gave him back to his father. And they were all amazed at the majesty of God” (Luke 9:42-43).

« And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

As God (Yahweh), He could open eyes of His Disciples and vanish from their sight

As God (Yahweh) He is omniscient and omnipresent (Luke 19:29-35; Luke 22:10-13).

As God (Yahweh), Jesus “…had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.”

“then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men),”

As God (Yahweh) He could enter a house doors of which were shut (without opening the doors) (John 20: 19),

As God (Yahweh), He could appear in the Sky in the form of light and shine around Saul (Acts 9: 1-5),

As God (Yahweh) He escape while passing through the midst of Jews without those being able to capture Him before the indicated time (Luke 4: 29-30).

« Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God”.

“The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

If these Jews had the revelation of the real nature of our Lord Jesus-Christ, they would have understood that He was called Son of God as a Man, a body of flesh, but He made Himself God because He is God manifested in the flesh, Immanuel, God with us(Matthew 1:23).

There are not two people here. There are not two or three gods but two attributes of same God (Yahweh) here.

Paul received the revelation about the real nature of Jesus-Christ. This is why he said:

“looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,”

Thomas also understood that and said to Jesus Christ: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20: 28).

“Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Brother Peter said:

« that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him”.

Moreover, it is written:

« You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

« God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit”, “God was with Him”, “Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You”.

All these phrases above do not mean that there are two Gods. God who is spirit was in the man Jesus-Christ, reconciling the world to Himself (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Indeed, God is one. The Bible is monotheist(Isaiah 45:5;18). All those who believe that there are two Gods are polytheists.

Jesus is not a small god beside the great God Yahweh, but He is God manifested in the flesh. In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:8-9).
Amen!

God of the Old Testament is Jesus-Christ of the New Testament. Didn’t Isaiah prophesy about the divinity of Jesus? Let us see it!

« For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”.

Don't you believe that the Son is the same one who is called Our Heavenly Father? Do you see two distinct people here? It is the same person who has the attributes of Father, Son, Mighty God, Counselor, Wonderful, Holy Spirit etc.
“And the Angel of the LORD said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”

His name is Jesus-Christ, the Almighty God who attested in front of the Jews that Moses had written of Him:

« For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5: 46 - 47).
Consequently, when suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
(Matthew 3: 17), that does not mean that God and the Man Jesus are two distinct people separate from one another.
Indeed, Jesus said:

« Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves”. (John 14: 11). In Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

However, it is not because God was fully in Jesus-Christ that He could not act any more everywhere.

Indeed, Our Lord fills Heaven and Earth (Jeremiah 23: 24; Isaiah 66: 1; Psalm 139: 7-10).

Moreover, Heaven and the Heaven of Heavens cannot contain God (2 Chronicles 6: 18).

“You came down also on Mount Sinai, And spoke with them from heaven, And gave them just ordinances and true laws, Good statutes and commandments” (Nehemiah 9: 13).

Moreover, Jesus at the right hand of God does not mean that God and Jesus are two distinct people sat one beside the other(side by side) on a throne in the Heaven, both remaining there for eternity and eternity (Acts 2: 33, 7: 56; Matthew 26: 64; Psalm 110: 1; Hebrews 12: 2).

This wiew is ridiculous and non scriptural. The right hand is a symbolic term which means “CAPACITY AND AUTHORITY”.

Jesus said that All authority has been given to Him in Heaven and on Earth (Matthew 28: 18).

Indeed, when God (Yahweh) became a Man (in Jesus) He achieves all His powerful works thanks to the capacity and the authority of this Man, Jesus (1 Timothy 2: 5).

« but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1Corinthians 1: 23-24).

- « Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together”.

- “I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved”.

-“For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor, To save him from those who condemn him”.

- “If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me”.

- “For David says concerning Him: I foresaw the LORD always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken”.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, in the Heaven, on the Throne, there are not two or three people seated side by side. There is only one person sitting on the Throne. He is Jesus-Christ, the true God and eternal Life (1John 5: 20).

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
please us a good Bible dictionary to do but, still you will not believe. I am sorry for writing "she" in you last post, doing more that one thing while at work. blessings
AGAIN, I SAY:

TRINITY = POLYTHEISM = IDOLATRY

Because:

Anthony Waston said:

"The Trinity means the union of three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in one (unified) Godhead or divinity, so that all three persons are one in unity and eternal substance, but three separate and distinct Persons as to individuality..."

HERESY!!!!

Brother Trevor also said:

HERESY!!!!

Brother Trevor,
Brother Anthony Waston,
Brother Rodrick Sweet,

Please, refute my following message line by line, instead of being so talkative!

Indeed, the Bible declares:

Brother Peter said:

Moreover, it is written:

Amen!

Indeed, Jesus said:

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
Brother Germain
Let me try this!

The Historical Basis for the Unity of God

The Early Church Father on the Unity of God
Tertullian:
I testify that the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are inseparable from each other…My assertion is that the Father is one, the Son is one, and the Spirit is one—and that they are all distinct from each other.

Irenaeus:
One God the Father is declared, above all, through all, and in all. The Father is indeed above all, and He is the Head of Christ. But the Word is through all things and is Himself the Head of the church. While the Spirit is in us all, and He is the living water.

The Medieval Church Fathers on the Unity of God
Augustine:
This Trinity is One God. And, although it is a Trinity, it is nonetheless simple. For, we do not say that the nature of this good is simple because the Father alone shares in it, or the Son alone, or the Holy Spirit alone. They [the angles] know this Word and the Father and their Holy Spirit, understanding that this Trinity is indivisible and that each of the Persons is substantial, although there are not three Gods but only one. (City of God. 11.10, 11.29)

Anselm:
“First, all three together are one supreme essence (even though each, perfectly, is the supreme essence). And the one supreme essence cannot exist without itself, outside itself, or greater or less than itself.”

Thomas Aquinas:
If there were any inequality in the divine persons, they would not have the same essence; and thus the three persons would not be one God; which is impossible. We must therefore admit equality among the divine persons. …God is the same as His essence or nature. To understand this, it must be noted that in things composed of matter and form… Since God then is not composed of matter and form, He must be His own Godhead, His own Life, and whatever else is predicated of Him.

The Reformation Fathers on the Unity of God

Martin Luther:
We have had to use the word Person just as the fathers also have used it, for we have no better term. It signifies nothing else than hypostasis, a Being or Substance which exists of itself, and is God. There are indeed three distinct Persons, but only one God or single Godhead.

John Calvin:
“The essence of God being simple and undivided, and contained in himself entire, in full perfection, without partition or diminution, it is improper, nay, ridiculous, to call it his express image.”

2.The Deity of Three: three persons are called God.

a.The Father is God. [see verses above; also 1 Cor. 8:6; Eph 4:6]

b.Jesus is the Son of God—equally God.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 5:17-18 But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working." (18) For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.
Rom 9:5 whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
Phil 2:5-6 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, (6) who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Col 1:15-17 And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. (16) For by Him all things were created, {both} in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created by Him and for Him. (17) And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
Col 1:15-17 And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation. (16) For by Him all things were created, {both} in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created by Him and for Him.
Col 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
Heb 1:8 But of the Son {He says} "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.

c.The Holy Spirit is God.
Acts 5:3-4 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back {some} of the price of the land? (4) "While it remained {unsold,} did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God."
Heb 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
John 14:16 "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;

3.Three-in-Oneness
…We conclude that God must be understood as three-in-one, or triune. The trinity is suggested in Scripture in several ways:
a.The usual form of the word God in the OT is Elohim. This word is plural but is often used with singular verbs. (Gen. 1:1)
b.Other plural forms are also used.
Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
c.The three persons are often linked together in unity and apparent equality.
Pastor Rodrick Sweet, that was good to quote Church history, but lets take that a step further. How about quoting the first three Apostolic Fathers, men trained and ordained Bishops directly by the Apostles themselves:

Bishop Clement of Rome

Let us cleave, therefore, to the innocent and righteous, since these are the elect of God. Why are there strifes, and tumults, and divisions, and schisms, and wars among you? Have we not [all] one God and one Christ? Is there not one Spirit of grace poured out upon us? And have we not one calling in Christ?” (Epistle of Clement 46:17,18).

Bishop Ignatius of Antioch

"For they speak of Christ, not that they may preach Christ, but that they may reject Christ; and they speak of the law, not that they may establish the law, but that they may proclaim things contrary to it. For they alienate Christ from the Father, and the law from Christ. They also calumniate His being born of the Virgin; they are ashamed of His cross; they deny His passion; and they do not believe His resurrection. They introduce God as a Being unknown; they suppose Christ to be unbegotten; and as to the Spirit, they do not admit that He exists. Some of them say that the Son is a mere man, and that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are but the same person, and that the creation is the work of God, not by Christ, but by some other strange power." (Epistle to the Trallians, Ch. VI).

… being united and elected through the true passion by the will of the Father, and Jesus Christ, our God …" (Ignatius to the Ephesians 1:1).

But our Physician is the only true God, the unbegotten and unapproachable, the Lord of all, the Father and Begetter of the only-begotten Son. We have also as a Physician the Lord our God, Jesus the Christ, the only-begotten Son and Word, before time began, but who afterwards became also man, of Mary the virgin. For ‘the Word was made flesh.'”(Ignatius to the Ephesians 7:6-8).

For our God, Jesus Christ, was, according to the appointment of God, conceived in the womb by Mary, of the seed of David, but by the Holy Ghost” (Ignatius to the Ephesians 18:2,3).

… in one faith, and in Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David according to the flesh, being both the Son of man and the Son of God …” (Ignatius to the Ephesians 20:2).

I commend the Churches, in which I pray for a union both of the flesh and spirit of Jesus Christ, the constant source of our life, and of faith and love, to which nothing is to be preferred, but especially of Jesus and the Father, in whom, if we endure all the assaults of the prince of this world, and escape them, we shall enjoy God.” (Ignatius to the Magnesians 1:2).

He, being begotten by the Father before the beginning of time, was God the Word, the only-begotten Son, and remains the same for ever; for ‘of His kingdom there shall be no end,’ says Daniel the prophet.” (Ignatius to the Magnesians 6:4-6).

On this account also they were persecuted, being inspired by grace to fully convince the unbelieving that there is one God, the Almighty, who has manifested Himself by Jesus Christ His Son, who is His Word, not spoken, but essential. For He is not the voice of an articulate utterance, but a substance begotten by divine power, who has in all things pleased Him that sent Him” (Ignatius to the Magnesians 8:4,5).

Bishop Polycarp of Smyrna

"For I trust that ye are well versed in the Sacred Scriptures, and that nothing is hid from you; but to me this privilege is not yet granted. It is declared then in these Scriptures, "Be ye angry, and sin not," and, "Let not the sun go down upon your wrath." Happy is he who remembers this, which I believe to be the case with you. But may the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ Himself, who is the Son of God, and our everlasting High Priest, build you up in faith and truth, and in all meekness, gentleness, patience, long-suffering, forbearance, and purity; and may He bestow on you a lot and portion among His saints, and on us with you, and on all that are under heaven, who shall believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, and in His Father, who "raised Him from the dead. Pray for all the saints. Pray also for kings, and potentates, and princes, and for those that persecute and hate you, and for the enemies of the cross, that your fruit may be manifest to all, and that ye may be perfect in Him" [Epistle to the Phillipians, Exhortation To Various Graces, Chapter 12].

“But may the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ Himself, who is the Son of God, and our everlasting High Priest, build you up in faith and truth, and in all meekness, gentleness, patience, long-suffering, forbearance, and purity; and may He bestow on you a lot and portion among His saints, and on us with you, and on all that are under heaven, who shall believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, and in His Father, who raised Him from the dead” (Epistle of Polycarp 12:2).

Mind you, all three were ordained and trained by Apostles Peter and John and were hundreds of years before the dominance and corruption of the Roman Catholic Church. What more can be said of Church history?? Anything less is pure ignorance, dancing on the line of stupidity, and running in the pack of rebellion.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service