Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sis EW,

You said the Holy Spirit had not yet come...where was the Holy Spirit in Gen 1:2

And you said a body for Jesus had not been prepared...Why would He need a body in Genesis in order to engage with mankind?? Does He need a body in 2009 to engage with us??

To address your question of ONE yet distinct, I will remain in Genesis. What does the word "man" mean in Genesis 1:26-22?

In particular vs. 27 which reads:
God created "man" in His own image, in the image of God created He "him"; male and female He created "them".

Why is it so easy to understand that there is ONE man(kind) but that ONE man(kind) is both male and female yet one?

When we say mankind do we discount female and only think male?

While we are not a "divine expression" of God as some say Jesus in bodily form is, are we not a direct expression of His image?

PARABLES
In response to your comment about parables: while what you say is true Jesus also used parables as indirect verbal assault on the religious elite while at the same time revealing a spiritual truth to all those hungry to understand Truth. Mark 12:1-12

Using the same book and chapter you used...most times He used parables to Reveal the hidden mysteries of the kingdom of God "since the FOUNDATION of the world.". Matt 13:34

In Matt as well as the other gospels, Jesus explained the parables so that what was unknown or hidden about the kingdom of God could be revealed as well as understood. He "put it out there" per se and it was up to the hearers to receive or reject. So the very scripture you used could also be used "towards" you not for you.

So I must ask is your answer to why use plural pronouns is that Gen 1:26 was the first recorded parable and Gen 1:27 was the explanation???
Rev.5
[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

"...the SEVEN spirits of God..."

So just how many are in this God head now?

UNDERSTANDING THE GODHEAD. ONLY FOR THE HUNGRY.

The early church in it's simplicity and simple Faith in God, believed in One God; and that God was all in all to them. He was their Father in creation, their Saviour manifested in Jesus Christ and their Salvation in the form of the Holy Spirit 'in' them. It was not until after the death of the 'original' apostles, and false apostles (Revelation 2:2) entered the church, that the Godhead became an issue. These false apostles began to bring heresey into the church, attempting to "organize" the Christian Faith and excerise "control" over the laity. In Revelation 2:6 Jesus identified this in the first Church Age (Ephesus) as "the deeds of the Nicolaitanes". By the third Church Age (Pergamos) these 'deeds' had become a 'doctrine', called 'the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes' (Revelation 2:15). Now, most of the Christian movement had become "organized" under the "control" of man. Those opposing the teachings of this Nicolaitane (conquer the laity) form of christianity were put to death.

The Nicolaitane influence continued to grow in the church, causing more and more controversy and division. Peter's prophecy had come to pass. In 2nd Peter 2:1 he warned the Saints, saying, "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in d**nable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." One of those d**nable heresies was the teaching of the trinity - three person concept of the Godhead.

During the Apostolic Age of the early Church the Doctrine of the Trinity was unheard of. The early church did not believe in three persons in the Godhead. They believed in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - simply believing that each was a "despensational manifestation" of One and the same God. But with organized religion came intellectual theologians, without Spiritual revelation. They took it upon themselves to take the understanding of the Word out of the hands of the Holy Ghost and place it in the hands of the 'clergy' of the organized church. Until finally, during the dark ages, the organized anti-christ church forbid the ordinary person to read the Scriptures, causing them to depend entirely on the clergy for spiritual guidance or rather, mis-guidance.

It was NOT until after the apostolic age that the theory of three persons in the Godhead was introduced into the Church. Slowly but surely, the theologians were making the Godhead an issue which eventually caused divisions within the Christian community. Finally, in 325 A.D. Emperor Constantine called for a meeting of all the Bishops of the "organized" church to settle the dispute. Hundreds of others attended this meeting to express their views. There were about fifteen hundred delegates in all; and the laity outnumbered the bishops five to one in the delegation. At this, the first of all "Ecumenical Councils", held in Nicaea (now Iznik, Turkey) in 325 A.D., the subject of the Godhead became an issue and a cardinal doctrine, causing a two way split among the people. But in spite of the large number of lay people present, opposing the idea of 'three persons' in the Godhead, the Nicolaitanes (cold, formal clergy), organized religion and Constantine's political plan out-maneuvered and out-voted the true church.

The vast majority of Roman Bishops came away from that council believing in three persons in the Godhead, thus believing in three Gods. But the true church, under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, maintained their Scriptural stand that God is ONE - not three; Because the Revelation through John by the Spirit to the churches was, "I am the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am ALL of it - the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty. There isn't any other God". And He put His seal on this Revelation. The organized church of Rome became so powerful that it began a campaign of persecution of the "True Church, eventually, putting 68,000,000 of them to death.

Foxe's Book of Martyrs clearly details the 'brutality' with which organized Nicolaitane religion, in the form of the Roman Catholic Church, brutally murdered 68,000,000 protestants. Make no wonder, John, in the Book of Revelation said that 'she' (the false Nicolaitane church) was "drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the marytrs of Jesus" (Revelation 17:6).

Still, after 1700 years no other Doctrine is as "sacred" to Traditional organized Christianity (both Roman Catholic and Protestant) as the doctrine of the 'Trinity'. To the 'traditional Christian' the teaching of the 'three person' concept of the Godhead is a 'precious jewel' in their Christian confession. Dare anyone, even God Himself, challenge the Scripturalness of it. Most professing Christians turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the truth of where the trinity - three person concept of God originated from the Roman Catholic Church. The tradition of the elders have made a false trinity doctrine the cornerstone of the Christian Faith. For this they will answer to God

Concerning the Godhead, William Branham made the following statement in a Message entitled, 'Abraham's Covenant Confirmed' (1961): "I am not 'Jesus Only'...I'm not Oneness. Not at all. I'm not trintiy either. I'm a Christian. I believe in God. I believe in God manifested in three offices. NOW, His office is in my heart, in your heart. Not another God somewhere else; another God somewhere else; and another God somewhere else. That's as pagan as pagan can be. NEVER one time was that even thought of until the Nicene Council. find it in the Bible, or find it in history - till that time - it's not there."

Though he embraced the "Oneness" formula for water baptism - in the NAME of the Lord Jesus Christ, William Branham's view of the Godhead is far from the "Unitarian" concept or the concept preached by the United Pentecostal Church. Yet, the teaching of "three persons' in the Godhead is so ingrained in the people that to question it's validity is immediately called heresy and branded as a 'cult'. The Churches which follow the Message brought by William Branham have long been listed as cults; but recently, on the internet, some self-proclaimed 'cult expert' branded the United Pentecostal Church as a cult - all because they don't believe in the trinity. This is ridiculous - No where, in Scripture are we "commanded" or asked to believe in 'three persons' in the Godhead???

The first of the Ten Commandments gives instruction concerning how many Gods we are to have - "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:3). Notice, it says 'me' not 'us'. To interpret the word "us" in Genesis 1:26 as referring to a pluralty of persons in the Godhead is to say that there are three Gods. The term "us" is mentioned again in Genesis 11:7 and in Genesis 18. In Genesis 18 the "us" comes down to commune with Abraham. "One" of them is the LORD (Jehovah) Himself in human form. Abraham bowed to this One, calling Him (capital) "LORD". The other two were Angels in human form.

Because of the use of the plural pronoun in Genesis 1:26, this Scripture reference is used extensively by trinitarian theologians in their attempt to prove a 'three person' concept of the Godhead. But they fail to perceive that this is God's way of indicating, not a plurality of persons, but of offices or manifestations of the same God. Down through the ages, since the beginning of time, He has revealed Himself to man in many different 'forms' and different ways. But He forever remains the ONE and self-same Being.

Trinitarians also point out the use of the plural name "Elohim" in Genesis 1:1, saying that it conclusively indicates 'persons' in the Godhead. Elohim, however, is used to depict other Old Testament deities (whether real or imaginary). Baal, Judges 6:31 and Beelzebub, 2nd Kings 1:2 are both called "Elohim", but they were not trinities. Therefore the word, "Elohim" does not express a plurality of persons but of attributes and of majesty. In the ancient theaters of hundreds of years ago an 'actor' could be called "Elohim" because it was the custom for 'one' actor to portray many characters in the same play, simply by changing from one mask to another - but he was still ONE person, playing many different characters.

Without 'spiritual revelation' most people are stumbled by such terms as 'we' and 'us'. Of course, taking the terminology out of the context of the whole Revelation of the Godhead leads the carnal mind to conclude that there must be three persons in the Godhead. They count: the Father (1) + the Son (1) + the Holy Ghost (1) = 3. But with Divine 'Spiritual revelation', the Believer starts with the Great Eternal Spirit - for God is a Spirit - He is the Holy Spirit; and out of the Holy Spirit came the Fatherhood despensation, the Sonship despensation and the Holy Ghost (Spirit) despensation - three manifestations of the ONE God. God above us in the Fatherhood; God with us in the Sonship; and God in us by the Holy Ghost.

Without a doubt, the majority of denominational, non-denominational and inter-denominational church members have yet to acknowledge the Truth that has now been accepted by most Christian intellectuals for decades - the Truth that a belief in a trinity of "Three Persons" (in the Godhead), in modern language is nothing less than tri-theism - a belief in "three God's". The distinguished theologian, Dr. Hans Kung, in his book, Being A Christian, (1976, p.446) wrote, "The monotheistic faith taken over from Israel...must never be abondoned in any doctrine of the Trinity. There is no God but God."

Yet that is exactly what denominational Christianity did - they abondoned the "one" God of Israel in favor of a three-headed monstrosity called "The Holy Trinity". It is anything but "holy". In fact the Bible speaks of "three unclean spirits" like frogs, coming out of the mouth of the Dragon, the Beast and the false prophet (Rev. 16:13). The True Prophet of God to this Endtime Age said that these 'three unclean spirits' is the "three person trinity" teaching which was introduced into the Church in 325 A.D. It is one of the biggest deceptions which the Devil has pushed over on the church since the Serpent persuaded Eve that the fruit of the forbidden tree would make her wise 'like God'. But the carnal wisdom and knowledge she inherited was bitter and not better - she could well have done without it.

The church world could well do without the Trinity teaching concept of 'three persons' in the Godhead. For some protestants the teaching of a Saturday-Sabbath or some other doctrine is the key to their experience and relationship with God; to the vast majority of protestants the trinity teaching seems to be the cornerstone of their faith. With the same fervor with which patriotic citizens sing their national anthem, even so the trinitarians sing "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty; God in three persons, Blessed Trinity". Such an idea flies in the face of not only common sense but more importantly, the HOLY Scriptures.

It is written......

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God............................................... .................................................. ..........John 10:32-33
Because Jesus claimed to be God - not 'one-third' part of God, but God Himself, the pharisees were about to stone Him to death. In John chapter 8 they again wanted to stone Him when He said, "Before Abraham was, I AM." He declared Himself to be the "I AM" (verses 58-59). When God commissioned Moses to go down into Egypt to bring Israel out of bondage He identified Himself to Moses as the "I AM" - NOT the "WE ARE". Jesus plainly declared Himself to be the "I AM".

In Isaiah 44:6 The Jehovah of the Old Testament identified Himself to Israel with these words:

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I the first, and I the last; and beside me no God.
In Revelation 1:8, 11 the Jesus of the New Testament identified Himself to the Church with these words:

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.....the First and the Last.
Therefore, the Jehovah of the Old Testament is the Jesus of the New Testament. All these expressions, 'Alpha', 'Omega', 'beginning', 'ending', `Him Which Is', and `Him Which Was', and `Is To Come', and 'the Almighty' are titles and descriptions of the ONE AND THE SAME PERSON - the Lord Jesus Christ, Who washed us from our sins in His own blood. We have been redeemed with the 'blood of God'. Paul in Acts 20:28 said. "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood." After Jesus had experienced death, burial and resurrection, Thomas, in John 20:28 declared Him to be "My Lord and my God". 1st. John 5:20 declares Jesus Christ to be "the True God, and eternal Life". Romans 9:5 also declares Jesus Christ to be God - Supreme Deity. The references goes on and on.

The Spirit of God in John, especially in the Book of Revelation, clearly expresses the Supreme Deity of Jesus Christ and reveals the Godhead as ONE God. Still man insists on telling God that He is 'three' and not 'one'. With the carnal mind, man 'starts' with the Father and says: The Father is God; then the Son is God; and of course the Holy Spirit is God; therefore, that makes three persons. But the 'spiritual' mind 'starts' with "One God" and says: God is the Father; God is the Son; and God is the Holy Spirit - One God in three major manifestations of His Character! The Trinity - three person concept of the Godhead is a carnal interpretation of a spiritual revelation - hidden from the eyes of the wise and prudent and revealed to babes such as would learn (Matthew 11:2. As we have already stated above - to have 'three persons' is to have 'three Gods'. THERE'S NO WAY AROUND IT! By reading some of this statements on here I can ask you this question> Is Jesus in the Godhead ? Or is the God head in Jesus?

My bible tells me in Colossians 2:8-9 (King James Version)

8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Scripture Base for this study:
John 8:24 (KJV)
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Questions to be pursued and answered:
1. What name did our Savior come in? Work in? And declare unto the world?
2. What is the name of the Father? And of the Son? And of the Holy Ghost?
3. What did Jesus mean when he said that we must know he is the "I am He" or we will die in our sins?
4. Are there 3 'persons' in the Godhead or 3 'manifestations' of the ONE GOD? or does it really matter if we know or not?
Scriptural Answer:
1. God (the Father) of the Old Testament declares that one day 'all will know His name' and that He is the 'I am he'.
Isaiah 52:6 (KJV)
6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

2. God declares that in that day there will be One King who is the ONE LORD and He will have only ONE NAME.
Zechariah 14:9 (KJV)
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

3. The Father's name is what all the family in heaven and earth is named after.
Ephesians 3:14-15 (KJV)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

4. Jesus came in His Father's name.
John 5:43 (KJV)
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

5. Jesus said He was the Father.
John 10:30 (KJV)
30 I and my Father are one.

6. Holy Ghost/Spirit was the father of the Son-Jesus.
Matthew 1:18 (KJV)
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 1:20 (KJV)
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
Luke 1:35 (KJV)
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

7. Jesus inherited His Father's name.
Hebrews 1:4 (KJV)
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

8. An angel of the Father named Jesus.
Matthew 1:20-21 (KJV)
20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Luke 1:30-31 (KJV)
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

9. Jesus name is higher than any other name, in heaven, on earth or under the earth.
Philippians 2:9-10 (KJV)
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

10. Jesus came in the name of the LORD.
Matthew 21:9 (KJV)
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
Matthew 23:39 (KJV)
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Mark 11:9-10 (KJV)
9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
Luke 13:35 (KJV)
35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Luke 19:38 (KJV)
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
John 12:13 (KJV)
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

11. The Father is the only LORD.
Isaiah 37:16 (KJV)
16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.
Isaiah 43:3 (KJV)
3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
Isaiah 43:11 (KJV)
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Isaiah 43:15 (KJV)
15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
Isaiah 45:5-6 (KJV)
5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:18 (KJV)
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

12. Only One LORD, One Faith and One Baptism.
Ephesians 4:5 (KJV)
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

13. Jesus is coming back in the name of the LORD.
35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.

14. Jesus is both LORD and CHRIST.
Matthew 1:16 (KJV)
16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 2:4 (KJV)
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Acts 2:36 (KJV)
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 7:59 (KJV)
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

15. The Father is the only Immanuel.
Isaiah 8:8 (KJV)
8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.
Isaiah 8:10 (KJV)
10 Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

16. Jesus is the only Immanuel/Emmanuel.
Isaiah 7:14 (KJV)
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Matthew 1:23 (KJV)
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Acts 15:14 (KJV)
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
2 Timothy 2:16 (KJV)
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17. Jesus did all work in His Father's name.
John 10:25 (KJV)
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

18. Jesus is the name of the Holy Ghost/Comforter.
John 14:26 (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

19. The Holy Spirit/Ghost/Comforter was the Father of Jesus.
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

20. Jesus is the Comforter.
Notice in these following verses that the Holy Ghost/Spirit is to come to the disciples yet it is Jesus who is the one coming back to live inside of them.
John 14:16-18 (KJV)
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (Note: In the original Greek reading this verse actually reads: "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another way to be comforted". [W. E. Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words - The word Comforter or Consoler corresponds to the name 'Menahem', given by the Hebrews to the Messiah, so every Jew at that time knew who and what that 'comforter' is and would be - Jesus Himself] and then in verses 18 and 28 we see what that other way is, it is Jesus in spirit form coming back to live within us. Remember in Hebrews 13:5 Paul speaking of the Lord, who we know is Jesus, quotes part of 1 Kings 8:57 "for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" and by these verses we see that Jesus never left us but lives in us via our own personal Pentecostal experience of Acts 2 as the Holy Ghost/Spirit.)
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:28 (KJV)
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

21. The Father is the 'I am he'.
Isaiah 41:4 (KJV)
4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Isaiah 43:10 (KJV)
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isaiah 43:13 (KJV)
13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
Isaiah 43:25 (KJV)
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Isaiah 48:12 (KJV)
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.
6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.

22. Jesus is the 'I am he'.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

23. The Father's name is called Jesus.
Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 45:15 (KJV)
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour. (Note: The word 'Saviour' here is the Hebrew word 'Yehoshua' and actually means 'Jehovah saves' and can properly be translated as the name Jesus for if you remember the name or word Jesus [Strong's Exhaustive concordance #2424 'Iesous' in Greek or in English would be 'Yahweh saves] means 'Saviour' so we see that the God of Israel is the Saviour/Jesus. The Greek word or name Iesous is translated ‘-Jesus’ 964 times, ‘Jesus’ 10 times and ‘him’ once in the KJV.
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

24. Jesus' name is called the name of the Everlasting Father.
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

25. The Father is the only 'Almighty God'.
Genesis 17:1 (KJV)
1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Ezekiel 10:5 (KJV)
5 And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.

26. Jesus is the only 'Almighty God'.
2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV)
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Revelation 1:1 (KJV) Note: The whole book of Revelation is about Jesus, Who He is and What He is. Notice the first five words of verse one 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ'. Those words set the stage for the entire rest of the book. It’s all about Jesus.
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Revelation 4:8 (KJV)
8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Revelation 15:3 (KJV)
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
Revelation 16:7 (KJV)
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
Revelation 19:6 (KJV)
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Revelation 21:22 (KJV)
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

27. The Father is the First and the Last.
Isaiah 44:6 (KJV)
6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

28. Jesus is the First and the Last.
Revelation 1:11 (KJV)
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:17 (KJV)
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

29. In Jesus is the fullness of all that is God and He is the Head of all.
Colossians 2:9-10 (KJV)
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

30. The Father is the one and only Savior.
3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Isaiah 45:21 (KJV)
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? Who hath told it from that time? Have not I the LORD? And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isaiah 63:8 (KJV)
8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

Insert:
There are 19 compound names or titles of God in the Bible and they are:

Compound Names of Jehovah-Jesus in the Bible

Category: 19 Jehovah compound-titles or names in the Old Testament and one duplicated or carried over into the New Testament.
Not all locations of each individual compound name are given but just a sample so as to establish the usage and application of each.

Overview
1. Jehovah-Adonai The Lord Our Sovereign Genesis 15:2, 8
(Master Jehovah)
2. Jehovah-Elohav The Lord My God Psalm 7:1; Zech. 14:5
3. Jehovah-Eloheenu The Lord Our God Psalm 99:5, 8, 9
4. Jehovah-Eloheka The Lord Thy God Exodus 20:2, 5
5. Jehovah-Elohim The Eternal Creator Genesis 1:1-7, 26
6. Jehovah-Elyon The Lord Our Most High God Psalm 7:17; 47:2; 97:9
7. Jehovah-Gmolah The Lord Our Recompense Jeremiah 51:56
8. Jehovah-Hoseenu The Lord Our Maker Psalm 95:6
9: Jehovah-Jireh The Lord Will See or Will Provide Genesis 22:14
(Our Provider)
10. Jehovah-Makkeh The Lord That Smites Ezekiel 7:9
11. Jehovah-M’Kaddesh or Medaddishiem The Lord Our Sanctifier Exodus 31:13; Lev. 20:8
(The Lord That Doth Sanctify You)
12. Jehovah-Nissi The Lord Our Banner Exodus 17:15
13. Jehovah-Rohi or Ra-ah The Lord My Shepherd Psalm 23:1
14. Jehovah-Rapheda or Rapha or Raphe The Lord Our Healer Exodus 15:26
(The Lord That Healeth Thee)
15. Jehovah-Saboath The Lord Of Hosts 1 Samuel 1:3; Ps. 24:10
16. Jehovah-Shalom The Lord Our Peace Judges 6:23-24
17. Jehovah-Shammah The Lord Is Present Ezekiel 48:35
(The Lord Is There)
18. Jehovah-Tsidkeenu or Tsidkenu The Lord Our Righteousness Jeremiah 23:6, 33:16
19. Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua
The Lord Is Savior Isaiah 49:26; Matt 1:21
(The Lord Is Jesus)

Details of #19
Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua (- most common form) or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua – The Lord Is Savior or The Lord Is Jesus
Isaiah 49:26 (Used in Old Testament 13 times)
And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua) and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Isaiah 60:16
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua) and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua) his people from their sins.

31. Jesus is the one and only Savior.
Matthew 1:21 (KJV)
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Matthew 18:11 (KJV)
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Luke 19:10 (KJV)
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
John 12:47 (KJV)
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
1 Timothy 1:15 (KJV)
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

32. No other name under heaven given unto us that we MUST BE SAVED BY.
Acts 4:12 (KJV)
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Hebrews 2:3 (KJV)
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

33. Everything we do in 'word' or 'deed' must be done in His one name, that precious name of 'Jesus Christ'. The one total and complete name of the Eternal, Everlasting, Almighty God = Jesus Christ.
Colossians 3:17 (KJV)
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Wow! What a Bible Study that was. Amen!
Let me give a summary of what we've learned:
The 'NAME' of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost/Spirit or Comforter is Jesus Christ. To not know this truth is to not know He is the 'I am He' of John 8:24 the verse we started out with earlier on this topic.
And to not know that is to suffer the fate like those of Matthew 7:21-23 who 'used His name' but 'didn't know His name' as the single only name of the true God.
Trinitarians claims they know Jesus Christ but not if They don't use His Name in water baptism.
The trinity is simply not biblical.
God's inspired word says; "...which are the seven Spirits of God..."!

Now you come along and say, "...The "seven spirits of God" does not suggest or imply that God has seven spirits."

I'm sorry if this does NOT go along with your doctrine of the trinity, but I must go with the scriptures.

Now if the scriptures says these are, "...the seven Spirits of God..." then who should I believe? You? Or God's inspired word?

I'll tell you what....Try reading John 17 if you REALLY what to know how the Father and Christ are one. And it's no mystery, nor some hard to understand formula dealing with substance or the like. It's just Jesus Christ telling us how Him and the Father are one.

Once you understand that, you will then see just how Jesus Christ and the church are one. How the Holy spirit is one with the Father and the Son. And how ALL that have the same message are one.

Here is just ONE verse that should let you know the Holy Spirit is a seperate being from Christ;

Luke.12
[10] And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Now for those that believe in the trinity, how can you speak a word against the Son and be forgiven, but NOT be forgiven when the same is done against the Holy Ghost?

Here is one more;

Mark.13
[32] But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

So the Father and the Son are one, but the Son has no idea when the Father will tell Him when He will return.

Does not look like much communication is going on up in heaven.

Does not sound like the doctrine of the trinity to me. Sound like the seperatist doctrine to me.

Sorry if I seem to be hostile in my communication. One of the cons of writing verses being able to see and hear the other person.

Next, you said this is what YOU believe, but that is not what we are to go on. For the scripture says; "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 2 Pet.1:20

All I'm asking is for you to do as the scripture says;

1Thes.5
[21] Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
2Tim.4
[5] "...make full proof of thy ministry."
2Tim.3
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Now I have given some verses where Jesus tells us just how He and the Father and ALL that come with the same message are one. It does not come close to the description of what the trinity is.

I proved it through the scripture with Book, Chapter and verse.

Now you say, "There is only one Spirit in the Divine Godhead, and that is, the third Person of the Divine Godhead, the Holy Spirit." So here is your chance to do the samething.

Prove what you believe through God's inspired word. Direct me to the Book, Chapter and verse where it states that God's Holy Spirit is God.

I can prove that Jesus is a God through the scriptures. I can prove the one that we have come to know as the Father is a God through the scriptures. But no where EVER will you find that the Holy Spirit is a God.

Here's something to think about while you attempt to find what you believe.

God's Holy Spirit is simply the Holy Angels that did not side with Satan. Satan's angels are EVIL Spirits, while God's angels are Holy Spirits, sometimes called Holy Ghosts or the Angel of the Lord, or the Spirit of truth. Let's read;

John.16
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So when we read, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." 1 John 5:7, this is true. They all are one. Just the way Jesus told us they are one in John 17.

I hope you at least take the time to read John 17 for yourself to see just how Jesus explains how He, the Father, the Church and ALL that bring the SAME message are one.

Then go back and try to make sense out of man's made up trinity doctrine.

And if I seem a little pushy.....it's because God's word says that's what we ought to do sometimes. Let's read it;

2Tim.3
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That's what the scriptures are for; for reproof and correction.

Scripture Base for this study:
Questions to be pursued and answered:
1. What name did our Savior come in? Work in? And declare unto the world?
2. What is the name of the Father? And of the Son? And of the Holy Ghost?
3. What did Jesus mean when he said that we must know he is the "I am He" or we will die in our sins?
4. Are there 3 'persons' in the Godhead or 3 'manifestations' of the ONE GOD? or does it really matter if we know or not?
Scriptural Answer:
1. God (the Father) of the Old Testament declares that one day 'all will know His name' and that He is the 'I am he'.

2. God declares that in that day there will be One King who is the ONE LORD and He will have only ONE NAME.

3. The Father's name is what all the family in heaven and earth is named after.

4. Jesus came in His Father's name.
John 5:43 (KJV)
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

5. Jesus said He was the Father.
John 10:30 (KJV)
30 I and my Father are one.

6. Holy Ghost/Spirit was the father of the Son-Jesus.

7. Jesus inherited His Father's name.
Hebrews 1:4 (KJV)
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

8. An angel of the Father named Jesus.
Matthew 1:20-21 (KJV)
Luke 1:30-31 (KJV)
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

9. Jesus name is higher than any other name, in heaven, on earth or under the earth.
Philippians 2:9-10 (KJV)
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

10. Jesus came in the name of the LORD.
Matthew 21:9 (KJV)
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
Matthew 23:39 (KJV)
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Mark 11:9-10 (KJV)
9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
John 12:13 (KJV)
13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

11. The Father is the only LORD.
Isaiah 37:16 (KJV)
16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.
Isaiah 43:15 (KJV)
15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
Isaiah 45:5-6 (KJV)
5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:18 (KJV)
18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

12. Only One LORD, One Faith and One Baptism.
Ephesians 4:5 (KJV)
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

13. Jesus is coming back in the name of the LORD.

14. Jesus is both LORD and CHRIST.
Matthew 1:16 (KJV)
16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
Matthew 2:4 (KJV)
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Acts 2:36 (KJV)
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 7:59 (KJV)
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

15. The Father is the only Immanuel.
Isaiah 8:8 (KJV)
8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.
Isaiah 8:10 (KJV)
10 Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

16. Jesus is the only Immanuel/Emmanuel.
Isaiah 7:14 (KJV)
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Matthew 1:23 (KJV)
23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Acts 15:14 (KJV)
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
2 Timothy 2:16 (KJV)
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17. Jesus did all work in His Father's name.
John 10:25 (KJV)
25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

18. Jesus is the name of the Holy Ghost/Comforter.
John 14:26 (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

19. The Holy Spirit/Ghost/Comforter was the Father of Jesus.

20. Jesus is the Comforter.
Notice in these following verses that the Holy Ghost/Spirit is to come to the disciples yet it is Jesus who is the one coming back to live inside of them.
John 14:16-18 (KJV)
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; (Note: In the original Greek reading this verse actually reads: "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another way to be comforted". [W. E. Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words - The word Comforter or Consoler corresponds to the name 'Menahem', given by the Hebrews to the Messiah, so every Jew at that time knew who and what that 'comforter' is and would be - Jesus Himself] and then in verses 18 and 28 we see what that other way is, it is Jesus in spirit form coming back to live within us. Remember in Hebrews 13:5 Paul speaking of the Lord, who we know is Jesus, quotes part of 1 Kings 8:57 "for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" and by these verses we see that Jesus never left us but lives in us via our own personal Pentecostal experience of Acts 2 as the Holy Ghost/Spirit.)
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:28 (KJV)
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

21. The Father is the 'I am he'.
Isaiah 41:4 (KJV)
4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Isaiah 43:10 (KJV)
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Isaiah 43:13 (KJV)
13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
Isaiah 43:25 (KJV)
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

22. Jesus is the 'I am he'.

23. The Father's name is called Jesus.
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour. (Note: The word 'Saviour' here is the Hebrew word 'Yehoshua' and actually means 'Jehovah saves' and can properly be translated as the name Jesus for if you remember the name or word Jesus [Strong's Exhaustive concordance #2424 'Iesous' in Greek or in English would be 'Yahweh saves] means 'Saviour' so we see that the God of Israel is the Saviour/Jesus. The Greek word or name Iesous is translated ‘-Jesus’ 964 times, ‘Jesus’ 10 times and ‘him’ once in the KJV.

24. Jesus' name is called the name of the Everlasting Father.

25. The Father is the only 'Almighty God'.
Genesis 17:1 (KJV)
1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Ezekiel 10:5 (KJV)
5 And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.

26. Jesus is the only 'Almighty God'.
2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV)
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Revelation 1:1 (KJV) Note: The whole book of Revelation is about Jesus, Who He is and What He is. Notice the first five words of verse one 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ'. Those words set the stage for the entire rest of the book. It’s all about Jesus.
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Revelation 4:8 (KJV)
8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Revelation 15:3 (KJV)
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
Revelation 16:7 (KJV)
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
Revelation 19:6 (KJV)
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Revelation 21:22 (KJV)
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

27. The Father is the First and the Last.
Isaiah 44:6 (KJV)
6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

28. Jesus is the First and the Last.
Revelation 1:11 (KJV)
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 1:17 (KJV)
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

29. In Jesus is the fullness of all that is God and He is the Head of all.
Colossians 2:9-10 (KJV)
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

30. The Father is the one and only Savior.
15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Isaiah 45:21 (KJV)
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? Who hath told it from that time? Have not I the LORD? And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isaiah 63:8 (KJV)
8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

Insert:
There are 19 compound names or titles of God in the Bible and they are:

Compound Names of Jehovah-Jesus in the Bible

Category: 19 Jehovah compound-titles or names in the Old Testament and one duplicated or carried over into the New Testament.
Not all locations of each individual compound name are given but just a sample so as to establish the usage and application of each.

Overview
1. Jehovah-Adonai The Lord Our Sovereign Genesis 15:2, 8
(Master Jehovah)
2. Jehovah-Elohav The Lord My God Psalm 7:1; Zech. 14:5
3. Jehovah-Eloheenu The Lord Our God Psalm 99:5, 8, 9
4. Jehovah-Eloheka The Lord Thy God Exodus 20:2, 5
5. Jehovah-Elohim The Eternal Creator Genesis 1:1-7, 26
6. Jehovah-Elyon The Lord Our Most High God Psalm 7:17; 47:2; 97:9
7. Jehovah-Gmolah The Lord Our Recompense Jeremiah 51:56
8. Jehovah-Hoseenu The Lord Our Maker Psalm 95:6
9: Jehovah-Jireh The Lord Will See or Will Provide Genesis 22:14
(Our Provider)
10. Jehovah-Makkeh The Lord That Smites Ezekiel 7:9
11. Jehovah-M’Kaddesh or Medaddishiem The Lord Our Sanctifier Exodus 31:13; Lev. 20:8
(The Lord That Doth Sanctify You)
12. Jehovah-Nissi The Lord Our Banner Exodus 17:15
13. Jehovah-Rohi or Ra-ah The Lord My Shepherd Psalm 23:1
14. Jehovah-Rapheda or Rapha or Raphe The Lord Our Healer Exodus 15:26
(The Lord That Healeth Thee)
15. Jehovah-Saboath The Lord Of Hosts 1 Samuel 1:3; Ps. 24:10
16. Jehovah-Shalom The Lord Our Peace Judges 6:23-24
17. Jehovah-Shammah The Lord Is Present Ezekiel 48:35
(The Lord Is There)
18. Jehovah-Tsidkeenu or Tsidkenu The Lord Our Righteousness Jeremiah 23:6, 33:16
19. Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua
The Lord Is Savior Isaiah 49:26; Matt 1:21
(The Lord Is Jesus)

Details of #19
Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua (- most common form) or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua – The Lord Is Savior or The Lord Is Jesus
Isaiah 49:26 (Used in Old Testament 13 times)
And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua) and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Isaiah 60:16
Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua) and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Matthew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save (Jehovah-Yasha or Yeshua or Yehowshuwa or Yehowshua) his people from their sins.

31. Jesus is the one and only Savior.
Matthew 1:21 (KJV)
Matthew 18:11 (KJV)
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Luke 19:10 (KJV)
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
John 12:47 (KJV)
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
1 Timothy 1:15 (KJV)
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

32. No other name under heaven given unto us that we MUST BE SAVED BY.
Acts 4:12 (KJV)
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Hebrews 2:3 (KJV)
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

33. Everything we do in 'word' or 'deed' must be done in His one name, that precious name of 'Jesus Christ'. The one total and complete name of the Eternal, Everlasting, Almighty God = Jesus Christ.
Colossians 3:17 (KJV)
17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Wow! What a Bible Study that was. Amen!
Let me give a summary of what we've learned:
The 'NAME' of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost/Spirit or Comforter is Jesus Christ. To not know this truth is to not know He is the 'I am He' of John 8:24 the verse we started out with earlier on this topic.
And to not know that is to suffer the fate like those of Matthew 7:21-23 who 'used His name' but 'didn't know His name' as the single only name of the true God.
Trinitarians claims they know Jesus Christ but not if They don't use His Name in water baptism.
The trinity is simply not biblical.
Anthony,

The Shema

We all know that the Torah was given to the Israelites on Mt. Sinai. This very Torah contained the very commandments of HaShem for his people to live a holy, prosperous life. But there is one commandment that Rabbi Yashah called "the greatest". This commandment, as called by many Rabbis, is the "Shema". But, what is "Shema"?

Shema, which mean to "hear and obey", is a very powerful word that carries power punching meaning. Shema is recorded in many scriptures.

One place is Duet 6, with emphasis on verse 4. It states,"Hear, O Israel! HaShem is our God, HaShem is one!" The scripture there is telling us to listen to something, with the intents on carrying out the command of what we heard. Verse 5 tells us what we are commanded to do,"You shall love HaShem your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might".

How does one love HaShem as Torah states? 1 John 5:3 states,"For this is the love of HaShem, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome". Loving HaShem as Torah states means to obey what he told us to listen to---HIS VOICE! which says "keep my commandments".

So, we now know exactly what Shema means. Yashah used it all the time. One place where Yashah used the Shema is in Matthew 13:43,"Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father He who has ears, let him hear". Notice the phrase,"He who has ears, let him hear".

That phrase there, Yashah is saying Shema. Why? Because He wants us to hear and obey. In Greek thinking, as the New Testament tends to put forth the majority of the time... when I want you to have ears to hear, then it would mean just that, unless I expound on it to let you know that I want you to take action.

This is not so with Hebrew. Hebrew language is an ACTION driven language and NOT an idea driven language. So, according to the Hebraic mindset, if I say Shema, then get ready to obey what I say.

What is Yashah telling us in Matthew 13:43 concerning his Shema? Notice the phrase in caps,"THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN". In basic understanding, One must walk in obedience to Torah, and place faith in Yashah to enter into eternal life. Works ARE APART OF YOUR SALVATION AFTER YOU CONVERT.

It is utterly impossible for one to enter eternal life with faith, but without works(obedience to Torah), and its utterly impossible for one to enter life without faith in Messiah, but with works(obedience to Torah) A Gentleman asked Yashah,"What must I do to enter eternal life?" What did Yeshua say?

He said KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS! Faith & Works are neccessary for salvation. You CANNOT have one without the other. So, that is what Yeshua says here in the sense of Shema. We must listen, and then obey his words. Amen.

The Trinity

The Trinity is not a new doctrine to the Church of Yashah, or the Israelites. They've been dealing with Polytheism ever sense their inception. Their forefathers, namely, Abraham, was a polytheist before he came to faith in faith in HaShem the one true God. HaShem told Abraham that he will call him out, and create a nation from him. This nation will be a holy nation to HaShem, a kingdom of Priests..

When Shema was spoken to the Israelites, it was declaring 3 things.

1) HaShem alone is God.
2) HaShem is unified, unlike the near eastern pagan gods.
3) HaShem is not a Trinity.

When Moses spoke the Shema to HaShem people, He was speaking the words of HaShem. He was telling them that despite the many gods of their surroundings, HaShem alone is God. He proved that He alone was Elohim when he demoralized the Egyptians, and destroyed all their gods via plaques.

Moses was familiar with polytheism, so Shema was very personal to him. It is HaShem who is THEE only God, and there are no other gods before, or after him. Israel had to make up in their hearts that HaShem is true.

Moses also said that HaShem is unified. This also is very important, because as I stated above, Israel's neighbors were very polytheistic--- similar to Hinduism. Baal, Murdock, Tammuz, etc, were many famous gods of ancient Israel's neighbors, and they all had some sort of attribute. Similar to Roman & Greek gods, each god has an attribute. There is NO one God that has it all as HaShem does.

In the ancient near eastern world, there was a god for water, air, clouds, youth, health, sex, fertility, rain, thunder, etc. These were cosmic gods of the near eastern world. Shema states that HASHEM has ALL POWER. HE IS the creator. HaShem makes lame, gives sight, restores health, created sex, rides on the clouds, etc. HASHEM IS UNIFIED! All the Torah is summed up in this commandment, and we should conduct our lives accordingly
is Yahweh (the Father) JESUS Christ?

Shema Israel YHWH elohanu YHWH echad, "Hear O Israel, Yaweh is our God. Yaweh is one" (Deut. 6:4).

There is only one God. This is the emphatic teaching of the Old Testament. The Jews were the people who knew their God if anyone did (John 4:22), and they had no concept of persons within the Godhead. In the book of Isaiah God makes some very strong statements which I believe do not allow for a Trinitarian understanding. In Isaiah 44:6&8 God makes the statement, "I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me . . . Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." Could scripture be any plainer than this? In verse 24 he states, "I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone." If language means anything then "by Myself" and "alone" mean that there was no other person present. If God is not claiming that he is absolutely one here, then what stronger language would one suggest to convey this? Why would God be so emphatic about oneness, if in reality he were three persons? Would not these statements be misleading? In the next chapter he states, "I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. . . . That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other, The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these" (Isa. 45:5-7). Once again, if God were really three persons, could he use such emphatic language as this? If we take this to be one of the members of the Trinity speaking here, would it be honest for him to say, "There is no one besides Me?" Would he not be forced to admit that there are indeed two other persons in the Godhead? In 46:9 God says, "Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me." In this statement, there is one person speaking (notice the singular pronouns) and that singular person says that there is no one like him. I do not see how it is possible to see a Trinity in these passages.1

Surely the coming of Christ did not in any way compromise this strict Monotheism taught in the Old Testament. There is only one God. That God is our father. If Jesus is that God then Jesus is our father. As to his deity, Jesus Christ is God the Father. Isaiah 9:6 clearly calls him the Father. Some have argued that this should be translated "Father of Eternity," but not one major translation translates it that way (see my article: Should Isaiah 9:6 read "Everlasting Father" or "Father of Eternity?"). However, even if we adopt the translation "Father of Eternity" does that diminish the force? Jesus is called the Father. I Corinthians 8:6 tells us that, "to us there is but one God, the Father." There is no God outside of the Father. So in the sense that Jesus is that God, then Jesus is the Father. Malachi 2:10 asks the question "Have we not all one Father? hath not one God created us?" So we all have one Father, and our Father is God. The reason we call God our Father is because he created us. John 1:3, Colossians 1:16 and Hebrews 1:2 tell us that all things were created by Jesus, thereby making him our Father. Be Sure To Look these up.

The Holy Spirit many times is simply referred to as the Spirit of God. Yet Scripture also speaks about us receiving the Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9; Gal. 4:6; Ppn 1:19) or simply identifies him as the Spirit (2 Cor. 3:17; 1 Peter 1:11) and Ephesians 4:4 tells us that there is only one Spirit. This must all refer to the same person, the one true God. As to his deity, Jesus is the Holy Spirit. To recieve Christ is to receive the Spirit. Jesus told the disciples, "Even the Spirit of truth . . . ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14:17-18).

Now I will readily admit that on the surface Jesus does seem to speak of himself and the Father as if they were two persons. In fact, I would say that the first indication of Trinitarian thought began with Philip in John 14 when he asked Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father" (v. 8). Jesus had been speaking of God in a distanced way all this time, and poor Philip thought that he was speaking of another person. But, notice Jesus' response. He almost sounded as if he were puzzled when he said, "Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?" (v. 9). Jesus was saying that he himself was the one that Philip was asking for.
Jesus has a dual nature, He was Both the Father and MAN.
in Philippians 2:5-8, NIV: tells of his humanity.

5. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6. Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

7. but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

8. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!

Jerry Hayes explains it this way:

Many times the question is asked, "If Jesus was Father God why did he not just say so?" The answer to this question is so completely summed up in Philippians 2:5-8. He was humble. He did not think it a good thing to flaunt his deity before men. He did not choose to appear better than man, although he was better than all men for he was the creator of all men. He choose, instead, to have all men appear better than himself.

When Jesus spoke of the Father it was always in a way that distanced his own identity from that of Father God. This action was in keeping with his character of not appearing as God, although he was. Concerning this very subject Jesus made the following promise: "These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall not more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father: (John 16:25). Paul referred to this same event of revelation when he wrote unto Timothy, "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and the Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen" (1 Timothy 6:15-16).

At the time of this great revelation may we all bow low at his feet and whisper in hushed tones of adoration the confession of Thomas, THE LORD MY GOD! after seeing his nail scarred hands. In Zechariah 12:9-11 (King James Version)There was coming a day that was prophesied God would be pierced.

9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

But that still leaves the question: Why does the New Testament make a distinction at times? The answer to this goes back to the dual nature of Jesus. In the capacity of being fully man, He was distinct from God. Not just distinct from the Father but from being God at all. This is why we can see references to the God of Jesus Christ (Matt. 27:46; John 20:17; Eph. 1:17). This is obviously not the God of God. It is the God of a man. Jesus is called a man over and over (Acts 2:22; 13:38; I Tim 2:5). As a man, there were things He did not know (Mark 13:32), there were things He could not do (Mark 6:5), He could only be in one place at one time (John 16:7), He could be tempted (Heb 4:15), He could thirst (John 19:28), and He could die (John 19:33). So from this point of view He was distinct from God, and could be spoken of that way. But from another point of view He was fully God and could be called such (John 20:28; I Tim 3:16; I John 5:20). When we see a separate reference it is always something like: "God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ." What you never see is: "God the Father and God the Son." It is always God and man, Spirit and flesh, God the Father and the Son of God. As I Timothy 2:5 puts it, "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

In John 10:30 Jesus said, "I and my Father are one." Does that mean that they are one in unity? Well, I ask if that was all he meant then why did the Jews pick up stones to stone him? (v. 31) In fact, Jesus asks them why (v. 32), and they answered him, "because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God" (v. 33). They understood this as claiming to be God, not claiming to be in accordance with him. So if "I and the Father are one" means "I am God", then he must be God the Father. Some Trinitarians have tried to draw attention to the neuter gender of the word "one" in this passage (Gk - hen), claiming that this means that they are one in unity. However, this is the same word used in passages such as Eph. 4:4 where it says that there is "one Spirit," and no one would argue that this means only one in unity.

In Matthew 28:19, Jesus commanded the disciples to baptize "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Yet they routinely baptized only in Jesus' name.3 Either they were mistaken, or they understood the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost to be Jesus. Surely the apostles didn't disobey their Lord.

I could give many scriptures to show that Jesus is indeed God, but here are a few more that show that he is specifically the Father (who is the only God, Mal 2:10; I Cor 8:6).
1. Jesus said that He would send the comforter to us (John 16:7), but He also said the Father would send the comforter (John 14:26).

2. The Father alone can draw men to God (John 6:44), yet Jesus said He would draw all men (John 12:32).

3. Jesus will raise up all believers in the last day (John 6:40), yet God the Father quickens (gives life to) the dead and will raise us up (Romans 4:17; I Corinthians 6:14).

4. Christ is our sanctifier (Ephesians 5:26), yet the Father sanctifies us (Jude 1).

We can easily understand all of this if we realize that Jesus has a dual nature. He is both Spirit and flesh, God and man, Father and Son.

Finally, I would like to look at a passage in Revelation 21, which clearly indicates that Jesus is the Father. Starting at verse 5 it reads: And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new [we are made new by being in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17)]." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true [in Rev. 3:14 and 19:11 Jesus is called "faithful and true"]." 6 Then He said to me, "It is done. [compare to John 19:30, "it is finished"] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. [In the very next chapter Jesus says this same thing, 22:13-16] I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost [Jesus gives the water of life, John 4:10-14; Rev. 7:17]. 7 He who overcomes [Jesus spoke these words seven times to each of the seven churches in the beginning of this epistle, 2:7,11,17,26;3:5,12,21] will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son" (emphasis added). Everything in this passage points towards Jesus as the speaker, yet at the end of the passage we realize that it is God the Father.

As our Lord said elsewhere, "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; an hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but will tell you plainly of the Father" (John 16:25). Or as Zechariah the prophet said, "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one" (Zech. 14:9).
LOL. Hey Bugs Bunny...These discussions have taken a left turn at Albuqurque. LOL
Prophetess You are misinterpreting what I said. I NEVER SAID JESUS STOPPED BEING GOD AT ANYTIME! I SAID JESUS IS FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD. I know you don't agree on one God And cling to Man-made traditions. The Trinity is MAN- MADE.

From the "dark ages" of Christendom, brought about by the theories and ideas of men, utter confusion has been left in the minds of people concerning the truth about one God. Without the knowledge of the truth, which only comes to an honest heart by divine revelation, many have misunderstand the manifestations of God, and have tried to form three Persons or Deities. Therefore, many are confused by a false, powerless, man-made doctrine called the "Trinity". Do not take mere theories and ideas of men; learn the truth about this important subject.

"Hear, 0 Israel: the Lord our God is ONE LORD." Deut. 6:4. This commandment given to Israel is confirmed in the New Testament (Mark 12:29) and must be obeyed by all Christians today. "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." James 2:19.

"God is a Spirit..." John 4:24. "No man hath seen God at anytime..." John 1:18. God, the invisible Spirit, has only revealed Himself to man by manifestations. Although there are many manifestations of God, the Scriptures teach that there are basically three offices or positions in which God has manifested Himself. God was manifested as the Father in creation, the Son in redemption, and the Holy Ghost in emanation.

GOD MANIFESTED AS THE FATHER IN CREATION

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Gen. 1:1. No one else but God performed the miracle of creation. And God said, "Let us make man in our image..." Gen. 1:26. To use the word "us" and try to form other Gods in the creation, clashes not only with the Scriptures, but with common sense. The word God means Supreme Being, the eternal and infinite Spirit, Creator and Sovereign of the universe. There cannot be more than one Supreme Being. By no means was God talking or counseling with other Gods. He was counseling with His own will. Eph. 1:11. In the creation of man, God, the eternal Spirit, foresaw the image or the Son in which He would some day reveal Himself to man. The Son did not exist at the creation. "But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law." Gal. 4:4. The San, who is the image of God, was made thousands of years after the creation. Also God spoke of things which be not as though they were. Ram. 4:17. "So Gad created man in HIS OWN IMAGE," Gen. 1:27. "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that hod not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of Him that was to come. Ram 5:14. God, referring to the Sonship, made Adam in the figure of Him that was to come.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1. The Word cannot be separated from Gad. The term "Word" is derived from the Greek term "logis" which means "thought or plan". God’s thoughts are with Him, but they cannot be separated from Him. "The Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD." "All things were made by Him (Word); and without Him (Word) was not anything made that was made." John 1:3. "...The worlds were framed by the Word of God..." Heb. 11:3. So by His Word God created all things.

"Thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it...I am the LORD; and there is NONE ELSE." Is. 45:18. "...I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens ALONE; that spreadeth abroad the earth BY MYSELF." Is. 44:24. ".. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any." Is. 44:8. "See now that I, even I, am He, and there is NO GOD WITH ME..." Deut. 32:39. "Have we not all ONE Father? Hath not ONE God created us" Mal. 2:10.

GOD MANIFESTED AS THE SON IN REDEMPTION

A blood sacrifice without sin must be made for the redemption of man. Without shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. Heb. 9:22. So by His plan (Word), God, the invisible Spirit, made Himself a body born of the virgin Mary, and dwelt among us. "And the Word (which was God) was made flesh, and dwelt among us..." John 1,14. This body was the only begotten Son or image of God. Paul said that the Son is the image (body) of the invisible God. Cal.

1 :13-15.

The Sonship was planned from the foundation of the world (Rev. 13: and prophesied as early as Gen. 3:15. Hundreds of years later Isaiah prophesied," ...Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel...which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US." Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty GOD, The everlasting FATHER, The Prince of Peace." Is. 9:6. To Joseph the angel said, "...thou shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sin.. and he called His name JESUS." Matt. 1:21-25. Fosset’s Bible Encyclopedia declares that Jesus means Jehovah-Salvation, or Jehovah is become Saviour.

The name Jesus was not revealed until God made Himself a body. Until then He was called Jehovah. For example:

Jehovah-Jireh - The Lord provides. Gen. 22:14.

Jehovah-Rapha - The Lord that healeth. Exod. 15:26.

Jehovah-Nissi - The Lord is our banner. Exod. 17:15.

Jehavah-Sholom - The Lord our peace. Judges 6:24.

Jehovah-Ra-ah - The Lord is my shepherd. Ps. 23.

Jehovah-Tsidkenu - The Lord our righteousness. Jer. 23:6.

Jehovah-Shammah - The Lord is present. Ezek. 48:35.

When God made Himself a body to redeem man from sin, He then was called JESUS - Jehovah-Salvation.

The angel announced, "For unto you is born this day.. .0 Saviour, which is CHRIST THE LORD." Luke 2:11. Throughout the Old Testament God is also called the Lord. Compare the following:

The Lord God is the Creator. Is. 42:5.

The Lord Jesus is the Creator. John 1:3, 10.

The Lord God said, "I am He." Is. 43:10.

The Lord Jesus said, "I am He." John 8:24.

The Lord God is the only Saviour. Is. 43:10, 11.

The Lord Jesus is the Saviour. Titus 1:4.

The Lord God shall reign forever. P5. 146:10.

The Lord Jesus reign forever. Luke 1 :33.

The Lord God is the King of Israel. Is. 43:15.

The Lord Jesus is the King of Israel. Matt. 27:37.

The Lord God is the First and the Lost. Is. 44:6.

The Lord Jesus is the First and the Last. Rev. 1:8.

The Lord God is Almighty. Gen. 17:1.

The Lord Jesus is Almighty. Rev. 1:8.

There is only one Lord. Eph. 4:5. When Paul was struck down on the road to Damascus, he cried, "Who art thou, Lord?" And the Lord said, "I AM JESUS." Acts 9:5. Beyond a shadow of a doubt the Lord God Jehovah of the Old Testament is the Lord Jesus Christ of the New Testament!

Jesus confirmed that He was not a separate Person, but God manifested in the flesh. Jesus said unto Philip, ".. .He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.. .The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself; but the father that DWELLETH IN ME, He doeth the works...Believe me that I am in the Father, and the FATHER IN ME..." John 14:9-11. Jesus simply stated, "I and My Father are ONE (not two)." John 10:30.

Jesus emphasized the importance of His identity as He taught the people in the temple. He said, "...For if ye believe not that I AM HE, ye shall die in your sins.. .They understood not that He spake to them of the FATHER." John 8:24-27.

When Jesus was baptized by John in Jordan River, the voice of God spoke, "This is my beloved Son, IN WHOM I am well pleased."

Matt. 3:17. Notice, God said, "IN WHOM" - not with whom! "To wit, that GOD WAS IN CHRIST, reconciling the world unto

Himself..." II Cor. 5:19.

As Stephen was facing death, he saw Jesus standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:55. The term "right hand" does not form a part of another Person or Deity. It is symbolic of the power and authority of God. Jesus said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Matt. 28:18. Paul said that Christ is the power and the wisdom of God. I Cor. 1:24. Note the following symbolical uses of the term "right hand" as correlated to power and authority:

My right hand hath spanned the heavens. Is. 48:13.

The Lord is at the right hand of the poor. Ps. 109:31.

God led Israel by the right hand of Moses. Is. 63:12.

The Lord was at David’s right hand. PS. 16:8.

The question may be asked, "Is Jesus in the Godhead, or is the Godhead in Jesus?" If the Godhead is in Jesus, there can only be one Person. The Bible clearly states, "For IN HIM (Christ) DWELLETH all the FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY. And ye are COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the HEAD OF ALL PRINCIPALITY AND POWER." Col. 2:9, 10. So there is only ONE PERSON in which the Godhead is manifested, because the GODHEAD IS IN JESUS!

In Jesus Christ, two wills or natures are portrayed: a human will and a Divine will. He was man (flesh) and He was God (Spirit). As man He prayed in the garden of Gethsemane, "O my Father.. not as I WILL, but as THOU WILT." Matt. 26:39. Also He cried out on the cross, "My God, my God. Why host thou forsaken me?" Matt. 27:46. Certainly these Scriptures do not imply that Jesus Christ is a separate Person or Deity with the Father. Far Deity does not pray to Deity! Futhermore, Deity cannot die! So as man, Jesus Christ prayed in His human nature to His Divine nature. Because, in His human nature, the flesh did not want to die, but He knew the will of the Spirit must be done. Also at Calvary He cried out in His human nature to His Divine nature; and when the Spirit left the body, He fulfilled His human role of death. As man, He was hungry, He slept, He became weary, He wept, He increased in wisdom and stature, He prayed, and He died. (See Matt. 4:2, Matt. 8:24, John 4:6, John 11,35, Luke 2:52, Matt. 26:39, Matt. 27:50.) As God, He healed the sick, He cast out devils, He raised the dead, He calmed the sea. He forgave sins, He answered prayer, and He arose from the grave. (See Matt. 4,23, Luke 8:35, John 11:43,44, Mark 4:39, Mark 2:5, John 14:14, John 2:19-21.) Jesus Christ said, "I can of mine own self (human nature) do nothing.. (John 5:30). ..but the FATHER that DWELLETH IN ME (Divine nature), HE doeth the works (John 14:10)." As man, He even expressed His limited knowledge (Mark

13:32); but as God, He knew all things (John 21:17). Compare the following titles which also portray the dual nature of Jesus Christ:

DIVINE

Everlasting Father - Is. 9:6

Chief Shepherd - I Pet. 5:4

King of Kings - Rev. 17,14

Lord God - John 20:28

The Almighty - Rev. 1:8

HUMAN

Son of Man - Luke 9:22

Lamb - I Pet. 1:19

Servant - Phil. 2:7

High Priest - Heb. 2:17

Mediator - I Tim. 2:5

"Without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." I Tim. 3:16. How clearly brought out is this glorious truth that Jesus Christ was God manifested in the flesh. He became Spirit in body to bring redemption to man.

GOD MANIFESTED AS THE HOLY GHOST IN EMANATION

God, the eternal Spirit, is "Omni-present" - everywhere at the same time; therefore, His Substance fills the universe. The only way God can manifest Himself in the hearts of people today is by the process of emanation. To emanate is to issue forth from a source. As the Holy Spirit, God is issuing forth from His Substance to fill the hearts of people today.

The Holy Spirit cannot be separated from the Father, for it is a part of His Substance. That which was conceived in the virgin Mary was of the Holy Ghost. Matt. 1:20. The truth becomes evident that the Holy Spirit is the Father of the Son. To try to separate the Father and the Holy Spirit and form two Persons, would give the Son two Fathers, which is impossible. Definitely the Father and the Holy Spirit would have to be the same Spirit.

There is only ONE SPIRIT. Eph. 4:4. "For by ONE SPIRIT are we all baptized into one body..." 1 Cor. 12:13. The Bible proves that the ONE Spirit is the Holy Ghost. "This spake He (Jesus) of the SPIRIT, which they that believe on Him should receive: far the HOLY GHOST was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified." John 7:39.

The Bible proves that the ONE Spirit is the Father. "There is but ONE GOD, the FATHER..." I Cor. 8:6. "GOD (the Father) is a SPIRIT..." John 4:24.

The Bible proves that the ONE Spirit is Jesus. There is ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST. I Cor. 8:6. "Now the LORD (Jesus) is that SPIRIT..." II Cor. 3:17.

"There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are ONE." I John 5:7.

By no means did Jesus teach that the Holy Ghost was another Person. Jesus said, "The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things..." John 14:26. Again Jesus said, "...if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you. John 16:7. Also John said, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." John 14:18. Compare John 14:26 with John 16:7; Jesus spoke of the Father and Himself as ONE. Compare John 14:26 with John 14:18. Jesus spoke of the Holy Ghost and Himself as ONE. If the Father and Jesus are one, and Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one: then the Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit are ONE. (Also compare the following Scriptures which show that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are ONE: Matt. 10:20, Mark 13:11, Luke 21:15.)

A Trinitarion concept contends that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are one in holiness, love, glory, wisdom and eternal power; but, three in Person. No Scripture can be found to support such a concept. Note the following:

His holiness (not their holiness) - Ps. 47:8

His love (not their love) - Ram. 5:8

My glory (not our glory) - Is. 42:8

The only wise God (not the wise three) - I Tim. 1:17

His eternal power (not their eternal power) - Rom. 1:20

The term persons (plural) used in reference to God does violence to the oneness of God. "I am the Lord.. .and my glory will I not give to another." Is. 42:8. The Bible proves that God is ONE IN PERSON. John declared, "...I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was

set in heaven, and ONE sat on the throne." Rev. 4:2.

When the Holy Ghost came on the day of Pentecost, 120 disciples were filled and began to speak with tongues as the SPIRIT gave them utterance. Acts 2:4. Peter preached that the Holy Ghost was the Spirit of God. As he used the prophecy of Joel 2.28, he said, "It shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of MY SPIRIT UPON ALL FLESH..." Acts 2:17.

Paul used the terms "Spirit of God" and "Spirit of Christ" as synonymous terms in reference to the Holy Spirit. He said, "Ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the SPIRIT OF GOD dwell in you. Now if any man have not the SPIRIT OF CHRIST, he is none of His." Rom. 8:9. (Also see Col. 1 :27, Gal. 4:6.)

There is ONE GOD and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and IN YOU ALL. Eph. 4:6. There is only ONE GOD manifested in the flesh and received in the hearts of believers today.

History also proves that the truth about one God was universally preached by the New Testament Church for many years after Christ, until the development of the "Trinity" doctrine by the Roman Catholic Church.

Encyclopedia Americana, 1957 Edition, Vol.27, p.69 - The word "Trinity" is not in Scripture. The term "persons" (plural) is not applied in Scripture to the Trinity.

World Book Encyclopedia, 1975 Edition, Vol. T, p.363 - Belief in Father, Son and Holy Ghost was first defined by the earliest general council of churches. This was the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

New International Encyclopedia, Vol.22, p.476 - The Catholic faith is this: We worship one God in Trinity, but there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and another of the Holy Ghost. The Glory equal - the Majesty co-eternal. The doctrine is not found in its fully developed form in the Scriptures. Modern theology does not seek to find it in the Old Testament. At the time of the Reformation the Protestant Church took aver the doctrine of the Trinity without serious examination.

Life Magazine, October 30, 1950, Vol.29, No.18, p.51 - The Catholics made this statement concerning their doctrine of the Trinity, to defend the dogma of the assumption of Mary, in an article written by Graham Greene: "Our opponents sometimes claim that no belief should be held dogmatically which is not explicitly stated in Scripture... But the PROTESTANT CHURCHES have themselves accepted such dogmas as THE TRINITY, for which there is NO SUCH PRECISE AUTHORITY in the Gospels"

No record will you find that the New Testament Church ever believed or taught the doctrine of the Trinity. For the Scriptures prove that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are only manifestations (not three Persons) of the ONE GOD; and God is ONE IN PERSON. In Creation God was manifested as the Father (Invisible Spirit - John 1:18, 4:24); in redemption God was manifested as the Son (Spirit in body - Col. 1: 13-15, 2:9); and in emanation God was and is being manifested as the Holy Ghost (Spirit in believers - Acts 2:4, 17, Rom. 8:9, Eph~ 4:6).

Honest hearts, receive the truth There is only ONE Supreme Being: the eternal and infinite Spirit, Creator and Sovereign of the universe, and Saviour of man. God said, "...Before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour." Is. 43:10-11, "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God and there is NONE ELSE." Is. 45:22, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY." Rev. 1:8." In that day shall there be ONE LORD, and His NAME ONE." Zec. 14:9. And every tongue shall confess that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD. Phil. 2:11.
WHAT GOD IS NOT IS A TRINITY. It's Simply Not Biblical.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service