Is The Trinity Biblical?
From the Christian Research Institute
www.equip.org
The Trinity is a basic doctrine of orthodox Christianity. Yet the word "Trinity" is not found anywhere in the Bible. Is the doctrine of the Trinity really biblical?
The doctrine of the Trinity says that there is one All Mighty One (God) who exists eternally as three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can assure you that the elements of this doctrine are all taken directly from the Bible.
The first plank of the Trinitarian platform is that there is only one All Mighty One (God). The Bible could not be more explicit on this point, which it states explicitly about two dozen times. In Isaiah 44:8 Yahweh (The LORD) says that even He does not know of any other (mighty ones)gods!
Yahshua (Jesus) often spoke of the All Mighty One (God) as His Father, and the apostles frequently spoke of "the Almighty One (God) the Father." But the New Testament also insists that Yahshua (Jesus) is The Almighty One (God). For example, Thomas acknowledged Yahshua (Jesus) as, "My Lord(master) and my Almighty One (God)" (John 20:28), and both Peter and Paul spoke of Yahshua (Jesus) as "our All Mighty One (God) and Savior" (2 Pet. 1:1; Tit. 2:13). Yet the New Testament also makes the distinction between the Father and the Son as two very different persons. In fact they tell us that they love one another, speak to each other, and seek to glorify each other (e.g., John 17: 1-26).
The Old Testament refers often to the Holy Spirit as The Almighty One (God) at work in the world, without distinction from the Father. But Yahshua (Jesus) in John 14 to 16 explained that this Holy Spirit would be sent by the Father at the Messiah’s (Christ's) request. The Holy Spirit would teach and guide the disciples, not speaking on His own initiative, but speaking on the Messiah’s 9Christ's) behalf and glorifying The messiah (Christ). Thus, the Holy Spirit is revealed by The Messiah (Christ) to be a third person distinct from the Father and distinct from the Son.
In short, the doctrine of the Trinity is completely and totally biblical, and it is essential that all the Followers of the Messiah Yahshua (Christians) give assent to this doctrine.

Views: 1268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anthony,

Those who are lawless, as Yashah says, will depart from Him to eternal damnation(Matt 7:21-23). It is the Torahless ones who will be at the great white throne judgement. Do not be deceived Anthony. All that education you have, and it has not availed you to HONEST study. You stick with lawless Christianity, and you will suffer the harsh words of Yashah, but if you repent, then you will receive the father's kingdom.

I challenge you to watch this... the video is called "Cheating God Out Of Christianity." http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7623933815143190422

Shalom
That's good christian fruit. :)
Please direct me to the book, chapter and verse that says the Holy spirit is a God.

I know the Father and the Son are BOTH Gods because God's word says so;

John.1
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Phil.2
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But NOWHERE in God's inspired word does it EVER say Holy Spirits are God. In the following scriptures it speaks of (7) "Holy Spirits". How do they fit into the trinity theroy?

Rev.4
[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev.5
[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Since there are "Holy Spirits" what about the "Evil Spirits";

1Sam.18
[10] And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul's hand.

Judg.9
[23] Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

So God sends "Holy Spirits" and "Evil Spirits"? Are they all God's too?

Please explain how ALL of these "Spirits", ALL from God fit into your trinity theroy!

While you are attempting to prove that, with scripture, here is something a tad easier to understand;

Heb.1
[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

So Angels are spirits made by God. ALL angels are spirits made by God. The difference between "Holy Spirits" and "Evil Spirits" is that evil spirits are all those that sided with Satan and Holy Spirits did not.

And what of the following scripture;

1John.5
[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Just how are they all one? Let's read how Jesus Christ explains it to us;

John.17
[1] These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Again we see from reading above Jesus (God) SHARING the Glory with the Father (God), even before the world. Let's continue;

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

So the Son is ONE with the Father AND all those that the Father has given the Son are ALSO ONE! Let's read more;

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So the ones that God sent to Jesus are separated, or sanctified, by His word, the Holy scriptures. Let's read who else is sanctified by the word and made ONE with God;

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

So now we read that EVERYONE that believes in the word/scriptures and brings the SAME message are ONE, just as the Father and the Son are ONE! Now let's read who brings the message of God;

John.14
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John.15
[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John.16
[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

So the Comforter, also called the Spirit of Truth and the Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, brings ONLY what was given to him. So if the Holy Spirit/Comforter/Holy Ghost/Spirit of Truth brings the same message, he too is ONE with everyone that does the same.

So now when we read the following, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." is is much clearer.

The scripture IS NOT saying ALL (3) form into one, or that the Father is for one dispensation and the Son and the Holy Spirit for another. Nor does it mention anything about them being from the same substance or any nonsense like that.

The scripture simply means that EACH one of them, ALL (3), have and bring the SAME message.

If they were one in the same please explain the following;

Luke.12
[10] And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

If they are ONE, how can you blaspheme against the one and not the other?

Mark.13
[32] But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

If they are ONE, how can the Father know the time and the hour, but NOT the Son?

John.5
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

If they are ONE, how can the Son judge WITHOUT the Father?

You will find, throughout the scriptures, that God's Holy Spirits speak and act with the authority of God, but they are NOT God!

The above scriptures, plus many, many more, make the trinity theroy UN-biblical!

So True Eccl.12:13
They Don't Show any scriptures for the trinity because it is man Made. Instead they insist they are so high minded that they were ordained by there Fore Fathers of the CATHOLIC CHURCH! WHICH IS THE MOTHER OF ALL HARLOTS!! They will use scripture to twist it to conform to their Religious Beliefs. It Is Sad Because the Devil Knows if they Find out (Search out) What the scriptures say,What I've already Exhaustively Stated on the last Pages on Here.
That THERE IS NO TRINITY THAN THEY MAY HAVE TO LEAVE THEIR RELIGION AND NO ONE WANTS TO DO THAT Because They have a position in Their Church and they think they are SOMEBODY IMPORTANT.
Great Job Eccl.12:13 On proving their Is No TRINITY!!! You Better Stop telling The Truth OR Your Going to make Them Mad The Ole Devil Can't Stand being Second place! LOL! LOVE IN CHRIST,DELLA MORTON
Thanks Della:

It's a shame that so many are decieved, when all they have to do is just what you have said, "...Find out (Search out) What the scriptures say..."

I'm sure you get a little tired trying to convince people, but here is a scripture that helps me when I'm feeling that way;

2Thes.2
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Knowing that, for whatever reason, God has sent them this delusion, helps me to understand it is OUR jobs to deliver His message, but it is His job to allow them to see and understand it.

So just keep plugging away and giving His message. Who knows who will read it, accept it, and thus allow God to remove the delusion.

And you are on point about the CC being the mother of all Harlots. Most don't even realize their church, in some way, is simply one of her MANY daughters. That is another lesson in itself.

Peace in the Name of Jesus!

THE SPIRIT

1- God (YAHWEH) is Spirit.

John 4: 24, Isaiah 63: 10-14.

2- Jesus-Christ is also Spirit

2 Corinthians 3: 17.

It is here about the same God (Yahweh), the same Spirit, the Holy Spirit!!!

The Bible declares:

« They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry”.

Zechariah 7:12

It was the same Spirit Who led the Man Jesus into the desert to be tempted by the devil (Matthew 4:1). It was the same Spirit Who anointed the Man Jesus(Acts 10:38). It was the same Spirit Who dwelt inside the Man Jesus. The Almighty God was in the Man Jesus in order to save us.

There is “one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 4:5-6

Who is the Father?

Who is the Son?

Who is the Holy Spirit?

They are not three people, but they are three different demonstrations of the single God (Yahweh)!

1-one God and Father of all, who is above all(Yahweh)

2-and through all( the man Jesus: Yahweh manifested in the flesh)

3-and in you all (The Holy Spirit).

THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT REPRESENT ONE PERSON: JESUS CHRIST.

Indeed, Jesus said:

“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

“A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you”.

John 14:16-20

Can someone explain the following sentence?

“At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you”.

Jesus Christ is in His Father, and He is in us.

Do you see three people here in each believer?

I see one person. Jesus the man, promised to come back and to live in the believers as the Helper. Jesus is the Helper, the Holy Spirit, living in us. Amen!

This is the reason why Brother Paul said:

“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me”.

Galatians 2:20

Christ as the Holy Spirit lives in the believer. Amen!

Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Our body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Besides, we must glorify God in our body and in our spirit, which are God’s (1 Corinthians 6:20).

Please tell me, according to the biblical passages above, would our body be inhabited by three distinct people: the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit?
Please, stop cutting out God in small pieces!

The Son lives in the Father. The son lives in us and the Father lives in us. But we are inhabited by one Spirit, the Holy Spirit, Christ, the Almighty God (2 Corinthians 3: 17, Isaiah 63: 10).

Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit:

“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty”.

2 Corinthians 3:17

God (Yahweh) is the Holy Spirit:

“But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; So He turned Himself against them as an enemy, And He fought against them”.

Isaiah 63:10, John 4:24

“But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the HOLY SPIRIT and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD.”

Acts 5:3-4

Ananias has lied to the Holy Spirit. Ananias has lied to God (Yahweh).
God (Yahweh) is the Holy Spirit: Please compare Isaiah 6:8-9 to Acts 28:25-27. Yahweh, the Holy Spirit spoke rightly through Isaiah the prophet to our fathers. Amen!
The Bible declares that Mary was found with child of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18, Luke 1:35).

This Holy Spirit is Yahweh Himself; this is the reason why the Son (the body of flesh, the man Jesus) Who was born took the name “YAHSHUA” which means: “GOD SAVES”. JAHSHUA is God manifested in the flesh in order to save us.
That Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ (Galatians 4:6, Acts 16:7, Philippians 1:19).
That Spirit of Christ was in the Prophets of the Old Testament testifying beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow:
“ Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven - things which angels desire to look into”.

1 Peter 1:10-12

“THE HOLY SPIRIT SENT FROM HEAVEN”! Amen!

Not two, not three people; but only one person (God) appearing in various ways. Amen!

1)Jesus-Christ comes from the Holy Spirit

Matthew 1: 20; Luke 1: 35.

2) Jesus-Christ is the Holy Spirit

2 Corinthians 3: 17; 1 Peter 1: 10-12

3-Jesus-Christ is God(Yahweh)

-John 7: 29; 8: 42; 16: 30; 17: 8; Colossians 1: 15; 2: 9
- John 1: 1-14, 3: 13 ;16: 15, 5: 17-19 ; 8: 58 ; 10: 30 ; 12: 45 ; 20: 28 ; 14: 5-11.
- Mark 10: 18 ; 12: 29.
-1John 1: 2 ; 5: 20.
- Zechariah 12: 1-10; 14: 3-5.
- Isaiah 9: 5-6; Philippians2: 6-8; Romans 9: 5; 1Timothy 3: 16; Titus 2: 13; revelation 4: 8; Hebrews 1: 8-10; Matthew 1: 23.

4) There is one God (Yahweh). Yahweh is the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is Yahweh manifested in the flesh (1Timothy 3:16; John 1:14)
Jesus-Christ (YAHSHUA) is the name of God who saves us. It is a marvellous name, carrying hope. It is the name above all the names.
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever”.

Hebrews 13:8

By deeply examining the texts of Zechariah and Matthew, we see that it is Yahweh who took a body of flesh called Jesus. He promised to come (Zechariah 2: 10-13).

The prophets of the Old Testament had announced is coming (Isaiah 9: 5-6) and wished to see the Messiah: God manifested in flesh (Isaiah 63: 17-19; Psalm 144: 5-7; 1 Peter 1: 10-12).

They prophesied of the grace that would come.
“To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

Acts 10:43

In addition, hadn't Isaiah the Prophet already prophesied that the way of the LORD was to be prepared (Isaiah 40: 1-5)?
We realize that, this prophecy has been fulfilled in the New Testament by the ministry of John the Baptist (Matthew 3: 1-3, Malachi 3: 1-18).

Jesus was born with the human nature. He was the visible and divine equation (equality) of the invisible God (Yahweh), by taking the form of a bondservant, while becoming similar to the men:

«who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,”

Philippians 2:6-9

Do you understand the Word of God? “…And being found in appearance as a man…”

God (Yahweh) Who is SPIRIT has been found in appearance as a man (1 Timothy 3:16; John 1:14) and took the name YAHSHUA, namely “GOD SAVES”.

Indeed, Jesus-Christ had a double nature: divine and human. When in front of the tomb of Lazarus, He groaned in the spirit, was troubled and wept, He was similar to the men. He proves thus His humanity (John 11: 35).
However, when a few moments afterwards, He took authority on the death, He was fully God (John 11: 43-44).

His Divinity is thus expressed though the resurrection of Lazarus. Jesus, God manifested in flesh is the Resurrection and the Life. Amen!!!
Besides, God alone knows the thoughts of the hearts. In Jesus-Christ, in his body of flesh, God demonstrated this attribute of understanding of the thoughts (2 Chronicles 6: 30; Matthew 9: 4; Jeremiah 17: 10; Luke 24: 38).
This mystery is really great and happy is the one who can seize it! AMEN!
Who is Jesus who could say that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Him? (Luke 24: 44).

http://abcpreachers.ning.com/forum/topics/916966:Topic:159914?page=...

Blessings,

Bro. Germain
If you would like to believe that there is only one god then sobeit. Not trying to change minds here; that's Gods job. For He, and He alone, for whatever reason, has given you the delusion;

2Thes.2
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

So guess who is the only one that can remove it? Not any of us here on the forum! Only God!

I pray He removes the delusion before it is too late.

Eccl,

You believe in multiple HaShems?
James:

This is a little off topic, but I was away from the forum for awhile. When I was last here you were using the following terms, "Yahweh" and "Yeshua".

And as I recall these were, according to you, the ONLY terms to use when referring to The Almight!

Now I see you are using yet another term, "HaShems". May I ask, what does THIS term mean and who does it refer to?

How many God's are there?
May GOD open your eyes!

Not two, not three, but only ONE PERSON: JESUS CHRIST.

JEUS CHRIST IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD

JESUS CHRIST IS THE HOLY SPIRIT

THE ALMIGHTY GOD IS THE HOLY SPIRIT

My Lord, please, reveal this truth to them sothat people can close debate about this issue on the BPN!

This is my prayer!

Bro. Germain
God created ALL angels, which are spirits.

Heb.1
[7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Holy Spirits are ALL those that did NOT side with Satan.

God also allows His angels to Speak with His authourity and act with His authority.

But Angels are not God! They ARE Spirit beings, just as God is a Spirit being, but again...they are not God. Let's look at a few times when Angels spoke and acted in the NAME of God with all of His power and authority, but still they are not God

MANY times throughout the bible when an angel speaks and acts with ALL the authority of God. Two can be found below;

Exod.23
[20] Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
[21] Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.

So the angel above was not only sent by God to PROTECT the nation of Israel, but also to PUNISH them if they got out-of-line. God tells Moses that this angel has ALL of the authority of God, for God says, "my name is in him.", and they were to listen to him because he would not forgive them of their transgressions/sins.

Here is the other;

Judg.2
[1] And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.

Again, the angel, 'Holy Spirit' is talking as though he was the one that made the covenant, though we know it was really Jesus, as we learned from the lesson, the angel still spoke as if it were he that made the agreement with the nation of Israel.

NOw lets' read the REST of Acts 5

[9] Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord?

Now let me ask you a question....Just which one of the SEVEN Spirits of the Lord did she tempt? Yes (7)!!! Let's read about them;

Rev.4
[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev.5
[6] And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

So tell me about these (7) Spirits of God! Just how do they fit into your "One Spirit" theroy?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service