The false teaching is that Jesus taught tithing in Matthew 23:23 which, they say, is clearly in the New Testament.
The problem here is the arbitrary division of our Bible. The New Covenant did not begin at the birth of Jesus, but at his death. Tithing is not taught to the church after Calvary! When Jesus discussed tithing in Matthew 23:23, he was only commanding obedience to the Old Covenant Law which he endorsed and supported until Calvary. In Matthew 23:2, 3 Jesus told his followers to obey the scribes and Pharisees "because they sit in Moses’ seat." There is not a single New Testament Bible text which teaches tithing after Calvary – period!

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With all due respect Caral, Yeshua was a teacher of the law. All the references he made about love were not new. They came from the law. For instance, in Mark 12:29-34 he quotes Torah (Deuteronomy 6). You cannot separate love from Torah. Torah IS love.
This is not Judaism. This is Bible. You follow Roman Catholic customs. You also don't know the difference between the animal sacrifice law, and the Moral Law. You also don't understand what Jesus died for. Our sins yes, but it is sins past he died for. He also put away the animal sacrifice law, and the Levitical Priesthood. Everything else stayed the same. Read me one time in the Bible where it says that we are to keep Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, Sunday holy convocations. Read it just one time. No interpretation. It should say the Lord said that the 1st day is the Sabbath of the Lord, and in it thou shalt do no work, and have a holy convocation. For 7 days I made the heavens and the Earth, and rested on the 1 day.
Jesus is the Rest. If you own a bible, try reading Hebrews.
Carl,

No scripture ever says Yeshua is the rest. Also, I hope you're not referring to Hebrews 4:9, because if you look into the Greek, it literally read,"A SABBATH rest remains for the people of Yah." So, if you claim to be of His people, then keep His Sabbath.
Caral,

Tellifim is not a literal thing to wear. You cannot possibly wrap "all the words of Torah" around your arm. Again, you must think here, and its not that critical. What about your Sabbath keeping. Why are you not keeping Sabbath like Yeshua?
James,

You keep talking about the Torah I believe you are confused, I give you scripture to back up my statements that GOD Himself has spoken which has been recorded in HIS WORD and you dismiss it as though it is nothing, and say no thats not right no thats not right,I am telling you it is its in the Bible you need to put the Torah down and pick up the Bible God's word from a new perspective not your own but God's perspective...yes well I am not looking for religion all I know is that I have a relationship with God and as long as I set aside a day for God and time for Him I am okay as I have been for years( I have seen and heard things have you?)...you cannot pick and choose what is relevant in the Bible, you are not GOD you do not know everything, Galatians has as much to do with the Bible as everything else does its in there..and if its in the Bible its relevant unless you prove otherwise which I do not believe you can, I do not read the Torah I read the book known as the Bible the book of truth, that has everything in there that is suppose to be in there,read it read the Bible...one more thing on your reply to Carl's post Matthew 11:27-30,you should know this if you are following the right, one, true God.
Pepper,

Show me where "Sunday" was set apart by Yah? I gave you the explanation for Galatians. It is up to you to further investigate it. Would you like to begin examining?
James,

First you show me where I said you have to set apart Sunday...all I said was that I believe it is enough that I set aside time for God...I never said anything about Galatians being in the the Torah, I cannot comment on that because I do not read the Torah, I read what I know is truth which is the Bible, thats your problem you do not understand how to interpret the things you read so that would put your research in vain wouldn't it?.
Pepper,

You already answered your question. Setting aside "Sunday" is not scripture. You must set aside the "7th day." Now, if you claim to love Yah, will you set aside Saturday for the Sabbath?
James,

You cannot question my love for Jesus, its not your business first examine and find yourself I know who I am in Christ I have for many years known Him, that is why my relationship is between God and myself your not included...if God had a problem with the time I give Him shouldn't He speak to me about it...do you find it in your place to tell me how to worship God, are you trying to put yourself on God's throne in His place?.
Pepper,

Honestly, if you love Yeshua, then why are you not walking as He walked... In the Torah? Why are you not keeping the Sabbath, obeying the dietary laws, etc??? Why are you not walking as Yeshua walked?
James,

Wow now you know me lol....I told you before I do not read the Torah, I do not even know what you are Biblical Torah eh what is that new age?, I am sorry but I obey the Bible God's true word..this conversation is going no where I already told you I don' neither do I intend to read the Torah(fyi Galatians says He healed on the sabbath that is working isn't it?).I just don't want to give up on you though so I will think about responding to your messages now, I have grown weary of trying to explain things to you when you do not want to listen I guess I should have known better the Bible does warn against that.

God Bless.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service