AS AN EVANGELIST,I LISTEN TO MY SHARE OF PASTORS SPEAK. ON TELEVISION,AT
CONFERENCES,E.T.C. IT REALLY BOTHERS ME WHEN A PASTOR TALKS ABOUT HIMSELF
CONSISTENTLY. ITS LIKE THEY ARE USING THE PULPIT TO HONOR THEMSELVES. I TRULY
DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PLANE,BOAT ,BIG HOUSE AND SERVANTS. IF YOU
WANT TO BRAG TO PEOPLE,BRAG ABOUT YOUR GOOD HEALTH AND SUPERIOR MIND.
PEOPLE KNOW HOW BLESSED YOU ARE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP REMINDING THEM.
PASTORS,WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are we really shocked to hear this? In the last days men shall become Lovers of self! Boasters, Proud, High minded!
I know some things are ok ( in Messure) Paul said " Let me Boast in myself a little bit".

If we Lift up Christ in the pulpits. the light on our lives would shine! Humbling ourselves in due season, and GOD will lift us up in his due season!
So we celebrate the Blesser, NOT the Blessings.

Thank you for this Subject.
Elder C.M.P.
Waterboy 4 Jesus
Hello sis,

good post... not so popular I see..... every one onstage who boasts and brags is only sowing greed and lust and pride into the hearts of those they speak to....greed to acquire things and lust of the eyes and pride of life. Reproducing after their own kind. Dont they know that a mans life isnt made up of the things he might have? Its not in the abundance of things ... but its in the simplicity of the message. Its kingdom expansion and the purity and promise of growing to maturity in Christ and the promise of eternal life.

The only thing suitable to boast is "...my soul shall have her boast in the Lord the humble shall hear and be glad....magnify the Lord with me, and lets exalt HIS name together." Why my soul? Because he restores my soul ... and everyone has one. That brother said ... we have rich young (spiritually immature) rulers in our midst. I say yep, and they would (and do) rather die than give up their goods.

They say God blessed me, he gave me things... naww, uh-uh brother or sister. God didnt give you things, you took some money God allowed you to get and/or earn and squandered it, satisfying the lust of your flesh. Then, you soothed your conscience by lying to yourself that God wanted you to have it. Then the father of lies saw which way you were rolling and then he knew he could tell you that you deserve it, and because your conscience is seared in that area you would believe that lie too. But then that pride that had been sown and never uprooted from your heart one day grew up full. Thats what drove you to stand up in front of Gods people and bragg about your stuff. You came full circle and now begin to reproduce after your kind.

*Lord* Dont get me wrong there is nothing inherently wrong with things, but anything including things in excess is the problem because it endangers our souls and those we minister to.
Lord* Dont get me wrong there is nothing inherently wrong with things, but anything including things in excess is the problem because it endangers our souls and those we minister to.

What is excess to you in reference to things ? (I'm just asking)
hey sis,

no problem.... what do I mean by excess in things? Well, I'll use the examples given by the originator of this discussion. So, lets see: how many houses does one need? Do they all really have to be 5000-10,000 sq feet? With servants when you're not having a catered party? Are ya so important that you really need your own private jet to travel back and forth? Now, you could own and fly your own small plane to and from your engagements couldnt you? Do you really need a closet full of St John knits? or Zegna suits? or any designers clothes? What, are you letting them use you for free advertising? False eyelashes EVERYDAY? $100 MANicures and pedicures when you can do it yourself? A boat is cool too, its yours enjoy it in your time off. You know, your private time away from the limelight, when you're enjoying a balance in your life instead of trying to lord over others. And, mentioning it from the pulpit, THATS an excessive thing too. Is that relevant to the message of Christ? Does this promote unity in the Body? or elitism (which is at best divisive)?

Sis, these are just a few things that, to me, represent an excess of things. Its the glitz and glam and bling of celebrity status, not the demeanor or bearing of a servant leader who realizes s/he will spend only a fraction of his life here on earth and the longest time in eternity. But thats just my opinion... also my opinion: there is a difference between laying up treasures on earth where moth and rust will eat and decay, and leaving an inheritance for your grandchildren. Both consist of "things" but one we are admonished against. See what I mean?

"I TRULY DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PLANE,BOAT ,BIG HOUSE AND SERVANTS. IF YOU WANT TO BRAG TO PEOPLE,BRAG ABOUT YOUR GOOD HEALTH AND SUPERIOR MIND..."
T,

I take after my father in ministry LOL
Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

I Corinthians 1:31 NIV
THE PULPIT IS NOT THE PLACE TO VAINLY EDIFY YOURSELF IT IS THE HOLINESS THAT GOD HAS EMPLANTED TO UTILYZE THE KINGDOM MANIFESTATION OF HIS HOLY WORD...................WE ARE NOT HIS PEOPLE BY OUR OWN MIGHT.........BUT BY HIS MIGHT ARE WE CHOSEN TO MAGNIFY AND GLORIFY HIM.....................IT IS TRUE MANY OF US HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAR HOUSES, SPORTS CARS, BIG SCREEN TELEVISIONS, ETC. ALL THIS IS NICE, BUT IT LEAVES NO ROOM FOR HIM IF WE ARE BOASTING..........................HE GAVE THAT WE MAY HAVE AND HAVE IT ABUNDANT{LIFE} NOT OUR TONGUE HE EXUBERATES US THAT WE MIGHT HAVE PLENTY ROOM FOR HIM ,NOT LESS ROOM FOR HIM!! GOD DESERVES OUR ALL AND WE CAN`T GIVE IT TO HIM THINKING OF THOSE MATERIALISTIC THINGS THAT CAN VANISH AT THE TWINKLING OF AN EYE...................OH THAT WE GIVE BACK TO HIM.AND NOT LOOK BACK .....WE NEED
OUR HAND ON THE PROSPECTIVE PLOW AND KEEP OUR EYES ON THE PERFECTING.. WHEN WE LOOK BACK WE GET INTO SUBVERSIVE TENDACIES ,WHEN WE LOOK BACK THE HOLY SPIRIT
CAN`T FUL FILL ITSELF WITHIN US, FOR WE ARE FILLED WITH SELF!! WHEN WE LOOK BACK THE WISDOM THAT COMES FROM GOD WE CAN`T UNDERSTAND IT FOR WE HAVE PUSHED GOD OUT OF THE REALM OF OUR SPIRITUAL COGNIZANCE!!WHEN WE LOOK BACK WE GAIN PERHAPS FOR OUR SELVES ,BUT WE DIE TO CHRIST! IT IS TIME TO LEAVE THE AUSPICES OF SELF AND BECOME SOLDIERS FOR CHRIST .....AND DIE TO SELF!!!!!!!!!!
DR. ROY KENNEDY FARLEY JR.
We servants of God are to be humbled before God. Everyone should read Proverbs 6:16-19 and this tells u the six (6)things God don't like.A proud look is one of them.....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service