I come from a Pentecostal family(COGIC) the church I attend a Non-Denominational church, but where I'm lost is....when I see one of my church members go to a Baptist event and they say do not speak in tongues at their event. The Full Gospel Baptist Church(FGBC) follow Acts 2:4 and the follow the Baptist doctrine, in other word FGBC is Baptist and they speak in tongues.
What my question is....
Why don't most Baptist churches speak in tongues, it's recorded in Acts 2:4 that God bless us to speak with another tongue?

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some believe it is not for our time, others believe it is Satanic all together. I think for some, because they have never experienced speaking in tongues, they can't see it's relevance. I have Baptist ministers and pastors in my family and they just don't believe in speaking in tongues.
So since no one has the gift of interpretation, no one can talk in tongues?? How about ASKING GOD for the interpretation?
Foolishness, Talking in another tongue is speaking another language. This is foolishness. Why does not one use common sense.
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

It is clear that we are not to address the church or others speaking in a tongues that they don't understand, but if a person is not speaking to others, they are praying in the spirit unto God. The Lord showed me the morning my husband's mother died that he was in serious trouble. We were both screaming and crying uncontrollably and he eventually dropped to his knees. As he dropped I dropped with him and the Spirit of the Lord came on me. I started praying in tongues as I held him in my arms. We rocked back and forth as I continued to pray. The Lord revealed to me that, the Holy Spirit was making intercession for him because his pain was great. It was the prayer spoken unto God in tongues that brought about a peace in the house during our mourning.

So then praying in tongues does not require an interpreter because we are not speaking unto men but unto God.
"you know what, we've been down this road umpteen times. let me stop."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The key Anthony in verse 28 it says keep silence in the church, meaning we are not to relay messages to the congregation in tongues unless there is an interpreter. I remember the first time I saw someone speak in tongues. I was 10 years old and didn't know what was going on. I had just gotten saved and a young 12 year old girl came in off the streets. She went up for prayer and before you know it, the Holy Ghost fell on her. She was speaking in this language I had never heard and this was some spooky stuff to me. ...LOL

The evangelist that had brought the message began to interpret everything this young girl said. That confused me even more. I was thinking to myself, how is it that this black woman knows this language this girl is speaking. Well anyways, that was the first time I had ever witnessed both speaking in tongues and interpretation at the same time.

When it comes to praying (speaking unto God) most pray in a distinguishable language while others pray in tongues. Many times I will pray in tongues and trust me, it is not something you can control. I have seen some speak at will and that I do not understand. Whenever I speak in tongues during prayer it only happens if the Spirit of God comes on me.

I heard a minister explain this one day and he said that Satan does not understand the unknown tongue of God so that the prayer in tongues is a mystery to him. He cannot block or come against something spoken of in the Spirit.

Brother Luckett, for the record, I do believe there are a lot of fakers and people playing games with this, but that is a whole other discussion.
"Satan does not understand the unknown tongue of God so that the prayer in tongues is a mystery to him. He cannot block or come against something spoken of in the Spirit."

A nice idea, and an oh-so-wanted thing, but a false doctrine. There is NO scripture to back this up. None whatsoever! I never did like when preachers said that from the pulpit. Alot of Pentecostals can't tell you where they got that from, other than "My Bishop who mentored me taught us that...."
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

The above scripture says that the unknown tongue is spoken unto God and is a mystery. Trevor, Is Satan God? You give him too much power if you think he can decipher this mysterious language that is only spoken unto God.
Unknown tongue is an unknown language
Where is the Scripture to back your doctrine?
That scripture STILL does not mean that Satan does not understand it! It was in the book of daniel that Satan was said to have hindered the answers to Saints prayers. I give him too much power? No not at all; on the contrary, saints underestimate their opponent.
Were these saints praying in an UNKNOWN tongue?

Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service