Are pastors who allowed their wives to preach and teach over men in the congregation disobeying God?

1Timothy 2

11 Let a woman in quietness learn in all subjection, 12 and a woman I do not suffer to teach, nor to rule a husband, but to be in quietness, 13 for Adam was first formed, then Eve, 14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman, having been deceived, into transgression came, 15 and she shall be saved through the child-bearing, if they remain in faith, and love, and sanctification, with sobriety.

1Timothy 3
5(If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)

GB

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll explain it to you...

1Timothy 2
13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Just like all sin came to us through our forst parents...Adam being the head,although he didn't commit the sin it was counted to him because he's the head...notice nothing happen until Adam ate the fruit...although sin came in the world initially through the women...Adam was counted the sinner...

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. It was man who was first created, but woman who first led into the transgression. For these reasons a burden was laid on women which is spoken of in 1Ti 2:15.

Adam was deceived, but through his wife's means, and therefore she is worthily for this reason subject to her husband, and ought to be.
GB
No Adam was not deceived, because God gave Adam the command Not to eat. Adam willfully sinned.
Preacher:

Eve did not sin because she was deceived because Eve did not deceive herself; it was the act of disobedience by her and Adam that caused them to sin against God.
Also the women of those days were not allowed to learn until after the ressurection ,they could'nt teach anybody, because they didn't know anything, but Paul did allow them to learn .
"...Also the women of those days were not allowed to learn until after the ressurection ,they could'nt teach anybody, because they didn't know anything, but Paul did allow them to learn...

BEFORE the resurrection Jesus said it was good that the sister learned the word of God.

Uhhh, Timothy's grandmother and mother knew the scriptures and taught them to him.

Why didnt Paul say to Timothy - "Well you know your mom and grandmother know the word - elect them as elders or have them teach the congregation".
Or why didnt he say get some women that have only one husband and make sure they know the word and who are really charismatic and smart and elect them as elders. Nope - he did not go there.

But, did he ignore the women altogether? No.
He addressed them in detail.
They are to teach the young women how to be good wives and mothers.

And what gets me - now all of a sudden - women that have all this calling to teach by God - for some strange reason - have not been called by God to teach young women how to be meek and quiet and shamefaced and nurturing and chaste keepers of their homes.
I find that enigmatic.
And we wonder why little girls are in such dire straits.
"...And just like with the church of Corinth, there were managerial problems..."

I agree - thats why Paul wrote the epistle to the Church elders to give them instructions on how church services should be conducted. He was instructing on godly orderliness.
He instructed them on spiritual gifts, on love, order of speaking in tongues, head covering, women being silent.
So yeah - whatever they were doing Paul had to tell them how to properly conduct services - then he backed it up by say that what he was teaching them was instructions from God.

"...Meanwhile, THESE WERE GREEK WOMEN, (GENTILES) who were not accustomed to the discipline of Jewish women. So they would shout out during the ministry, "WE CAN'T HEAR YOU! LOUDER"!..."

What scripture is that? I've heard of artist liberty but its not necessary here. LOL !!
If it was about them 'keeping it down' - why didnt just say - hey ladies, dont be so loud. Or why not 'Ladies, you must wait your turn before you can get up and teach'
He said that it was a disgrace for women to speak in church and she is to be in submission and he refers to the LAW. Why did he refer back to the Word of God?

Yes please lets keep things balanced. :-)
"...Galatians. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus..."

Does that mean that since we are in Christ now - we can marry who we want?
Since there is no gender in Christ - are we now giving the go ahead on same-sex marriages?
In those days , because of what Jesus did on the cross , the women were just coming into being able to learn, remember, Jesus came to set the captive free, now women have learned, and some know more than some men know, so what now ? are we to obey God or men with low self esteem, wake up people , this is not about us, we all should be light in the world so that a dying world can hear the good news and be saved, God needs willing vessels, and he does not see male or female, only the blood of Jesus, and we all must come through the blood.
Self esteem? thats my point..we as God's children who truly know God would rather esteem Christ...not ourselves...
setting the captives free from sin...not the bible...this is not about male vs female...its about what God says not what man says...God created things the way they are...one cannot have fe-male without male...you would only have a fe...as for Jesus...he's the one who gave the commandment that women are to submit totally...
GB
God said "GO"

Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

so dear Brother while you ponder, I am called to GO into the prisons doing the above to women and MEN! In the garden Adam and Eve were both called Adam(the First) she was wo-man, mankind with a womb; fe-male, the fetus carrying mankind, not until after the fall did Adam speak life by calling his wife Eve, the mother of all living.

How do the women of God give life today through birth and the gospel, physically and verbally. It's a little deep son, that is why the word states to study to show yourself approved a workman not to be ashamed

Be Blessed
A-men sister!!!!
Love you Prophet

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service