John 14:11-13 (King James Version)

11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Note: Please provide responses regarding the greater works that Jesus references in verse 12, but remember as revealed in verse 13, whatever these greater works are is so that the Father may be glorified in the Son...Amen! This is not a trick question...just a means for dialogue.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Question...
The greater works Jesus spoke of has been misinterpreted for years..the truth is Jesus wasn't speaking about signs and miracles...Jesus said we shall do greater works...and we indeed do greater than he did because we reach far more people than he could ever have durring his stay on earth...when Jesus preached barely anyone became saved because he had not yet accended to the father...and sent the holy spirit..after he sent the holy spirit Peter preached and 3000 became saved...see the greater works?

Also we have radio and tv and the internet to get the gospel out to millions at a time...that was not possible in Jesus time on earth...again see the grater works?
GB
Good question and good response from the Preacher.
I believe because Jesus was only going leave the earth soon the word "greater" is about the amount of works we can do because most of us will have more time. No one can do greater things than Jesus.

My 2 cents worth.
Bump
Bump
I agree with the statement that "greater works" only dealt with the amount of works you would do, however, it would not be any less that what the JESUS & the Apostles were empowered to do before. Quality and quantity will increase. However, even if one does not believe that the quality will increase, there is no indication that it will DECREASE, therefore, this verse alone refutes any thought of spiritual gifts decreasing or leaving altogether.
I would have to agree with you that the gifts will not decrease or leave the Body of Christ. However, the gifts that are given to us are to be used, and if not, would God take them away from the individual? Or, will He allow us to just sit on them indefinitely?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service