Your views.

Views: 287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats simple. I learned that events surrounding entertainers are more important than events that drastically affect individual lives here in the US and abroad. I was a fan, but he wasnt my idol.
I learned that our lives are influenced by those things we grew up with. In Christ Jesus we are able to seperate the spiritual from the carnal, and we can look at those who don't know Jesus with empathy. I was a fan as well, he was not my idol,for no mere man can be anyone's idol. He was created in the image of God and given a talent that was admirable.
i learned you better be saved because what profit a man to gain the world but in the end loose his soul i pray he knew jesus
I learned nothing other than the fact that he was an idol, not of his own fault, but because other people chose him. But what his idolizers found out was, he was a regular guy just like the rest of us, and we all have to die. My only hope for Michael Jackson is that he was saved!
I don't think that ones truly understand the sin of idolatry, even a fanatic fan does not fall into that realm, people DO get obsessed with other people and of course that is foolishness but NOT idolatry.

Before we lash out with our tongues on this generation of heartbroken fans, that are expressing themselves as other generations did, some here may remember the hoopla over Elvis and others.... Graceland, and Neverland, huh..... how many celebrate the pagan gods Mithra and Ishtar, Christmas and Easter? How many wear and pay tithes to name brand shoes Addidas eg or suits Armani, Gucci. Idolizing those that are perceived to give one status?

Elvis, Farrah, Michael may have been icons of our lives, but are they also a distraction from the enemy to take our focus off the idols set up in our lives.
Sis. let's be real some people idolized him. At his concerts they bowed to him, shouted to him, passed out in his presence (which I never understood, why pay all that money to go to a concert and then pass out in the first set!) HMMM story sounds familiar rember when Nebcaneezzer (sp) made an image and the decree was given that when the people heard the music they were to bow to the image? Statue or real person when "Remember the time" was played people bowed.
the above statement is very much true.
Oh please Rev. lol, will you all just give a rest, yes, there are some nuts out there.

Michael was a talented man who was also a great humanitarian. I would pray that the majority of churches would do what he has done for some charities instead of the minority. These charities benefitted from his monies

AIDS Project L.A.
American Cancer Society
Angel Food
Big Brothers of Greater Los Angeles
BMI Foundation, Inc.
Brotherhood Crusade
Brothman Burn Center
Camp Ronald McDonald
Childhelp U.S.A.
Children's Institute International
Cities and Schools Scholarship Fund
Community Youth Sports & Arts Foundation
Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)
Dakar Foundation
Dreamstreet Kids
Dreams Come True Charity
Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Love Match
Make-A-Wish Foundation
Minority Aids Project
Motown Museum
NAACP
National Rainbow Coalition
Rotary Club of Australia
Society of Singers
Starlight Foundation
The Carter Center's Atlanta Project
The Sickle Cell Research Foundation
Transafrica
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
United Negro College Fund Ladder's of Hope
Volunteers of America
Watts Summer Festival
Wish Granting
YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw
What do I need to give a rest? You made a statement I made a counter one. You responding in this manner leads me to ask this question; What is the job of the church? Is it to be good humanitarians? Or is it to save souls? All those things you listed are great, but what of it is kingdom business. And before you say it Yes I know that God can use a person to fund His plan but that does not make that person super special, especially if they wind up in hell (and I dont know if MJ is in hell or not) Again remember the egyptians gave Isreal gold and things as the left for the promise land. And finally there where more nuts than think.

And P.S.- Remeber Ghandi, MalcomX, and others they all would be considered great humanitarians but ONLY WHAT YOU DO FOR CHRIST WILL LAST!!
I agree with you!!! I understand, what I was referring to, is that why do the world always have to hear the church speaking negative, Sometimes, could we just be silent, ESPECIALLY when one's families are in mourning?

The man is not in his grave yet, (well yes he is )and the lost see us debating wether or not he is in hell. I just thank that is a heartless image to display.

Yes, only what you do for Christ will last, and that's the message we have to preach, but there is a time and place for everything? and again I'm not disagreeing with you.
Okay, and I hear what your saying but one I wasnt debating wether or not he was in hell. I dont have one to place him in, what I said was in reference to this: "I don't think that ones truly understand the sin of idolatry, even a fanatic fan does not fall into that realm, people DO get obsessed with other people and of course that is foolishness but NOT idolatry." And two no disrespect but was Jesus silent in these matters? Probably sometimes, but other times he spoke for example when he told the boy to follow him and the boy said let me first go and bury my father, what was Christ response? LET THE DEAD BURY THE DEAD. Sounds harsh but sometimes that's what we gotta do mega-star or not. And really thats all I'm trying to get across the job of the preacher is to CRY LOUD AND SPARE NOT even when it seems to us as unruly and unkind we gotta tell a dying world about a living saviour.

Now if you just want a minute to mourn MJ then just say that, and I'll understand.
i don't disagree with you i didn't say he didn't do any good i said i hope he was (saved) because after it is all over as my grandmother used to say and your tongue sticks to the roof of your mouth and you stand before god because the bible did says( 2 Cor 5:8 ) to be absent from the body and to be present with the lord but i hope he( REPENTED) of his sins and gave his life to God and i hope he was baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and filled with precious gift of the holyghost according to Acts 2:38 because you can do good all day everyday but if you are not saved you will hear the lord say ( I never knew you........) but i would rather hear him say (well done my good and faithful servant .....) thank you jesus that's all i ment by i hope he was saved

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service