Most Black churches have one thing in common, NO MEN! I have heard black pastor’s talk about how much more cooperative women are than men are when leading them. I think this is an excuse to not have to deal with the strong personalities of men. Men are born to lead and deal with problems. Many pastors are insecure and don’t like having strong men in their churches, and that is why their churches are dying! David led Israel primarily due to the fact that he had a forum of Mighty Men! In David’s later years he wrote a chapter of appreciation about the exploits of these men. No great leader can really be great without great MEN following them and also leading WITH them, Moses had Joshua to assist him, and Joshua was NO PUNK! He was a strong man of faith himself! Moses didn’t act intimidated by the fact that Joshua was a mighty man of God, Moses appreciated it! The main reason the Nation of Islam is so appealing to Black men is that is speaks to what men appreciate…STRENGTH! Black pastors WAKE UP and realize you need strong men to HELP you lead! There are too many limp wristed men in our churches! It is no wonder our sisters are facing a crisis in the area of finding a husband! A man must be discipled to not only grow in Christ, but grow as a leader in the body.

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother Glen, this is not directed to you, I just clicked ont he reply because you were the last poster.

Jesus is Lord even of the Sabbath: Matthews 12

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Mark 2:23-28

23 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.

24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him?

26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?

27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath

If you have Jesus, then EVERYDAY is the sabbath, because HE is the Lord of the sabbath.

How can we pin point "to day, to morrow, and the day after to morrow" as being from Wednesday to Saturday?  Scripture say that God rested on the seventh day, but it just say on the First day God created...etc.  What day is the first day?...we are to assume that it is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.  On which first day did God say let there be light?  The seventh day could be vice versa...but for many of us the seventh day is Sunday, because Monday is the beginning of the week for me and others.  Time on our end goes back and forth, and a day to us is a day but a thousand days to God, but God's time is NOW time. 

I pray for understanding and obedience to God’s word and lean not to my own understanding and that believers make EVERY day holy, because God say be you holy for I am holy and that we walk perfectly and upright EVERY day as unto the Sabbath.

In Love, Sister Denise

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service