And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. 2Kgs:2:12

Elisha cried, my father, my father, the chariot of Israel. This tells us something about the relationship between him and Elijah and the understanding that governs it. Elisha recognized Elijah as a father figure over him and he followed him closely, and could still call him his father after many years and even towards the end of his ministry. This equally reveals something about the character and spiritual vision of Elisha. Few today, can call those who brought them up father, in fact, one today is only a father until the children open their own ministries. Once they are no more under their fathers, to them, it's all over and those who were fathers are now colleagues and friends. Elisha did not say my colleague, my colleague or my friend, my friend; but my father, my father.

We all have colleagues and friends and we need them in our lives, but it is very important to know that, anointing is not transferred through the above relationships. Friends and colleagues, can sharpen one another, but there can't be any serious transference of grace and anointing except in a relationship between fathers and their children. So, when a father figure becomes a friend and colleague to you, then you will have very little to tap from his life and ministry. We need understanding as we prepare for the most exciting times of the moving of the spirit on the earth. If you have no father, you can't get farther. Dr Etta

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are blessed Jenine, let's stay in fellowship.Stay blessed

If you do not have God as your father you can't get any farther.  I agree.  If you are implying that you need man to move you along you are incorrect.  In fact there comes a time that God will break you of your dependance upon man.  Elijah encouraged Elisha to find his purpose in God apart from him.

I guess we need to have God as our father because most of our biological fathers are incarcerated, homosexual, AWOL (absent without leave), broke pulpit pimps, etc.  Most single parents serve as both mother and father.   

Our spiritual mother is the word of God and our spiritual father is the Holy Spirit.  Unless they are born of the water and spirit they can not enter into the Kindgom.   

For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 1 Cor 4:15

EACH ONE OF US NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO FATHERS OF FAITH NOT DENOMINATIONAL LEADERS. REAL FATHERS, IT IS SCRIPTURAL, GOD ORDAINED IT SO.THEY DON'T REPLACE GOD OVER OUR LIVES BUT THE OFFER A SORT OF SPIRITUAL COVERING AND LEADERSHIP WHICH IS VITAL IN OUR WALK WITH GOD. THE FACT THAT SOME MIGHT HAVE FALLEN IN SIN, THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE NOW HAVE TO THINK FATHERS ARE NO MORE RELEVANT. EVEN ELIJAH WAS NOT PERFECT, BUT ELISHA CALLED HIM FATHER!

Keep in mind that children are to leave their home, leave their biological mother/father and seek guidance from their spiritual father.  Elijah so encouraged Elisha.  You always will have someone using the father child mentoring theological premise in order to keep people under them (to control the weak).  Keep it balanced with multiple perspectives.  There is a time for all things.  Be still, move, fight, turn away wrath, laugh, cry, etc.  

Malachi 4:6, " And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the
children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."  We all need to be taught and mentored by men and women of God and not men and women of the world.  How can they hear without a preacher?  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service