Over the years, I have heard many men and women in the holiness denominations say that women shouldn't wear pants in the church.

Were is the scripture to support the ideology that women shouldn't wear pants? If it is in scripture then I would have to ask why are men wearing pants? Did men wear pants in biblical times or did their wear something that covered their loins and then long robe like attire? I mean isn't that what you depict in your biblical plays? So why aren't the men being asked to wear similar apparel in the church to maintain a outward appearance of holiness? Why aren't they asked to not cut their hair (both facial and head)

What are the clothing designations for men in the holiness denominations.

After all, without holiness NO man/woman shall see God.....

Views: 15694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that scripture is'nt ubder the law, it's a require life style, it is also repeated in the new testament. BUT, I tell you what is ubder the law, TITHING, DO YOU TITHE? THAT'S UNDER THE LAW!!

Actually it is under the "Law" (TORAH) however, you are correct in that it is about lifestyle...you know like the SAME LAWS of THIS COUNTRY which we follow everyday we live with mostly NO QUESTIONS...

SHALOM!

No i do not tithe.  i am not under the law.  You do not keep the law.  you cannot not keep the hundreds of laws that isreal was ordered to keep .  Do you live like an orthodox jew   i dont think so.

do you have 2 kitchens, do you eat pprk, shrimp  catfish   I bet you do.  do your menfolk cover their head in the santuary  i bet they dont.

GRACE AND LAW ARE ONE IN THE SAME YOU CAN SAY...you can't have one without the other which means that "grace" is not NT or OT it's part of YAH's Character....Grace did not come with the death of a prophet (JC), it (grace) has always been...If not...OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED INTO THE LAND!!!!

FOR THEIR TO BE A problem with obedience to the scriptures would be to follow (your own ways).

SHALOM!

I agree that one of the smallest problems the people of God have to worry about is women in pants. Too many churches strive to keep women in bondage but it can not worj
The issue here is that a woman should wear modest clothing. Modest, Greek word meaning kosmios. Whether or not that includes a pair of slacks should be a matter for the woman's own conscience before the Lord. Pay attention, if a woman allows her outward appearence to be the measure of her inward relationship with Christ, she is living under the constraints of legalism. Born-again women are FREE, yes FREE in Christ to wear whatever modest, kosmios, apparel they choose, and the only judgment they should be under is that of their own conscience. This is key here, "Everything that does not come from faith is sin" (Romans 14:23). We are not under the Law, Old Testament, but we are under grace, New Testament. We are saved my grace not by law. God bless you and may heaven surely smile on you.
Christian women should always be aware of Matthew 5:28, "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. " "Yeah, but wearing pants may be wrong for some saved women, but I'm not 'convicted' about it." So you're not "convicted" about wearing pants? Big deal. Does that give you permission to rebel against the Word of God? You must ask yourself, "What is the FINAL AUTHORITY on deciding what I believe and how I live? The Bible? Or how I 'feel' convicted?"
Jeremiah 17:9 - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"
Proverbs 14:12 - "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
Human feelings are very deceptive. We cannot rely on them. Any "leading" you may feel to do or not to do something that is contrary to the Word of God is not of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit NEVER leads contrary to the Bible, but He always leads according to the Bible.
Ephesians 6:17 - "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
1 John 5:7-8 - "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."
Many people claim not to be "convicted" about forsaking church attendance, drinking alcohol, smoking, gambling, cursing, fornication, adultery, and all manner of activities clearly forbidden in the Bible, but that does not make it all right for them to do these things. 1 John 4:1 warns us, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." To try and say that wearing pants may be wrong for some saved women and not for others is to engage in moral relativism which strips all authority from God's Word.
God does not have two sets of standards. He is no respecter of persons. Acts 10:34 - "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons."
Wearing pants is either wrong for ALL saved women, or it is wrong for none. In deciding if something is right or wrong, our first consideration must ALWAYS be what the Word of God says, not how we may "feel convicted."
I can't agree more on what you're saying, but do we as a people of the church set standards in our churches to where we give these standards to the people of the church. Meaning this, do the leaders tell women not to wear makeup on their faces because they are told to be Jezebels or do they tell women to wear their dresses to their ankles to be in the number to go to heaven. Are we going to be stop at the Gates of Heaven to be told that we can't enter because we wore a certain garment here on earth? If that's the case I might as well be very careful of what I wear. Jesus Christ still looks on the inside of man, I am not being convicted on what I have to do as far as being careful to what I do on earth. God has given us a choice, smoking or non-smoking? I am saved by grace and mercy. Not by what the world say or think.
He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater, He sendeth more strength when the labors increase; To added affliction He addeth His mercy, To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.
God’s grace is immeasurable, His mercy is inexhaustible, His peace is inexpressible.
The fullness of God’s matchless love Shines forth from Calvary; What mercy, grace He showed to us
When Jesus died upon that tree.
Jesus didn't die for you to be a miserable Christian. He died for you to be set free & to have joy overflowing.
"Start believing the Word of God over your feelings. The truth always overrides your feelings.
Find the truth in the scriptures."
Good answer. I commented on Eddie Long wearing body shirts in the pulpit. No men found a problem with that.
The old cTestament law says that you cannot wear 2 different fabrics at the same time. Do you abilde by that?
BUT, I BET IF I DID, THAT YOU SURE BELIEVE IN TITHING? NOW THAT IS LEGALISM, YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD. ASK YOUR SELF HOW DO PANTS ON A WOMAN MAKE HER LOOK HOLY? WHEN IT REVEALS THE SHAPE OF A WOMANS BUTT & FRONTAL V-SHAPE? AND CAUSE A MAN TO LUST! ASK GOD TO GIVE YOU WISDOM. CHECK OUT MY INDEPT TALK ON THIS SUBJECT ON:
WWW.BLOGTALKRADIO.COM/EVANGELISTMARTIN ON 11/6/20010 @12:00 NOON PST

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service