Over the years, I have heard many men and women in the holiness denominations say that women shouldn't wear pants in the church.

Were is the scripture to support the ideology that women shouldn't wear pants? If it is in scripture then I would have to ask why are men wearing pants? Did men wear pants in biblical times or did their wear something that covered their loins and then long robe like attire? I mean isn't that what you depict in your biblical plays? So why aren't the men being asked to wear similar apparel in the church to maintain a outward appearance of holiness? Why aren't they asked to not cut their hair (both facial and head)

What are the clothing designations for men in the holiness denominations.

After all, without holiness NO man/woman shall see God.....

Views: 15696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do not be led astray DRESS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE ADDRESSED.
And on the other hand whatever i do that will make brother/sister to fall i am supposed to do it.
If its wearing pants that will cause him/her to fall i should not do it and its better for me not to be born than to do it or a milestone be tied to my neck and hang (says the scriptures in paraphrased version).
You can not please all of the people all of the time. Please God and God did not say do not wear pants
Ah, now this I like. Well said.
I totally agree with you You must have read my mind. I just said about two week ago why aren't men wearing what they were wearing when Jesus was walking with his followers. Jesus is not short of nothing and there is no short cuts in his word. I am in agreement with you about this Jesus is looking at a standard in your life not your attire( pants or dresses).
My friend I agree. But why are women still being criticized. Eddie Long wore the most provocative clothing. Did anyone talk about him. His clothes wee so tight unitl I wondered what would people say if a woman had dressed the same way. STOP THE DOUBLE STANDARD
That's because there is a double standard of oppression in the church. And it always amazes me that it is the WOMEN (not you) who contnue these oppressive and dogmatic ideas against other women, keeping themselves bound all at the same time. Self hate..... Be you, and be holy too!
Amen brother. I was told thatCOGIC will not ordain women because the womens department would be torn up, I could not even say a word. Women get up off of us
I don;t think it is wrong to wear pants to church. The wrost hurt years ago was a church hurt from long dress wearing sisters. I have found that when some come and their clothing is tight or pants hanging, the change comes through the anointed WORD. The anointing detroys yolks. Sisters that wore the clothing low and tight, brothers that was dope slinging with their pants low eight months ago DO NOT dress the same. I work with the homeless and often they are coming from the corner (excuse the expression) Ho stro, the crack house. re entry from prison, the shelter, even some living under the bridge. In the mist of their maddnes they remembered some one told the about a house of refuge!! The HOSPITAL the Church. And they come as they are. When we are sick and go to ER we are not concerned who sees us bloodied, clothing cut off WE ARE DYING. We just want some one to save us. The same with the church. (WITH LOVE AND KINDNESS HAVE I DRAWN THEE).
If you hold a position such as a minister, deacon and there is order of dress. so beit. (All things are to done decent and in order). I so thankful in the midst of my madness the saints of God just loved the hell out of me.. lol And change came with the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Anointed One, and cultivated by the word.
I agree that there is nothing wrong with wearing pants, but also agree with obeying your leader if your leader says don't wear them to church or don't wear them at all then that is something I must follow so I won't be in error to my leadership. Obey those that have rule over thee; so wearing pants is not a sin but if your leader says don't do then you are in error against leadership if you go over it. "The word teaches, guides and yes it also dress you ( the HolyGhost will let you know).
CASE: MAKING HOLINESS THE APPEAL:
“SAVED WOMEN DRESSING BECOMING TO HOLINESS”

I WILL BE TALKING ON THE SUBJECT “CHURCH WOMEN IN PANT’S” TUNE IN TO MY RADIO BLOG TALK SHOW THIS SATURDAY @ 12:00 NOON (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME)
www.blogtalkradio.com/mkvisions
HOT TOPICs! LEARN THE TRUTH FINALLY!
I was just saying something some time ago is when we (Believers in Christ), get to heaven, will someone like the archangels Michael and/or Gabriel be standing at the pearly gates checking you off before you enter into the kingdom that women were wearing pants on earth? This may sound funny, but it is serious. I know we as minister will have to hold a certain standard in our churches. I had to get used to wearing suits because I am not a suit person, but as long as I am on assignment, I have to do what is asked of me. Christ is once again looking for saved souls, souls that were hurting, but now are healed. If someone tells me that I can't go to heaven because I am not wearing a certain garment, I will tell them that satan is a liar and the truth is not in them. God bless.
CASE: MAKING HOLINESS THE APPEAL:
“SAVED WOMEN DRESSING BECOMING TO HOLINESS”

I WILL BE TALKING ON THE SUBJECT “CHURCH WOMEN IN PANT’S” TUNE IN TO MY RADIO BLOG TALK SHOW THIS SATURDAY @ 12:00 NOON (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME)
www.blogtalkradio.com/mkvisions
HOT TOPICs! LEARN THE TRUTH FINALLY!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service