The Greatest Impact

Who has the greatest impact? A large ministry with buildings, land and staff? What about the ministers who don’t even have a secretary? Surely you wouldn’t invite them to minister. What about a name you have never heard before? You wouldn’t consider them to come and minister because they haven’t made a name for themselves…after all you have to prove yourself, and make yourself known to get the creditability you need to get invitations. Right? You need a divine connection to help you become known, without that you will never make it. Right?

You know there are ministers who have websites, but don’t have a secretary. However, you would never know that by the impact of their website. Is not having a secretary a sign that they aren’t anointed, or are immature. Does this mean they are not ready to minister yet? If you don’t have a secretary does this lesson the impact of your message to the Body of Christ?

What determines IMPACT? Smith Wigglesworth was born and raised in the same house he lived in when he died. It was a small three story house. He did not have land, big buildings, a staff and a big organization. His impact, on the world, came out of his little house. There is nothing wrong with these things, however they DO NOT determine impact. Wigglesworth is still impacting our lives and ministries today, and he isn’t even on earth anymore! So I ask again, what determines impact?

In one of Kenneth E. Hagin’s visitations from Jesus. Jesus spoke to him and said, “Follow my Spirit and I will make you rich.” Rich? The mind of Christ has a different definition of rich than does the world. Rich is having a FULL SUPPLY, Philippians 4:19. It’s everything you need to do what God has called you to do, with plenty left over for your personal everyday needs. Being rich is also excelling in spiritual gifts and blessings, Ephesians 1:3. The key to having the greatest impact on the world, is to follow the Holy Spirit. Wigglesworth did just that. Kenneth E. Hagin did just that, as well as many others. Those who are gone on, that are still impacting the world, are those that were led by the Spirit.

What is our focus on today? Impressing or Impacting? Many ministers seem to be led by their own mentality as they seek to impress. They appear successful, but where is their impact? A mega sanctuary full of people; is this really a sign of impact? Are these people who pack out mega-size sanctuaries healing the sick, and raising the dead? Are they proficient at operating in the unseen world? II Corinthians 4:18. Are they impacting the World? There is nothing wrong with having a mega church or having a small or smaller church, but where is the impact? I don’t believe that God is into numbers. Numbers are of the natural world. A lot of us ministers have used numbers to measure success. Numbers do not measure success. Listen, I learned a long time ago that I would rather have a hand full of people who comply to the Word of God, and are led by the Holy Spirit, then to have a sanctuary full of demons. Christians who are governed by demonic power won’t move with the Holy Spirit, Acts 28:17. We must move with Him as He leads us into deeper things in the spirit realm. The deeper we go in Him the richer it gets. It appears that being led by the Spirit is becoming a lost concept.

Has the pride of the world, which is the mind of Satan, gotten so far into the church that we only follow the Spirit in some areas of life and ministry, and follow our own thoughts in the other areas? If this be the case, we are guilty of mixed worship. To follow our own plan part of the time and God’s plan part of the time, is worshiping Him on the mountain in the high places, in the temple of the Lord, but also worshiping idols, in the high places, in the temple of Baal.

Part of the breakdown in being led by the Spirit is that many churches are WORD heavy. Word with no, to little, Spirit produces legalism. The Spirit of God is not involved in legalism. Then there are those churches who are Spirit heavy, with very little Word. This produces WEIRD.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Sometimes we do get out of step with the Spirit, but this does not mean we are not sons. Repentance gets us back in step. I believe that being led by the Spirit is evidence that we are sons of God. I have witnessed ministers who think they are being led by the Spirit, who are not. They have become so accustomed to this way of operation, they have no idea that they are being led by self, man, and sometimes by the enemy.

II Corinthians 11:29:30
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

For this cause of not discerning the Body of Christ many are sickly and die prematurely. Instead of discerning the spirit of a minister we measure him by what we think is success, numbers, and stuff. If they don’t meet our natural standards we discredit him. Most, may not discredit someone with their words, but do in their heart. How many opportunities have we blown by because they didn’t meet our standards?

Do you know that there are many ministers who have never been on TBN and may never do Christian television, who pastor small churches in small towns, who are full of impact? What produces a powerful impacting anointing? Spirit and Word. It’s those that live a consecrated life, in the Spirit, and in the Word that make the greatest impact. Many ministers here in the U.S. minister in other countries and if the truth be told they receive more honor and respect outside of their home country. The greatest way to respect a minister is to receive and respond to them. I minister in Lusaka Zambia where the people are so spiritual that they discern the impact within me, and treat me just as they treat the Lord Himself. They don’t care that I am not well-known in the U.S. They are not looking for well-known, they are looking for the power that will changes lives and impact their country. They are ignorant at measuring success by natural standards. They are Spirit and Word people. My greatest impact in ministry is in Lusaka Zambia. “Well you know they did the same to Jesus,” Matthew 13:57. Just because it was that way for Jesus, are we supposed to accept not being honored in our own country? NO! We need to follow the Spirit, it doesn’t matter that you haven’t heard of this or that minister before. They could be carrying your answer. We are all carriers of the incorruptible Seed, whether known or not.

What am I saying? Let’s discern the Body of Christ, be led by the Spirit, and be willing and obedient to open doors of opportunity, as we need doors of opportunity open for us as well.

At this present time, if you call my ministry you will hear, “Solid Front for Christ, this is Pastor Darla.”

Views: 11

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service