8 Recovery Principles, based on the Beatitudes, by Rick Warren
1. Realize I'm not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
" Happy are those who know that they are spiritually poor." Matthew 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
"Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:3
3.Consciously chooseto commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control.
"Happy are the meek." Matthew 5:5
4. Openly examine and confessmy faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust.
"Happy are the pure in heart." Matthew 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and hhumbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
"Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires." Matthew 5:6
6. Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done to others, except when to do so would harm them or others.
"Happy are the merceful." Matthew 5:7
"Happy are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words.
" Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires." Matthew 5:10
Location: Trinity Church, 2122 W. Joppa Rd. Lutherville, Md 21093
Latest Activity: Apr 20, 2013
Please,please,please watch this video, this is a life changer if you seek changer in your life.
Everybody needs to see this 2 minute video it says it all, and it could change your life forever.
This group does not have any discussions yet.
YOU WILL BE MY WITNESS
A Gospel Tract Workshop
By Warrior Richardson, Instructor
Develop drawing skills and learn to use them to present the good news about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
This workshop consists of eight 4-hour sessions for a total of 32 hours. The first two hours of each session consists of learning to communicate the basics of the Christian faith clearly. The last two hours consist of learning basic drawing skills.
For more information go to www.warriorrichardson.com.
© 2023 Created by Raliegh Jones Jr.. Powered by
You need to be a member of CELEBRATE RECOVERY to add comments!