The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

What profit does a man have of all his labour which he takes under the sun?

One generation passes away, and another generation comes, but the earth abides for ever.

The sun arises, and the sun goes down, and with desire returns to his place from which he arises again.

The wind goes toward the south and turns about unto the north; it whirls about continually, and the wind returns again according to its circuits. 

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, there they return again. 

All things are full of labour; more than man can express; the eye is not satisfied with seeing nor the ear filled with hearing.

We can all relate to the frustration of the author , of the mundane repetition of life. We work hard , yet never seem to have enough, any advances we seem to make only is met with more frustration. We get minimum wage increases, or a salary raise only to see it vaporize by taxes or prices increase.

My grand parents are no longer here, my parents are gone, I watch as friends and family disappear from this existence. 

The Fiddler on the roof sang Sun rise, sun set .. day after day we wake up dress, eat , shower, shave, work , drive, shop, pay bills eat sleep only to repeat over and over day after day ... 

Is it any wonder the writer says all is vanity . Empires rise fall, countries change, world is tossed back and forth through war after war, conflict after conflict, none seem ever to learn the price people pay, Innocent die, guilty live, it seems so unjust. 

Depression is a major plague that grips us as we feel trapped in the mortal existence with only one hope of relief seems to be death itself.. yet we will read in a later text of a hope, of a moment when this mundane ever insane world of existence , a world tomorrow governed by the Mashiyach Him self . 

What can we learn form this ?

What is the profit of the words written ?

Who is the author ?

Can you personalize this ??

Views: 26

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service