In this discussion I want to explore a topic that I think is very important to the body of Christ, but at the sametime has been exploited, mishandled and has been made common. The Bible states that in the book of Joel 2:28a "That I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh and your sons and daughters shall prophesy."

This writing of scripture is not discussing so much the office of the Prophet according to the new testament classification of five fold ministry, but rather to the spirit of the prophetic being released body wide. The ability to hear Gods voice prophetically for your life and the power of God being released in your life.

The Office of the prophetic is very different, it effects Govermental systems in the body fo Christ. On a local, regional, national and international level.

Later on in this discussion I will be adding a discussion sound file, that explores ths topic further.

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Bless You i see no one as of yet has replied, so I am adding this clip of discussion to the discussion.
Attachments:
Let me start by saying Bless you man of God for posing this question. There are three different areas when speaking of prophecy. The gift of prophecy, the spirit of prophecy, and the offices of the prophetic. Let us start with the spirit of prophecy. This is what give the ability for someone who is not prophetic to give a word. I Samuel 10:5,6 says " After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where is the garrison of th Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city,that shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy: And the spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man. Saul was not called to be prophetic, nor to the office, but because the spirit of the Lord, he was able to prophesy. Let me bring this to a modern setting, A church service where the Spirit is high and someone gives a word that normally doesn't, we always are quick to jump and so oh that person is prophetic, no they are not they were the most open and willing at the time to hear God's voice and speak what they heard. Just because there are prophets in the house doesn't always mean that we are listening for the voice of God. The gift of prophesy is exactly that a gift given by God. You hear God you speak what He says, but it's not an all the time thing. The office of the prophetic, deal with things on a much deeper level, it affect the government of church. It's a God ordained position. Samuel whom his mother gave back to God was called and appointed by God from a young age. Jeremiah, a prime example, "Before I formed the in the belly I kenw thee; and before thou samest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. The office is not just for the local body but for the body as a whole. Most people do not understand the differance in these areas and they misinterpret what it really means. Some even seek the position because well know people who say the are prophets to the nation, and have furtune and fame and make the life of a prophet look glamourous. In actuallality the life of a prophet is lonely. God seperate you so you can only hear Him. There is teaching on the prophetic at church anymore. Thankfully I had prophetic spiritual parents to train me up to encourage me and give reading assignments and rebuke me when I was wrong. Taught me how to be still and hear the voice of God. Taught me how to purify my prophetic stream as to not tant what God is saying, so I won;t hear from my own soulish desires and hear the will of God. Study the prophets in the Bible and you will clearly see, that humility and submission were key in being a prophet.
Sister Smith,

You are correct in your explaination of the prophetic. But let me add a twist to it. We today have to know what the differences are of the purpose of a prophet. One who sits in the office has to be open and abedient to the call in order to be effective. Today the prophetic has been in many words prostituted for the sake of offerings and blessings. A true prophet gives a word that does many things. The bible declares that a word from a prophet should edify, instruct, reproach the people. We have to be aware when a prophet begins to speak the words of blessings that he/she isn't coming from the prophets of Baal; who rest upon mear survival tactics to aquire blessings from the people of God.

You will know a true prophet for the word that they give will convict you as well as confrim what God has been saying to the people.

Prophet Carl Ashton

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service