Last week, I went to the store to purchase a coat for my daughter. While we were in the car, my daughter initiated a conversation that went something like this...

Momma, where are we going?
We are going to the store?
Why?
To buy you a coat.
Why?
Because the one you have on now is getting too small for you to wear. When we go inside the store, you will take your old coat off and try on a new coat.
Why? I don't want to take my coat off.
You have to take your old coat off before you can put on a new coat.
Why?
So that I can tell if the new coat fits you properly. You can not get a proper fit if you do not take off the old coat first.
Ohhhh, okay.

Although I do not believe that my 5 year old daughter fully understood what I was explaining to her, I believe that God wanted me to be sure that I understood what He was explaining to me.

It is time for a new coat. There is a change that God is doing in our lives. We have to make sure that we are not being like my daughter in trying to put the new on top of the old. New wine can't go in old wine skins. The thing you used to do and the person you used to be can not be held onto when God is trying to do a new thing in your life and make you a new person.

Sometimes, we keep God in the box of yesterday. We act as though what He did yesterday was the finale...His best. That is a lie! While yesterday's glories was wonderful, they do not compare to what God wants to do to us, for us, in us and through us. The best is yet to come.

Let go of the past and let God out of the box. He is a progressive God. The new manifestation of Himself can not be contained in the box of yesterday. Do not become stifled because of fear. Give God permission to take off the old and provide you with the new. Relationships, revelations, and rituals can be the old covering that we continue to rely on. God wants to give you new relationships, revelations and rituals that will manifest His presence and power in the world.

Please remember, you will never get a proper fit unless you rid yourself of the old first. Is God trying to remove somethings and/or some people from your life? Is God trying to remove you from somethings and/or some people? Is it time for a new covering? Ask Him...it is worth exploring.

Blessings,
Mary

Views: 28

Replies to This Discussion

I have to agree that it is the season for "changing coats." We get too comfortable sometimes and forget that change is a friend... perhaps an uncomfortable friend, but a friend! Although God never changes, He did not create anything to stay the same. Weather changes, plants change, animals change, seasons change, and we change constantly. What a time to relearn how to surrender fully to HIm once again as He changes our coats!

Thanks for sharing!
With the changes of the seasons, we must remember that one season has to make way for the new season. The same holds true in our lives. Thank God for your response

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service