"Sister, I sat next to you in church today. Did you notice that my shoes had holes in them? Did you notice that I had on the same outfit for the last three weeks? Did you notice that my children talked about their hunger the entire service? Sister when I sat next to you, did you notice me?

Sister, I sat next to you in church today. Did you notice the bruise underneath my glasses? Did you notice that my hair was shedding? Did you notice that my trembling hands could not turn the pages of the bible? Sister when I sat next to you, did you notice me?

Sister, I sat next to you in church today. Did you hear my silent screams or my hollering whispers for help? Did you notice the tears of despair streaming down my face? Did you see my shame ridden countenance that prevented me from lifting my head? Sister when I sat next to you, did you notice me?

Sister, I sat next to you in church today. Did you realize that I was your assignment? Did you realize that God anointed you to help me today? Did you understand that I needed to see the manifested power of Jesus Christ that resides in you to deliver me? Sister when I sat next to you, did you notice me?"

Sisters next time we are in church, let us be conscious of who is sitting next to us. There is a growing population of people sitting in the church services with us who are enduring tremendous hardships that we do not know about. Believe me...I used to be one of them. Let us not be so focused on our need or our greed that we forget to recognize the signs of those in need of help in our congregations. They may be sitting next to you.

Blessings,
Mary Pounds

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Dr. Marino,
May God receive all the glory as we, sisters, make His love tangible to the hurting souls. May God continue to bless you and your ministry.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service