Dr. Maria Saunders, Pastor's Page
- City You Live In: (Add closest Major City in Parentheses)
- State You Live In:
- VIRGINIA VA
- Church Status:
- Senior Pastor
- Church Name:
- Transformation Worship Center
- College Attended (optional):
- Richmond VA Seminary, B.Th.; Christian Life School of Theology, M.Div., D. Min.
- About Me: (Ministry Info, Hobbies, Fav. Music etc.)
- Dr. Maria Saunders is a licensed and ordained minister. She is the founder and pastor of Transformation Worship Center in Newport News, VA whose mission is to ‘transform brokenness into wholeness through the impartation and application of God’s Word thus birthing divine healing in the people of God.’
Dr. Saunders authored a published book entitled “Come With Me to the Secret Place – The Place to Find Solace.” It’s a story of how God used her trying times to develop a closer relationship with Him and how God drew her to her Secret Place through the studying of Psalms 91. (You may order the book through Barnes and Nobles or amazon.com).
Through the Holy Spirit’s leading she operates in the teaching and healing ministry, and the praise and worship ministry. She is a former instructor for the Virginia Baptist Sunday School Conference and Baptist Training Union. Presently, Pastor Saunders is an adjunct professor at Canaan Theological Seminary. She has eleven years’ experience in the nonprofit industry and presently is a nonprofit consultant in the areas of grant writing and fundraising, as well as human resources. She formerly served as an adjunct professor at Richmond Virginia Seminary, Calvary Bible College, and Hampton University. She also has worked in the nonprofit arena as an Executive Director of a program for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as a homeless shelter for women and children. She is a former Director of Administrative Services of a program for ex-offenders of substance abuse (drugs and alcohol).
She studied at Norfolk State College (Business Education) and Saint Leo College (Computer Information Systems). She holds a Bachelor of Theology and a Bachelor of Arts in Religion from Richmond Virginia Seminary. Additionally, she holds a Master of Theology and a Master of Divinity from Christian Life School of Theology and an earned Doctor of Ministry from Christian Life School of Theology.
Pastor Maria Saunders is the wife of the late Mr. Charlie H. Saunders (23 years of marriage) and the mother to three adult children (Kimberly, Tyffani and Torland). Her most important quality is that she seriously loves the Lord. Her motto is ‘Never close a door that is opened by the hands of God. Walk through the door and keep the faith.’
- Favorite Preachers:
- Dr. Dwight Riddick (her pastor), Dr. Charles Stanley, Dr. John W. Kinney, Joyce Meyers, Dr. Natalie Francisco, Dr. Jasmine Sculark, Dr. Millicent Thomas, Pastor Sheryl Brady, Dr. Noel Jones, Pastor Jackie Parham, Dr. Marion Kirby,
Dr. Maria Saunders, Pastor's Photos
Dr. Maria Saunders, Pastor's Videos