City You Live In: (Add closest Major City in Parentheses)
State You Live In:
Young Memorial UHC
College Attended (optional):
Suny and Vance Granville Commuity College
About Me: (Ministry Info, Hobbies, Fav. Music etc.)
I am truly Blessed, by knowing the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.who saved a hell bound sinner like me. I'm Saved, Saintified, and filled with the Holy spirit. I strive each and everyday to do whats right, knowing that we can be perfect only in Jesus Christ. and practice what is right in the sight of God so He can direct my way according to His will. Brooklyn born, Parents were Rev Robert Archie Lewis and Mary Lewis. My father pastored Bright Light Baptist church in Brooklyn NY in the early 50-60s until his death 1961
My home church is Greater Bright Light Missionary BC in Brooklyn NY.
I relocated to NC 2000, with my wonderful husband Bernard and daughter Ashley..
Minister Ricardo, bless you, you conformed what I was dicussing today with a sister, who is my assistant secratary of our district Missionary dept.. She and I was talking about change in our oganization. It is insanity to expect change and you doing the same thing over and over again. I needed to see this and I will get it to them that need to SEE IT! Be bless Josie in NC
Why people resist change…
Leaders resist change as much as followers do. The result? Unchanged leaders equals unchanged organizations. Here’s 10 reasons why people resist change:
1. The change isn’t self-initiated (Someone else’s idea)
2. Routine is disrupted (We are creatures of habit)
3. Change creates fear of the unknown.
Many people are more comfortable with old problems than with new solutions
4. The purpose of the change is unclear (God leads in steps you don’t always know Z, start with A.)
5. Change creates fear of failure (What if we loose? What if you win?)
6. People are too satisfied with the way things are.
Too many people and organizations and people choose to die rather than choose to change.
Remember:Same actions bring same results!
7. Change requires additional commitment. (Whatever it takes)
8. Tradition resists change.
9. Pride resists change.
10. Our want to and excitement has changed. Keep that game face attitude.
Those we lead need an example of choosing to be flexible and how to accept changes. Will you be that kind of example? If you want to continue leading, you must continue changing.