CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS
Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.
1. Pray (Prayer always prepares the mind and spirit to see things as God does!)
2. Go to bed on time. (This will be easier to achieve when you begin to do steps 4 - 6)
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed. (You may set aside special time with God to start the day. Even so, pray for God's direction, peace. and favor for the day ahead)
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and un clutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety . If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't us e credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a cd or tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life. (Some good praise music or your favorite preacher)
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone. (Steal away to collect your thoughts or talk with God)
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people. (Going to church or Gospel City are great places to start)
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you Jesus."
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36 Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.
GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU.
"If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
"The human mind may devise many plans, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will be established." - Proverbs 19:21
The word states, "my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6)
written by Kevin Bond
Reposted and edited by Arleen Dorn
for the encouragement of the body of Christ!