Rat Poison

By Robert Cohen Executive Director

It's The Law - Rat Poison Must Be Added to Milk

In 1932, Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations required that
400 units of rat poison be added to every quart of milk sold
in America.

• Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3): One of the most dangerous rat poisons out there is a Vitamin D3-based rodenticide. This type basically increases calcium blood levels so high that it causes a secondary kidney failure. With this type of rat poison, only a tiny amount needs to be ingested before it causes a problem, and long-term, expensive treatment is usually necessary. This is the type to avoid in your garage, as it has no antidote!

I receive over 2,000 letters each day, but one letter (from
Dr. John Unruh Unruh@aol.com), written in jest, contained a
remarkable fact.

"Dear Robert, I do not know how you find this stuff but you
continue to pile on the evidence as to why milk equals rat
poison. Keep up the good work."

Dear Dr. Unruh,

Your "rat-poison" metaphor is quite close to the truth.

A brochure produced by the Ministry of Environment in
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, reveals the rat-posion
link:

"SAFE AND SENSIBLE PEST CONTROL"

The brochure represents a series of "safe and sensible" pest
control measures, according to the Canadian Health Minister.
Canadian health officials believe that Vitamin D-3 is the
most effective and ecologically sound method of dealing with
rat and mouse infestation.

Information on milk cartons reveal that two ingredients fill
the container: Milk and Vitamin D-3. Vitamin D-3 is used to
kill rats! Why is it added to milk for our children to drink
in the name of good health?

According to the Canadian brochure, products containing
Vitamin D-3 (calciferol) kill by vitamin overdose after 3-4
days. The Vitamin D-3 actually mobilizes excessive amounts
of calcium from an animal's bones.

And you thought that Vitamin D-3 in milk helped to absorb
calcium. Another dairy industry myth!

Don't try this at home. When the animal dies within your
walls, its putrefying body will add the most unpleasant
bouquet to your environment. The offensive smell may last
for months.

Many methods of mice and rat control are discussed. I prefer
the most foolproof of methods: Don't let them eat your food.
Store all foods in refrigerators or tamper-proof containers.
With no food supply, mice and rats go elsewhere to dine.

How soon we forget! Children are taught in first grade that
Vitamin D is the "sunshine vitamin." Vitamin D is a steroid
hormone and is synthesized in one's body after skin is
exposed to sunlight. Once the body has made enough, it will
produce no more. Too much Vitamin D can be toxic and result
in bone loss.

In 1963, the journal Pediatrics (Volume 31) revealed:

"Consuming as little as 45 micrograms of Vitamin D-3 in
young children has resulted in signs of overdose." (one
gallon of milk contains 1600 IU, or 40 micrograms).

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine
(Volume 326, 1992) revealed that of 42 milk samples, only
12% were within the expected range of Vitamin D content.
Testing of 10 samples of infant formula revealed seven with
more that twice the Vitamin D content reported on the label,
one of which had more than four times the label amount.

Email This Page to Someone you care about!

Robert Cohen, author of: MILK A-Z
(201-871-5871)
Executive Director (notmilkman@notmilk.com)
Dairy Education Board
http://www.notmilk.com

Do you know of a friend or family member with one or more of these
milk-related problems? Do them a huge favor and forward the URL or this
entire file to them.

Do you know of someone who should read these newsletters? If so, have them
send an empty Email to notmilk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and they will
receive it (automatically)!

Views: 5

Comment

You need to be a member of Black Preaching Network to add comments!

Join Black Preaching Network

© 2021   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service