John 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.
Dakness has some power, is strong, fearsome and is related to satan,demons, evil powers, sin, death, problems, sicknesses, wrath,purnishment defeat, failure etc (Exo10:15,23; Lam3:6; Matt8:12; Eph6:12; 1John1:6; Job10:21).
However light is stronger, comforting, enjoyable and such like and is equated with Jesus as he declared himself in scripture Joh 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the Light of the world. Thetrefore light is also comparable to victory, health, success, blessings and all good things you can talk about.
At some stage of our lives we may either be going through a time of dakness full of challenges, problems, trials, lack, sicknesses etc or are experiencing the great light of God of blessings, success good health, prosperity etc.
If you are going through a hard time of darkness, two things are important, have Jesus in you and believe in him for you victory. When you have Jesus the light that overcomes, defeats, overtakes and triumphs over darkness is in you. John says of this light/Jesus in 1Jn 3:8 ... For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Yes Jesus the light was manifested to destroy the works of the devil like those challenges and problems you are having.
This Jesus came that we may walk/live in the light (experience the good things of light). He said in John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. So dear one if you have Jesus and believe him today you are not going to abide any more in that darkness. The Lord is going to shine your darkness irespective of what it is. He came to destroy the works of the devil/darkness so the ones you are going through must be destroyed that you may experience/walk in the light.
From the Bible I realize darkness always comes first, even at creation darkness was there before light came. Gen 1:2 the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. Therefore my friend though your lot has been total darkness for some time thank God that his light is coming and when it comes there shall be no trace of the darkness you have gone through. Is like when you arrive in your house at night and the lights are off hence total darkness but immediately you put on the lights the dakness disapears without atrace. Yes the devil came first to trouble you with all sorts of problems but Jesus is also come for your deliverance and blessings. consider Joh 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. The Lord will light you darkness and demonstrate the trouph of light over dakness / Jesus over the devil.
The Lord will light your darkness in either of these ways:
(1) Delivering you from the darkness and transfering you into his light. The Lord will rescue, grab,deliver or snach you from a asituation, area or environment of darkness or problems for that matter and transfer you to aplace and environment of light. So the Bible says this Col 1:13 For He has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son;
Remember when Peter was bound in prison and the Angel came to deliver him. He didn't even know what was hapening until he was in aplace of "total light" acts 12:9-11 And he went out and followed him. And he did not know that this happening through the angel was true, but thought he saw a vision. When they were past the first and second guard, they came to the iron gate that leads to the city, which opened to them of its own accord. And they went out and passed on through one street. And immediately the angel departed from him. And having come to himself, Peter said, Now I know surely that the Lord has sent His angel and has delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.
(2) Commanding His light to shine in that very place or situatuation of darkness. He doesn't take you out of that dark place but changes the bad place. It could be you've been experiencing atime of darkness in your business, ministry, relationship etc cheer up the Lord is commanding his light into your situation. So you'll sudenly sart to see changes for the better where things were very bad/dark
Threfore by all means the Lord will light your situation hence you can say with David 2Sa 22:29 You, LORD, are my light; you dispel my darkness.
However you also have to :
(1) Forsake or leave sin - Evil will hinder God to move in your life. The Bible says this in Isa 59:1-2 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. And there is this scripture which shows how secret sins can hinder our healing/deliverance Hos 7:1-2 When I would have healed Israel, then the iniquity of Ephraim was uncovered, and the wickedness of Samaria. For they have worked falsehood. And the thief comes in, the troop of robbers plunders outside. And they do not say within their hearts that I remember all their evil. Now their own doings have hemmed them in; they are before My face.
(2) Do good, be benevolent, minister to one another especially to the needy with your possessions. The Bible says in Isa 58:7-10 Share your food with the hungry and open your homes to the homeless poor. Give clothes to those who have nothing to wear, and do not refuse to help your own relatives.
"Then my favor will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you; my presence will protect you on every side.
When you pray, I will answer you. When you call to me, I will respond. "If you put an end to oppression, to every gesture of contempt, and to every evil word;
if you give food to the hungry and satisfy those who are in need, then the darkness around you will turn to the brightness of noon.
(3) Pay attention to, keep or do the word of God. Remember the Bible says God watches over his word to fulfill it. Therefore if God finds his word in you to warant your deliverance, healing, blessings etc he will fulfill it by giving you that which you need and deserve. So observe the word until the dawn for your miracle comes.
The Bible says in 2Pe 1:19 So we are even more confident of the message proclaimed by the prophets. You will do well to pay attention to it, because it is like a lamp shining in a dark place until the Day dawns and the light of the morning star shines in your hearts.
(4) Arise - As God causes his light to shine in you life it may be of little help to you if you continue siting down maybe nursing your wounds. You can appropriate the light of the Lord in your life or your way by arising by faith to shine with the light of the Lord. The bible says in Isa 60:1-3 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Even though your light may have come it will not shine until you arise, so I challenge you to gather the little strength you have and arise to shine. When you arise and start shining your light shall draw blessings and people of substance to you hence your life will never be the same again.
Don't fear or be in doubt for your light will not go off again for when the Lord causes you to shine he does not withdraw his light. Remember his blessings make rich and add no sorrow with them. So I bring you good news, the Lord is shining your life and your light will never go off hence your days of mouning and suffering are coming to an end.
The Bible says in Isa 60:20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
Joh 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.
The darkness of problems, sufferings, sicknesses, lack, regection etc will not prevail over you but you'll overcome them for Jesus the light is in you, you're going to be more than aconquerer through Christ who has loved you.
Have ablessed atriumphant week.