HI dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Please read carefully Acts 15:1-29 and tell me if we should ask Gentile believers to observe the Sabbah!

I know that Jesus said: “I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.”

Matthew 5:18

But I also know that: “Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Mark 2:27-28

I also know that:”There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 3:28

I also know that Paul said: “28A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.”

Romans 2:28-29

I also know that Paul said: “19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
Righteousness Through Faith
21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,[a] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. 29Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Romans 3:19-31

This is what we should ask gentile believers to do!!!

“8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

Ephesians 2:8-10

What Sabbath for GENTILE BELIEVERS? Jesus-Christ is our Sabbath. He is our rest, he is all for us. We Worship Him every day; from Saturday to Sunday (No particular day set apart for the worship!)

Please read carefully the testimony below, from a friend of mine and answer my question above!

"God bless you Brother,

There are 4 main views of the Sabbath circulating today. http://www.bible.ca/7-4-positions.htm I do not hold to the positions championed by this (or any site) in their entirety but these links I am giving you have some good info on this subject.
I used to be a Sabbath keeper until I discovered that many of the things that were taught to me as truth were in fact error.
7th Day Sabbatarians say that the Sabbath was instituted at creation and was made for all men. Contrary to Sabbatarian assertions, the Bible is completely silent upon the subject of the “Sabbath” until the time of the Exodus. In fact, the word “Sabbath” is not even mentioned in the Bible until 2,600 years after Creation week. Check your Bible Concordance and you will discover the Hebrew word for “rest” (“Shabbat”/Sabbath – in the sense of resting from one’s work) is not mentioned until the Exodus, 2,600 years after Creation!
In other words it was part of the law given to Moses and although some like to separate the 10 from the 613 laws (as I used to and even many Sunday keeping Churches do) they are not separated into categories by the Bible. There are many "moral" laws in the "ceremonial" sections, and there are ceremonies in the "moral" sections. Even Jesus blended the Ten Commandments with other laws when he gave his sermon on the mount, found in Matthew 5.
http://www.apostolic.net/biblicalstudies/law.htm#Anchor1
http://www.nonsda.org/study2.shtml
http://www.bible.ca/7-10=1stCoven.htm
Sabbath keepers tell everyone that Colossians 2:16-17 refers to the annual Sabbath days and not to the weekly Seventh-day Sabbath.
However, in the Bible, when an author wanted to draw attention to the entire set of ceremonial holy days, he would refer to the yearly, monthly and weekly events - to represent the entire system. The annual Sabbaths were already included in the verse as part of the annual "festivals", so it would make no sense to mention them again. Notice that the Week-Month-Year pattern is used in Colossians 2:16:
Therefore let no one pass judgement on you in questions of food and drink or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a sabbath. (Col. 2:16 RSV)

If we use the Bible to interpret the Bible, the overwhelming evidence points to Colossians 2:16 as referring to the weekly Sabbath. I can show 10 other places where this pattern shows the entire Week-Month-Year but there are none where this pattern fits the weekly Sabbath. See the chart on this at the link below.
http://www.nonsda.org/study1.shtml

They twist the Greek when it suits them as in Acts 20:7 & 1 Cor 16:1 http://www.bible.ca/7-sabbath-greek.htm

I like the New Covenant theology that is emerging. It solves many of the theological dilemmas imposed by traditional covenant and dispensation theology. http://www.biblicalstudies.com/bstudy/hermenutics/nct.htm

Under the New Covenant, Christians have a freedom in Christ which Sabbatarians (Sunday or Saturday) completely miss. The Sabbath had a prophetic function in its anticipation of the gospel rest enjoyed by all who are in Christ, both now and in eternity (eg., Heb.4). NCT would argue that the 7th day Sabbath marks the Old Covenant (eg., Exodus 31; Col. 2:16-17) and emphasize rather the position of Luther and Calvin that the Sabbath now finds its fulfilment in Christ under the New Covenant (Col. 2:17). (Resting in Jesus).

The Sabbatarian focus is wrong, for they focus on the Old Covenant instead of upon Christ’s New Covenant. Throughout the New Testament, the Apostles warned Christians to be continually on their guard when they came into contact with Sabbatarians (see Acts 15:1-2, 5, 10-11; Titus 1:10-14; Galatians 3:10, 23-25; et cetera).

There is a place you can go where there is a large archive of files on this subject. The World Wide Church of God used to be Seventh Day Sabbath keepers, but renounced that position. The theological arguments that erupted over this issue are recorded and available to all. They knew all the proof texts to support Seventh Day Sabbath keeping and in fact taught them for decades, but one by one they were compelled to admit their errors, in light of Bible truth.
http://www.wcg.org/lit/law/default.htm

Also, there are a whole host of sites run by ex- Seventh Day Adventists who have a wealth of material on this. I used to write then off as heretics and “bitter” individuals until I started to seriously investigate their claims and try to refute them honestly. Then I discovered that it was I who was in error and that I had been misled. Now I feel sorry for Sabbath keepers, whether they be Saturday or Sunday keepers. I have entered the true rest – in Jesus.

http://www.exadventist.com/Home/Sabbath/tabid/53/Default.aspx
www.ellenwhite.org
What Seventh-day Adventists Need to Know
www.ratzlaf.com
www.truthorfables.com
www.sabbaths.org
www.AdventistTruth.org
Proclamation! Magazine
Former Adventist Fellowship
Hope this helps,
Ken"

Blessings,

Bro. Germain

www.myspace.com/wawesan
www.tagworld.com/srobouay

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jesus' Attitude toward the Law
17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Lk. 16.17
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

LET THE BIBLE SPEAK, AND WE WILL LEARN.
THE LAW WAS MEANT TO SERVE FOR 1000 GENERATIONS SEE:

DEUTERONOMY 7:9

1 CHRONICLES 16:15

OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT, IT IS THE LAW THAT MAKES YOU A CHILD OF JEHOVAH (YAHWEY) THE FATHER OF JESUS. HE WANTS GENTILES TO DO IT TOO SEE:

ISAIAH 56: 6-8 (THIS IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE!)

Jesus' Attitude toward the Law
17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Lk. 16.17
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

YAVA BLESS AND KEEP AND GUIDE YOU ALL MY BELOVED FAMILY. ~Israel Joseph I
" Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word".

John 8:54-55

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service