Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Jesus. Lord I thank you for your word every single day. But have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.
EW, I've been pondering lately from a lot of what you've been trying to convey to others on BPN while receiving much criticism and much fire coming your way for trying to awaken all of us, including myself to strive dilligently in seeking to abide like never before to the Vine based on your love for Christ. Follow me on this and let me know what you think.

God's grace is not a static attribute whereby He passively accepts hardened, unrepentant sinners. Grace does not change a person's standing before God yet leave his character untouched. Real grace is not the Christians liberty to do precisely as he chooses to serve an agenda that is cloaked subtly in vanity. True grace, according to Scripture, teaches us "to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age". Grace is the power of God to fulfill our New Covenant duties, however inconsistently we obey at times. I know I fail at times and am quick to ask for repentance. Clearly, grace does not grant permission to live in the flesh, it supplies power to live in the Spirit.

Faith, like grace, is not static. Saving faith is more than just understanding the facts and mentally acquiescing. It is inseparable from repentance, surrender and a supernatual eagerness to obey.

To me it seems most Christians or those who characterise today as "born again" assume that because Scripture contrasts faith and works, faith may be devoid of works. They set up a concept of faith that eliminates submission, yieldedness (spelled right?), or turning from sin, and they categorize all the practical elements of salvation as human works. They stumble over the twin truths that salvation is a gift, yet it costs everything.

What I hear you saying which is the core of your many writings and postings on BPN is that if we are truly born of God, we have a faith that connot fail to overcome the world. We may sin, we will sin, but the process of sanctification can never stall completely. God is at work in us, and he will continue to perfect us until the day of Christ, that is if we allow Him to not just be our Saviour, but to also allow Him to be our Lord!
Thank you brother Newman for your response. You have summed it up pretty well but I will say that the first sentence referring to God's grace not being a static attribute whereby He passively accepts hardened, unrepentant sinners can be misconstrued by those looking for an argument. I certainly understand what you are saying in that you can come to Jesus as you are but you cannot leave out the same. You must live a repentant life. This can be summed up by the following scripture with reference to those claiming salvation:

Roman 11:20-22. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off , and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded , but fear :

21. For if God spared not the natural branches , take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell , severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off .

Believers must understand that we have to continue in goodness (walk upright before God & all men) and are not free to take advantage of God's grace. All to often I hear Christians justifying every sin there is under the excuse of "Jesus died for every sin". What we must all realize is that each and every time we sin we crucify Jesus afresh. The very thought of this should hurt us and bring tears to our eyes to do this to our Lord.

I don't claim to be perfect myself, but whenever anyone says to me "nobody's perfect" to explain away sin I always feel the urge to correct them. I think the best way to deal with imperfections is to say what the word says about us. LET THE WEAK SAY I'M STRONG. I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME. Don't harp on or glorify your weaknesses as if you are wearing them as a crown. Surprisingly no one is offended by it but very accepting of the whole concept.

When we teach a watered down, candy coated version of the gospel it is no different than administering poison in a babies bottle. It can slowly or quickly kill them. If you want a church full of sinners then preach softly. This is what we must stand against. The truth won't hurt if administered properly. But a little leaven can kill. The Church is crawling with babies from the pulpit to the door and it is my hope that they awaken out of this sleep before it is too late. Contrary to what most believe we fall down but we get up has been overplayed AND OVEREXTENDED in the life of believers and has created crippled children not able to stand. Teaching is key and most church leaders lack the knowledge or even concern to properly teach. KILLING YOU SOFTLY. When ministering to unbelievers it is important to do an initial separation of what is real and what is leaven. This will keep that individual from falling into this church trap. Help us Lord!

JUST LIKE THE MINISTER SAID IN THE VIDEO. IF YOU ARE SITTING UNDER ANY OF THESE TYPES OF MINISTRIES. RUN DON'T WALK GETTING OUT OF THERE.
So very true in what you say. Jesus cleansed us with His shedding of His blood for our sins. If He did this then why do we keep saying we are sinners. This is the lie of the enemy. Jesus said sin no more so we can't as you stated keep putting Him on the cross. He did away with the animal sacrifices and did this one time and one time only. We are calling Him a lie when we use the "I'm weak or not perfect" excuses. If He is in us then how can we keep Satan's death words instead of using God's Life Words. With Him in us and we in Him we should never accept Satan's lies and instead be able to crush his lies with the power of His Blood. We should press towards mark/goal in Philippians 3:13 - 17 and not those in verses 18 - 19. We should remember our Spiritual Circumcism and Spiritual Operation in Colossian 2:9 - 15 and as in Colossian 2:8, Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world and not after Christ. Colossians 3 says it all to me and especially verse 2, Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Love it! Another along the same lines is Revival Hymn (for those who may have missed it):
http://hashaliach.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=16&...

I think they should be viewed together. The introduction part of this video might be a little tedious for some, but it is worth the watch - and it does get better.
Brother Bowman, I just finished listening to this and it filled my heart with joy and my eyes with tears of joy. This is so missing and should be shown to everyone. Thank you for sharing and all praise and glory be to God. I see so many ministers here on BPN that fill they should be rewarded monetary means for serving God and it sadens me tremendously. They take scripture out of context to justify they should be paid to preach. It is about them and not about the glory of God but in their minds they feel they are giving God the glory but in reality they are in humanism for it is about pleasing men/themselves and not giving glory to God. Thank you again.
This was really good, spiritual and so much truth in what we must run from. We must also be careful in what we say Amen to because when we just say Amen and say it to those that make evil good, that is wrong. Thank you for sharing this Brother Newman.
Amen brother John. I dont' know who this pastor is, but whoever he is his church is a blessed one. You can tell his passion and heart is solely with God and it just bothers him tremendously to see His saviour being maligned and watered down for the sole purpose of feeding bellies while hell's door is widening under so much junk that is not even biblical. If this pastor was within 25 miles to my home I'd crawl there on broken glass to sit under this great man of God. The question begs to ask, why is this not the norm today? What happened to the convicting and challenging and impacting Gospel of Christ that challenges us to really know what is offensive to Him as we come under the knowledge of a powerful and loving Creator of heaven and Earth in America? Have we lost collectively our first love? I bet noone within ear shot of his preaching nods out during one of his services....LOL
True Brother Scott. I too would be there in this church. It's sad that our churches have deteriorated so much and one reason I do home studies. To many humanism churches of "it's about man" and buisness being paid to serve God and I can't stomach that. No one is convicted anymore just warm and fuzzy feelings with useless stories being told. God bless.
Brothers and sisters.

Here is another article along these same lines - strong teaching.

http://hashaliach.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article...;
I too have seen this by David Ryser and use this teaching. America has definitely used the Gospel as a business and therefore to me prostituted the Gospel for self gain by the hirelings.
If you liked that one, may I also suggest a posting of my own? It started out as a comment on speaking in tongues (when appropriate in a service), and my study developed into a wider application of body-ministry principles.

http://hashaliach.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&a...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service