As an inquiring brother would like to know what you Godly Sisters, Mothers, and Wives feel your position in the home is

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya'll don't scurr me.. if anything I enjoy each of you to the fullest. As I use to say back in the 80's YA'LL ROCK! LOL
You scurred! LOL
The word HelpMate doesn't apply here I guess!! how about a Teacher. Since the first Teacher in the Life of a Child is the Mother. How about quiet {humble, submissive} You ever notice obey doesn't enter into marriage vows anymore. But they will do what Bishop,Pastor,Evangelist etc. say. The Man is the Head of The Woman, so how come the torsoes keep trying to head.
That's most definitely a way of putting it. Please share more, that can't be all there is to it?
Back at the beginning...The question at hand (albeit grammatically incorrect but I digress):

"As an inquiring brother would like to know what you Godly Sisters, Mothers, and Wives feel your position in the home is "

I feel my role as a godly SISTER (be it sister to sister or sister to brother) is and should be as Mary (Lazarus's Mary); as Phebe (feel free to look her up); as both the younger and elder woman (for I am the elder of some and the younger of others). But these and more can be easily found via word searches... etc. etc. etc.

I feel my role as a godly MOTHER (be it blood relations or other as mentioned above in "elder" status)... well the old standard would apply -- Proverbs 22:6; but one must not forget the hierachy of the home is our heavenly Father FIRST and and over all... the husband, the wife, then the children. and much more could be said about that.

And yet... I find that not many will answer my question about the single parent home. Whether it is right or not, whether it should be is.. the fact is that it IS so... again, I must digress....

I have more to say about both but for now I won't One could quote scripture ad nauseum about each particular role of the godly woman.. but to say the least is to say the most. The least being.. the most important role a godly woman could have is... daughter... which was not mentioned at all. (Romans 8:15; Gal 4:6) Apart from that... you can do nothing that will please the Lord. But I understand we are dealing with presuppostions here so....yet again... I digress.

Lastly, the reason I tend to answer questions the way I do is because my Teacher continues to teach me His ways and the ways of mankind (Matt 22:35) Sometimes a question is not asked for teaching reasons... but a teacher responds as a teacher speaking the truth in love. Will it be received... well, was His?
Did you answer the question? LOL
I've answered three times already... what in particular are you looking for?

Because you are missing what I'm saying.
Ohhhh all defensive and stuff. I'm missing what you are saying is not true but messing with you is and you can't take it. Just kidding again so relax now Teach. I like Eph 5:22 -33 but answer the question.
which was my initial point... but it makes more sense when you say it doesn't it ... (smirking with eyebrow raised -- LOL)
Ok ok.. I see how I need to answer you fine gentlefellows... LOL

Let's see.. how did I respond to the third graders... hmmm

ok class.

First, a goldy woman's role in the home should be obey the "greatest" commandment to love the Lord first and then all others as herself. All others would most definitely include, husband/brother/son/daughter/etc.

Second, as wife, she was already commanded to love her husband (which is included in the "all others") but she is also commanded to submit to her "own" husband. Farmer John down the street is not her husband. But our omniscient Father knows His creation quite well and does not leave her hanging in a submissive role to a husband with no instructions from Him as well. The husband she submits to is depicted in Ephesians 5:22-23. If this is not what the man believes.. then she had better well not marry the bloke or she will have to be sumbissive to a BLOKE.. LOL It is hell on earth to have to submit to a husband who does not know his role in the home. The balance shifts and the home begins to sink into the depths of delusion and deception which will most likely be replicated in the lives of their children.

Thirdly as a sister - a godly woman should see that man as a brother before anything else (Mark 3:35)

Fourthly as a mother - proverbs says it best.

Speaking of proverbs... nah.. nevermind.
my sister, alot of men do know their role in the home though not knowing the ways of God, How about One Flesh???? what is your thought on this
my thought is that some men have experienced or witnessed some emotionally hurtful things and are therefore in search of affirmation and confirmation for personal exhortation that won't result in elevation only ..... unbiblical segregation (albeit some is biblical) but they do these things while hiding behind the mask of scripture quotation just to prove a point.... "I'm right and dem dere womenfolk are wrong".... LOL

The school bell is ringing.... is it recess time already?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service