ACCEPTING CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR - What scripture is that?

This modern tradition of telling people they are saved if they ACCEPT JESUS as their personal saviour is ridiculous.

Hahahahah! - now tell me WHY I am wrong.

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

God bless you Sis. Newview.

And yes, baptism is necessary because Jesus was baptized. However, being baptized is not a perquisite for salvation, but rather an outward show to the world of your new life in Christ. Water baptism by full immersion is a type of death, burial and resurrection - the death of the sinful man/woman, with the resurrection of a new, spiritual born-again man/woman in Christ Jesus.
And yes, baptism is necessary because Jesus was baptized.
However, being baptized is not a perquisite for salvation...,

So Sis, in other words, baptism is necessary because Jesus 'did it'
but
baptism is not necessary for one to have their sins remitted.

Am I understanding this right?
Did you bother read where it said in all those scriptures that God is not a respecter of person, and therefore can not be your personal savior.
"Did you bother read where it said in all those scriptures that God is not a respecter of person, and therefore can not be your personal savior."

Bro Hez,

See you can't go down that road about 'Personal Saviour' since it's not straight scripture.
It is a string of scriptures that are woven together to mean whatever one wants it to mean. You will be entering into a village of their own creation. I dont know those streets or understand the sign posts or speed limits...

So that is no longer my question - my question is now limited to : What must one do to have their sins remitted?'
I was actually talking to sister Harris, with that post Sister Newview.

Read those scriptures I posted that said God is not a respecter of persons.
This thread has a demonic influence, those of you that have a personal relationship with God, should no longer cast your pearls to the swine.
Lord Sis,
I hope you dont think its the influence of demons because I ask if a person needs to be baptized to have their sins remitted.

Its only a question.
I know we all believe in Jesus - I just am trying to understand why ONLY in the last few decades is it no longer a MUST to be baptized to get your sins washed away?

It was just a question.
@ Sister New View

Acts 2:36-38 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:1-5 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Yes, Bro Hez - I dont see how these scriptures could be offensive to the Body of Christ..

How are they offensive? and why did the apostles tell these people they NEEDED to be baptized - Even if they are believers in salvation through Jesus Christ ALREADY?
It is a must to be Baptized. That is why John the Baptist was around. It is very necessary to baptism for salvation. If you are not baptized you are yet in your sins.
Sis. Newview,

SALVATION
"For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God." Romans 3:23

1. Admitting to God that you are a sinner in need of salvation.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

2. Ask God to forgive you of all your sins.

"...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth, the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raise him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

3. Declare to God that you believe Christ died on the cross for you and rose again.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock, if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him and he with me." Revelation 3:20

4. This is where you would invite Jesus to come into your heart and life right now as your Lord and Savior.

Confirmation: In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.. Ephesians 1:13

NOW after receiving the gift of salvation, you are ready to be baptized as a declaration to the world of your spiritual death, burial, and resurrection to a new living soul in Christ Jesus.

If for whatever reason you never get baptized before leaving this earthly life, remember . . . ."ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise."
Heehee, Sister Pat - am I driving you crazy? :-)
I hope not. We gonna come to some kind of understanding - I promise.

You said:
NOW after receiving the gift of salvation, you are ready to be baptized as a declaration to the world of your spiritual death, burial, and resurrection to a new living soul in Christ Jesus.

I ask:
Is baptism a MUST to have your sins remitted?

You said:
Confirmation: In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.. Ephesians 1:13
If for whatever reason you never get baptized before leaving this earthly life, remember . . . ."ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise."

I ask:
But Sister he was encouraging people that already had their sins remitted. They were in the Body already. They had been buried and raised up new creatures.
And you say getting baptized is a declaration to the world -- are you saying that it does not remitt the sins of those not saved - that it is only a declaration to the world?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service