ACCEPTING CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR - What scripture is that?

This modern tradition of telling people they are saved if they ACCEPT JESUS as their personal saviour is ridiculous.

Hahahahah! - now tell me WHY I am wrong.

Views: 444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MY Friend it's not about me ,never will ever be about me. It's about one/you to have the correct fellowship and relationship with Jesus the Christ. I leave you st.John 3:16 for God so loved the world [you /I/ and whomsoever] that he gave ,his only begotten son [Jesus Christ}that who so ever shall believe in him shall not Perish but have eternal life
It is about you because you read the scriptures that was posted, but you still believe a lie.
"YES , Because salvation can not be earned or worked for. Salvation is a free gift from God. The shed blood of Jesus the Christ atoned for all our sins. ...I live you with Romans 10:9 if you confess with your mouth and believe in your on the lord Jesus then you are saved . Psss just that simple and easy."

Paul was talking to --------------> the SAINTS.
It was a letter to those that already had gotten saved.
Oh my goodness!!!!!

Which apostle or itinerate preacher in the bible approached ANY one wanting to be saved or even those that did not want to be saved and told them to
"ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR - now you are saved"?

O my goodness...this. is. precious.

Which persons in the bible said the words
" I NOW ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS MY PERSONAL SAVIOUR" ???

I remember Jesus telling the disciples to go out and baptize and I remember on the day of Pentecost those that believed (a whole bunchabunch) were pricked in their hearts and ASKED Peter what exactly it was they should do to be saved -----> and Peter responded that they had to repent and be baptized.
Never ever did he say "ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR and you will be saved

Why would men come up with a different formula?
Why would men that follow Christ make the commandments of God of no affect and start this new fangled approach at saving souls.

Why do preachers do this today?
Lord have mercy.

By the way - there were some guys that did indeed believe in salvation through Jesus Christ and Paul asked them how they were baptized.
If baptisim was not important to salvation - why didnt Paul just say "Oh great, you guys believe in Jesus and you have confessed it with your mouths, well thats all you need"
No.
He asked them had they been baptized - they said YEAH, but they were baptised according to how John the Baptizer did it and they had to be baptized correctly.

So you have people that believed and confessed it and yet STILL had to get baptized.
Nobody said that the words "accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior" was actually printed in the Bible. This is a statement that a person makes when he/she received salvation. It is merely an expression of what has taken place in their life.

Why do you insist in twisting someone words to make it appear as false doctrine. If you do not agree with the interpretation of how to receive salvation, then just say so without twisting someone words. I don't have to stoop to such cheap shots to disagree with a person. I simply state my case. Period.

You and Hezekiah have a bad habit of rephrasing a person's statement and then acccuse them of making this statement that you re-worded. For example:

Which persons in the bible said the words
" I NOW ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS MY PERSONAL SAVIOUR" ???

Nobody said that a person in the Bible made this statement; this was a personal declaration made by an individual explaining how she/received salvation.

Sheeeeesh!
Chaplain,

Its always better to do it how the word says, and not how tradition says it.
James

Salvation is done by the Word; a personal expression to another person is just that, a personal being made in a conversation.
James,

This is exactly what I am talking about when I say some people take a person's statement and twist it!
Chaplain,

Salvation is NOT done by a word, rather your heart. Thats Greek thinking that you gave buddy. To receive salvation, you must TURN FROM your sins, and TURN TO Yahuah your God. It is done by an ACTION, and not by a mere word.
@ Sister Harris

You are kicking against the Bible not Brother Trevor.
Amen, and thanks for Defending the Gospel of Jesus the Christ, Chaplian Harris
Pastor,

The Gospel of Jesus Christ ONLY KNOWS OBEDIENCE, and not disobedience.
Listen Up!

This dialogue and others like it is becoming more fruitless by the minute because some people on this site are more interested in promoting their own point of view rather than making the effort to understand or explore someone else's view. This form of communication has become competitive and combative because while certain individuals are waiting for replies, they are already formulating their rebuttal and planning an attack with the intent to destroy the other person's comment to make themselves appear as the victor.

This type of behavior is definitely not of God, no matter how you twist it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service