Do Christian women have a right to dress sexually provocative and say that the brothers need to control themselves? Can we truly dress how we want to dress?

Many young women wear this during church services, in the choir and doing their so called praise dances.

It is my believe that we are not to become a stumbling block for our brothers. Many sisters are quoted as saying that is his problem if he can’t contain his lust and we already know that some men’s minds are going to go where they are going to go.

According to the following scripture can a woman truly excuse her sexual dress and provocative behavior. Should a Christian woman wear anything that may cause her brother to fall.

For the record I am not talking about brothers who would be tempted by anything walking but those who struggle daily because of being exposed to underdressed women, media overexposure and so on.

Romans 14:13 KJV
Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Views: 943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My response to:

You Said, EW, seriously, if the Holy Spirit was present, there should have been an outpouring of repentence.

Just like I have tried to tell you, sometimes Satan sends people to the house of God. Everyone is not coming to repent or be saved. Those young ladies with the thongs on were just trying to be funny and not looking for salvation. Anybody would know better to come to church in a thong.

They wouldn't show up to school that way now would they.

You contradict yourself, the presents of the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with people that are being devilish. There shouldn't be any sin in any church if all it took was the Presence of the Holy Spirit. The presence doesn't always result in repentance.

Anyways, what is repentance? Repentance is a turning away from ones sins not just a visit to the altar.
I think you do not understand what I mean, I have seen drunks, come in our church,sobered by the Power of the Holy Ghost, addicts delivered on the altar, without rehab. This experience is awesome. If the Holy Ghost was working in that revival, the intent of those girls would have been seen.
I understand where you are going with this.... I've been in services like that to... BUT..just because the Holy Ghost is working.. that doesn't stop the devil from acting up......that's when you have to start casting that unclean spirit out....

But the bible states.. Foolishness is bound in a heart of a child but the rod of correction will drive it out..... these girls were acting foolish....
SIDE BAR!!

Thank you, leave the pimp, whores and whoremonger descriptions alone
speak to edify
Evangelist Fugett.. who were you talking to?? Not one time I use those description... BUT If I did why correct/chastie.. someone that is saying what they feel...this a public board.. and people are going to speak there mind...
Not you, I did not ever see you mention those descriptions of these children lost, but read some other posts, and as far as speaking minds that is their entitlement with it being a public board, just as it is mine
Side bar

LOL...

I understand...

I wanted this great conversion to keep on going... without any Fricition......harsh words throwing at each other... sometimes.. things can get out of hand on these topics....
It is a good conversation, I got a message from it to give (Do You Look Holy?), thank God!!!!!,

again don't ever think that you precious ones can offend me, I'm a soldier, I wear my whole armor, I AM convinced in the Lord, that Love is the only way, because God is Love. Be Blessed on the battlefield Evangelist.
I agree with Evangelist Altha,that when we receive our Jesus as our personal lord and saver,we will be transformed.The spirit of the Lord is going to counsel us to dress properly and that is not good to wear you will put off as you will be obeying the spirit of the Lord.Be blessed
So then you don't believe that the elder woman are to teach the younger women how to dress because many young people are obviously not listening to the`Spirit. I see young people dressing so uncovered that we must do as the scriptures has directed us. Teach the younger women. Young women have turned the congregation into lust dens and stumblingblocks for many brothers.
Praise the Lord Brother, I am a true believer, that the Holy Spirit will guide in those matters,

the Elder women in the church are to teach the younger sisters what's important, how to love your own husband through the good times and the bad, how to be good housewives, not gossipers, how to interact with the other sisters in church in a holy manner, how to raise their children.

When we teach these biblical principles and allow the Holy Ghost to transform, through the Word, minds will be renewed, something on the inside will work to change things on the outside.
Boitumelo, I don't know if you have read the dialogue in the rest of this discussion but we are talking about young woman who have been in the church long enough to know how to dress but continue to dress provocative intentionally to tempt the brotherhood. I am not speaking about new converts. However, everyone is not always lead by the spirit which is why there are young woman who use the church and the altar as an occasion to be stumblingblocks for their brothers.

It is a woman's responsibility to cover up and respect the house of God and when she doesn't do, that should a young man who is newly saved have to battle with lust until she decides to hide her body. No, she should be pulled aside and told how to dress. I don't know how things are in Malaysia but American women have a tendency to show cleavage, thighs, form fitting outfits to high their butts and breast and so on and so on. How can they expect brothers to concentrate on the service when this is in their face. Again, not speaking of new converts but those who know better.

Also, in the case of visitors sometimes they may need a towel placed over their laps if the dress is too inappropriate. As I stated in a previous post a few young ladies decided to where thongs to church and I am pretty sure they were trying to be funny. The sisters in the church started covering them with whatever they could find as this was total disrespect. We have got to learn how to discern spirits and not assume that everyone who comes to church is looking for Jesus.
Brother be strong in the Lord! it is a bad message to our young men and OLD that they are endowed with the power of the Holy Ghost, that they are able to speak and move mountains, walk on scorpions.

but when a woman obviously intent on tempting walks by, all of sudden you are thrust into some deep trial.

Think on Jospeh, he fled from his temptation, because he knew, and had a personal relationship with his God.

Everyone coming to church is not looking for Jesus, but when they get there they ought to be able to see HIM in his disciples.

Thank you Jesus!, "Do You Look Holy?" Men do you look like you are strong in the Lord, are weak in the knees behind a short dress?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service