I now understand more and more about this so-call world of "Hip-Hop". I understand now why "Hip-Hop"has really no place in our churches and yet it's slowly creeping in our church doors. After hearing all of this, I will stand behind fellow clergy members by NOT allowing "Hip-Hop" into our churches.

Pastors,Ministers and Church Leaders, would you allow "Hip-Hop" in your churches? Is this a way in keeping our youth in church? I am interested in all feedback concerning this issue.

Views: 3565

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bro. Hodge,
LOL! You must be kidding. Man, I had to take my first thought captive and bring it to the obedience of Jesus Christ! You are attempting to goad me into a fleshly argument and, in the mighty name of Jesus, I refuse.

I would never suggest such insanity and I am insulted that you would stoop to that level. Nonetheless, I forgive you.

You have the whole argument twisted. If you set the song of Moses (Deuteronomy 32:1-43) to a hip-hop beat, do you mean to say that the Word of God loses it's power? If that is the case, you think the Word of God is devoid of power...period!

Listen, Jesus said the TRADITION OF MEN render the Word of God of none effect (Matthew 15:6, Mark 7:13). It is the polluted tradition you and others espouse that fill not only the strip club parking lots, but also the funeral home parking lots. When you were driving your members past the strip clubs, did you also drive them by Cole's, Stinson's, Thompson's, or any of the undertakers along the way?

Kids are dying by the thousands because preachers and pastors refuse to reach out to them. By refusing to reach them at their point of understanding, you flat-out surrender them to satan, and the earthly end of them is they wind up at the strip club or on display the local undertaker. Even worse, the spiritual end of many of these young men is they are going to hell! Do you want that blood on your hands?

Your argument equating holy hip-hop with pole-dancing is both disingenuous and carnal. But, in the name of Jesus, I still love you!
Please Pastor Day,

Show me in the Bible that you can't use pole dancers as a "tool" to win souls for Christ...afterall we would'nt want clothing to be bondage; would we?

And PLEASE show me in the Bible where HIP HOP is an acceptable tool! chapter and verse please.

Pastor Hodge
Pastor Day,

Are you even reading your own post? "Kids are dying by the thousands because preachers and pastors refuse to reach out to them. By refusing to reach them at their point of understanding, you flat-out surrender them to satan",

This your opinion!

Kids are dying by the thousands because preachers and pastors (ike you) refuse to be honest with them and maintain a bold moral contrast between them and the world! People don't need help staying where they are! They need help to get to where they need to be! Our job is not to blend in with the norms; our job is to be the voice crying out in the wilderness: repent! repent! repent for the kingdom of God is at hand!

Preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ not Tupac!

Pastor Hodge
Bro. Hodge,

Please look at this. It is a video of a Korean choir singing an Israel Houghton song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1KWBp2UXo

They are ministering to folks at the level of their understanding. And it's ANOINTED!
no thank you
Have I offended you to the point that you would dismiss out-of-hand evidence that supports my thesis? Come on, Brother!
I could ask you the same question
Bro. Hodge,
Since we are on a kinder, gentler level of discourse, I pray that you will look at the video link I sent you.
The term is pharisaical. Tarik its not about who is a pastor and who is not, it is actually about you not having a response, and having too much pride to admit it. You want to hide behind some sanctimonious religious protocol that is not even biblically based. You did not espond to m answers Tarik seriously do you realze that I can go back and post what you actaully put out. You hid behind your title and said exactly what you are saying now, that because you are a pastor and I am not that you are not bound to answer. I said it before and I will say it again you need to get some REAL pastoral training before you hurt someone, And as far as accusing you of being an anti Christ, what I said was

"I do not believe that Brother Day is that black and white. Here is what I believe the meaning is. If one is for religion, one would be for something that God hates, if someone is for something that He is against then the logic would be he or she would be anti God, and in a very real sense, anti Christ."

now if you take that to mean that I am saying that you are an anti christ, then what you admit to is being a pastor who preaches a religion and not Christ. Is that what you are admitting to? See, here is where you need to back away from you accusing me of accusing you of being an antichrist because it does more damage to you than it does me. I can read, and I can understand what I read. You however seem to delight in taking what you read out of context when it does not agree with whatever point you are trying to make, and you are not used to being called to the carpet on it. The people who read what I wrote know what I said, and they just saw what you said about YOURSELF
By the way Tarik, here is the answer you immediately posted to me. Tell me where does it rebut my answers:

Brother Anthony,

I did not know that you were not Pastors...why did you not make this clear early on? This is seriouse...The question was put to Pastors, Ministers and Church Leaders...You responded as though you two were Pastors...

This entire conversation is out of line..Since I am a Pastor; I am the more out of line...As God is my witness I do repent! (of have the conversation) I am not your Pastor, you are under a Pastor...for a host of reasons; I can not continue this conversation with you.

You really should have made your identity known...early on...I thank you for the time that you took to respond to the questions that I possed to Bro. Day.

Please forgive me for maintaining this conversation with you? Have a nice day.

Pastor Hodge

What answers did you put up that spoke to anything that I wrote. All I see is sanctimony (see there is that word again) and hiding behind some non biblical protocol devised by men who simply did not want to answer questions.
That's your opinion.
Uh actually what I posted is what YOU originally posted, its not an opinion it is a factual thing. Now if you wish to continue to back peddle, you are more than welcome to do so.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Raliegh Jones Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service